ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My housemates shed of an MX5 (Fully s**t content)

Living with someone who owns an MX5 is really not helping my want for one currently. We gave it a quick going over with an oily rag today, and this is probably the best it's looked in months (which is really saying something!) It's fully s**t, but that makes it awesome. It's like a zero f**ks given car, except with no budget. Over the next couple of months, 15x9" XXR 002's are going to be added, along with some proper coilovers (the current set up is slightly... errr... pikey). Also on the cards is a DIY respray. Because why the f**k not.

8638037968_00ce9f9995_c.jpg
Shag by j0eyD, on Flickr

8638037168_c3069fa86a_c.jpg

Shag by j0eyD, on Flickr

8636930945_37a4e9dd51_c.jpg

Shag by j0eyD, on Flickr

8636930153_c3649f09eb_c.jpg

Shag by j0eyD, on Flickr

8638034906_7f6447324b_c.jpg

Shag by j0eyD, on Flickr

8638034182_32aef61f4c_c.jpg

Shag by j0eyD, on Flickr

8638033364_898b277dbe_c.jpg

Shag by j0eyD, on Flickr

So awesomely s**t.

Oh and BTW, they are your wheels Toby. And they're being destroyed on a daily basis :cool:

Edition 30
Aaaahhhh you cheeky b*****d!

At least they're getting some use, love the dont give a f**k style!

Proper s**t. I remember being at Rhys' when they were trying to change the coilovers and it took them all night + all the next morning. I went back and they were still sat working on it! Saw sorted it iirc.

Track 172, Focus RS
I like it, i like the picture taking skills aswell. 2nd to last picture is my fave

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
s**t MX5's are getting as bad as Rat VW's for me i'm afraid. MX's are great to drive and can look awesome but that looks nothing but a s**tter to me. Not purposeful or cool looking imo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pikey respray in White, will help hide how s**t it is.

Love the car though, love the fact it actually has 3 coilovers and a standard shock, that's just awesome. It gives no s**t, looks cold and wet though going with the state of the hood or is it pretty decent?

work for BMW
What a car ! Reminds me of some kind of top gear challenge where they don't give a sh*t and saw stuff off and rattle can everything

Disastra Coupe
I fail to see what makes it cool tbh. It's just a shitter of an mx5 to me and i love mx5's, hence i had one.

What a sack of spunk that car is. Sam, You should be ashamed.

That rear wheel looks like a bowl of dicks.

When you respray it, please roller it, I've seen semi good results if you take your time.

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Im also in the camp of failing to see how it is good/cool. Not a massive a fan of MX5s, even less so when they look ready for the scrap heap.

It's really not meant to look cool; it's meant to be loud, go sideways and that's about it. The amount of abuse it takes is actually comical!
The roof is surprisingly water tight too. We're going to roller it white, or just go full harlequin spec. lol

Last edited:
  Shed Miata. NFG.
This car is not supposed to look cool in the slightest. Nothing about it is done for the looks, the rear wheels are on there due to having a puncture, and having a set of spare wheels, courtesy of JoeyD, as opposed to buying a new tyre on wheels I have no intention of using.
The standard shock & spring is on there due to a collapse of one of the coilover shocks. And I have no intention of keeping them, either.
this car wasn't great when I bought it, it's no better now, it's for a purpose, that's all.

Last edited:
Sam, this is CS.

Much s**t is dished out, and much s**t is taken, it's what keeps everything rotating in harmony.

It still looks like a bowl of dicks. I love you man. What?....

Last edited: