ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new MX5 (Shed Content)

I've said it countless times (on here usually, due to everybody being a professional motorsport engineer) that it's not hard to make very low cars handle better than their standard counterparts.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
WTF!
Hope you get it back.

As above details etc? Post in GC if you havent already.

Listerine & Poledo
I'll keep an eye out for anything shiny-side down in a ditch for you.

Bag form though fella, hope it turns up.

Listerine & Poledo
must........resist........

That's weak thought fella, no matter what I or anyone thinks about the car, no-one deserves that happening to their wheels.

Best get CSI in there, dusting for prints on the steering wheel and computer-generating up some evidence.

320d
Gutted for you mate. Did it have an immobiliser or anything?

I keep mine literally a mile or so away from where yours was stolen.

Gutted for you mate. Did it have an immobiliser or anything?

I keep mine literally a mile or so away from where yours was stolen.

Yeah, had an immobiliser...
Only a basic one like, can't have done much good!

The car was unrecognizable apparently, melted wheels etc.. they left the steering column cover at the scene though weirdly :S

It was taken at 8pm last night by three youths... and the torched car was found at about 22.50?
Seems like a massive coincidence if it isn't mine! Just have to wait and see. :(

Christ knows. CCTV wasn't very clear apparently - i didn't get a chance to see it... Will try have a look later when the police come down.

This is just a massive pain in the arse. My insurance goes up, I've lost a car and it's just a s**t load of paper work for the coppers. POINTLESSSORZZZZZ

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It was taken at 8pm last night by three youths... and the torched car was found at about 22.50?
Seems like a massive coincidence if it isn't mine! Just have to wait and see. :(

Gutted. :(

Where was it found mate? I'm in the Quays... never knew you were so close.

I look at an apartment opposite to yours when I was looking for one (XQ7?), It had been flooded by the owner though apparently.. stank! :dead:

Found in Salford about two miles away - apparently there have been loads of burnt out cars found along the same road. Trinity way IIRC?

EDIT: not trinity way - that's near where I live (Chapel Street). lol

320d

How stupid do you have to be to steal a two seater car when there are three of you? One of them must have had to sit on the others knee. Hardly discreet is it.

172 For sale
60557_437907496389_504966389_4997951_6761283_n.jpg

33744_443395011389_504966389_5102970_2402921_n.jpgI had a white supercharged one, I loved it.

Edit very insensitive didnt read end of thread.

My bad

How stupid do you have to be to steal a two seater car when there are three of you? One of them must have had to sit on the others knee. Hardly discreet is it.

Haha, that's what I thought! I think they came on some bikes... Will have to wait until I can see the CCTV. That's not going to be nice viewing :(

View attachment 65355

View attachment 65356I had a white supercharged one, I loved it.

Edit very insensitive didnt read end of thread.

My bad

lol No worries bud, that looks lovely!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
:( Such a stupid thing to do. I mean what's that all about. FFS.

Area have much car crime mate?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Balls. This is s**t mate.

Insurance is all in order I take it, so you should get a decent payout and a fresh start at least. Silver lining and all that.

I'm right on the edge of the centre of Manchester Gally, so I don't think where I park it etc is full of car crime. But where it was found (2 miles away further into Salford) is full of it - they've had several cars torched on the same road in the past few weeks as far as I know.

Insurance should pay out, yeah - my excess will take a decent chunk out of it though. So I'll probably end up with about 800 quid - nowhere near enough for me to buy and insure another car. Especially with no NCB and this claim now ffs!