ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new MX5 (Shed Content)

I have a hard top for one of these, and a chrome brace thing with a wind deflector init, any idea how much these bits are worth ?

Its black (would need a repaint), the car is silver otherwise i would leave it on there! quite like my mx5 but im going to get an s14 i think, my friend has one and i love it!

320d
Great buy. Fantastic cars the MX5. Love mine, I almost sold it for another Clio and I'm so glad I didn't.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You were behind me at the rail crossing the other day and you didn't wave.

c**t.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Looks f**king awesome though. Just don't 'winston' it!

Did you use mx5parts.co.uk?

CBR1K, F21 125D
Don't use them, so overpriced and people have been having all sorts of issues lately...

Just use Autolink.

Looks f**king awesome though. Just don't 'winston' it!

Did you use mx5parts.co.uk?

Need some wheeeeels quite badly! And a new roof and paint.. but Wheels are more important!
Yeah, got an Exedy clutch - it's already come... just waiting to fit it now

Don't use them, so overpriced and people have been having all sorts of issues lately...

Just use Autolink.

They were alright for me! Ordered on Saturday, came on Monday.

Just looked on Autolink... looks cheap! /Balls.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I was going to say MX5parts were always really quick for me.

Also sent me 2 free silenced de cats by mistake!

I like the wheels that are on it. Small is cool!

CBR1K, F21 125D
Remeber to use MX5NUTZ discount code on A.L too, as well as first time order discount. Works out very cheap if you need to order a few parts.

I was going to say MX5parts were always really quick for me.

Also sent me 2 free silenced de cats by mistake!

I like the wheels that are on it. Small is cool!

I'll be keeping them 14 inches, whatever I go for...

P.S. MRS bodyshop or what ever its called now will do you a cheap re spray.

http://www.driffieldarc.co.uk/

Awesome, I'll enquire...

Remeber to use MX5NUTZ discount code on A.L too, as well as first time order discount. Works out very cheap if you need to order a few parts.

Great, cheers!

Czech
Awesome. The NAs look great in white too.

Good work. Nice to see an original set of Minilites on it too; even if you are going to change them :)

Awesome. The NAs look great in white too.

Good work. Nice to see an original set of Minilites on it too; even if you are going to change them :)

Think theyre the original daisy wheels mate, not minilites

This, original wheels! Might spray them bronze for now...

Can't wait to see what you do with it Joey. Good man for doing it properly.

Cheers Chris. It's going to be a long one! lol

Currently trying to decide on whether to go welded diff or torsen.... Hmmm

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
TorSen.

Welding is fine if you want to drift all the time. Which I assume you don't!

Look on driftworks forum for a diff. They tend to be cheaper than MX5nutz.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
KaaZ are decent from what I know of them on Honda forums. Noisy though! I've driven a DC5 with one and it made it sound broken with any lock on at low speeds. lol.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Waitey do you know what the Kaaz are like day to day?

I drove a boggo 1.6 with one fitted and it was alright. I think it was a 1.5 way one. You need some power to get the most out of them though really.

I always just used open diff's on my turbo 5.

Homo spec mazda
Having driven an open diff, a welder and a torsen, id 100% run a welder over an open any day of the week, even just for day to day driving. Hated the open with a passion

I hate the open too! If I got a torsen I'd need drive shafts and the prop too...
There's one on MX5Nutz for £275 incl drive&prop shafts, is that not a decent price?

There's no way I can afford a Kaaz! lol

CBR1K, F21 125D
Give Nigel AKA Ninja motors a PM on Nutz, he has just taken a few cars with diffs, see if he is selling any decent spec ones.

Small update:

Got a new clutch fitted today; massive improvement!
Also painted the wheels this weekend which resulted in my first c*ck up for this project... I intended to paint them bronze, but as I was in a bit of a rush in the shop I picked up brown instead without realising FFS. So now I'm rolling with wooden wheels :rolleyes:

6045673461_de80f3f8c9_z.jpg
Bollox by j0eyD, on Flickr

6045671631_a41a9fb2cb_z.jpg

DSC_0858 copy by j0eyD, on Flickr

Oh well, I should be buying a set of MiM's wheels this week as a temporary fix for the horrible stance - no point in buying really nice wheels just before winter tbh...
I've ordered a JDM rear numberplate holder, an offset front numberplate holder and a pair of square import plates - so they'll be going on this week, too. Also this weekend, whilst sat waiting in a carpark, I was messing with the steering wheel and pulled the centre cover off to reveal it's got a momo horn already fitted which is pretty cool!

6046217348_500c628a11_z.jpg

DSC_0853 copy by j0eyD, on Flickr

Only thing that's bugging me at the moment is I can't get it any lower - the rear adjusters have plenty of thread left to go down, but the spring isn't even in its seats (no helper springs in either) - so I presume it's just on the bump stops? Would chopping these rectify this? Or am I going to have to modify the top mounts and just raise the adjusters?

More random photo's:

6045675379_beaa68a967_z.jpg

DSC_0865 copy by j0eyD, on Flickr

6045677031_144760075c_z.jpg

DSC_0866 copy by j0eyD, on Flickr

6046215638_85b237c474_z.png

DSC_0851 copy by j0eyD, on Flickr

What coilovers are they? The raceland/ebay specials actually go pretty low. It's not one off those threaded collar on a standard strut set-ups is it?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
These mx5 projects are getting really popular :approve:

Pmsl at the mahogany wheels.