ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Festival 2016 - Book Tickets Now!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Pie and mash was a nice addition.
I didnt brave the eel liquor, did anyone else?

@dann2707

Yes please.

Was it actually any good? I heard fish and thought f**k that!

It looked like parsley sauce but when i read eel i thought i would give it a miss.
Were none of you freezing cold this morning?
I couldnt get that shitty pop up tent back in the bag so i just threw it in the back of the car and it popped back up again.
Is still there now actually.

It used to be made with water that they stewed eels in. Dont think they actually do that any more.

It's delicious and doesn't taste of fish at all.

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Really enjoyed the morning session
11f7a1f1bc0dc5f9ad620b4c23a0b951.jpg

A quick one, Please make sure you back off / let others past on track .. I was behind you for a long time with several times i could have passed you but with you hoofing it it made it almost impossible!
Apart from that, good driving!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Did anybody else get a @Dr Jekyll handshake?
Jesus christ....

LOL I was going to post about this. Proper handshake that! Just getting the feeling back in my fingertips:smile:

Really? Are you guys serious?

Its just a normal handshake. Actually when i saw Lee's post, i thought someone would pipe up and me wanking someone off. I didn't actually realise it was a genuine strong handshake! lol

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I would like to take my hat off to @DaveDreads.
This guy was the first to come up to me and say hi and make me feel welcome.
Throughout the day he was trying to get everyone involved and taking people out for passenger laps.
Credit where its due, his first tracktime was in the wet and he didnt hang about. Had a great laugh in the car at him with his facial exlressions and screaming while going sideways.
Even if he did almost kill me, had a great laugh!.
Will also add that the 'dog kennel' actually goes very well.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
How can people drink that buckfast by the way? Jesus :mask:
I'm not sure who was drinking it, but a chap came over to my tent asking for an energy drink for which he wanted to use as a mixer!

I didn't have any but asked to try his strange beverage out of curiosity, and it was awful lol he said he had 5 more bottles of the crap!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I would like to take my hat off to @DaveDreads.
This guy was the first to come up to me and say hi and make me feel welcome.
Throughout the day he was trying to get everyone involved and taking people out for passenger laps.
Credit where its due, his first tracktime was in the wet and he didnt hang about. Had a great laugh in the car at him with his facial exlressions and screaming while going sideways.
Even if he did almost kill me, had a great laugh!.
Will also add that the 'dog kennel' actually goes very well.
Cheers mate, after i'd stopped sh*tting myself and got use to the track I started to enjoy it, f*cking hilarious fun trying to control a tail happy car through the corners, it really does need a rear ARB though, shat myself a few times.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers mate, after i'd stopped sh*tting myself and got use to the track I started to enjoy it, f*cking hilarious fun trying to control a tail happy car through the corners, it really does need a rear ARB though, shat myself a few times.
Did you vomit at any point during the weekend?

And more importantly, did you miss me??

Reactions: Sam

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
A quick one, Please make sure you back off / let others past on track .. I was behind you for a long time with several times i could have passed you but with you hoofing it it made it almost impossible!
Apart from that, good driving!
If it's the guy in the red civic I think he got flagged so others could over take.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

Not what i'd call a proper puke, I had a mini foam one early on which Filters witnessed, then we got on with the serious drinking.

You'd have f*cking loved it mate, met a fair few new (to me) people that are proper sound as f*ck.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
If it's the guy in the red civic I think he got flagged so others could over take.

Nah he was fine, was the lad in the black 197 with the renaultsport show plates .. he wouldnt move even with me RIGHT up his backside and stuck on the lines ... some pretty poor etiquette imo

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How can people drink that buckfast by the way? Jesus :mask:
I tried a sip of that, never again! Ever!:sweat:

He'll say he only puked a little bit, but from where I was stood, he puked a good pint up. Not on my shoes luckily! 😂
He says it was a little one, but I witnessed aleast a full pint fly out at warp speed. Fair play though he carried on drinking afterwards...but, he did pretty much pass out and was the last to leave 😂

There we a few on track that were terrible for letting off. Guy in a silver 172 with green strips...after two laps of sitting on his back bumper he got the hint. Total helmet :triumph:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nah he was fine, was the lad in the black 197 with the renaultsport show plates .. he wouldnt move even with me RIGHT up his backside and stuck on the lines ... some pretty poor etiquette imo
Whilst I kind of agree with you, small tracks like this are usually packed with beginners. And they're too busy looking forwards and trying to concentrate.

If it was a £200 day at Brands Hatch I could understand your frustrations but at a little track like this, just back off for half a lap and give yourself some space.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not what i'd call a proper puke, I had a mini foam one early on which Filters witnessed, then we got on with the serious drinking.

You'd have f*cking loved it mate, met a fair few new (to me) people that are proper sound as f*ck.

😂😂 It was a proper puke :mask: I think you were just to pissed to notice how bad it was 😂

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Whilst I kind of agree with you, small tracks like this are usually packed with beginners. And they're too busy looking forwards and trying to concentrate.

If it was a £200 day at Brands Hatch I could understand your frustrations but at a little track like this, just back off for half a lap and give yourself some space.

Oh yeah for sure, I completely agree! I was the same on my first ever track day but i still looked around and let quicker cars through, Im not slating or anything, just a word of advice!

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Point of origin being JP's tent? Lol

@LeeRS Don't know what your talking about!

I don't normally drink, well not that much so I blame it on the rum!

Or JP.

Not guilty! Well, I was definitely guilty of snoring, but then I woke up this morning and I could hear someone from across the field snoring. Also Dreads was snoring good and proper Friday night. 😂

Not sure if he did, but @Liam. did. 😂

There was a few funny accents around, but we did miss that funny farmer accent.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
😂😂 It was a proper puke :mask: I think you were just to pissed to notice how bad it was 😂
Seriously mate that's nothing, Daniel and a few others have seen me puke myself inside out to the point I need to be carried to my tent, to me it only felt like a mouthful which is why it barely registered, it did make me feel like a new man afterwards which is why I just poured another drink.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Seriously mate that's nothing, Daniel and a few others have seen me puke myself inside out to the point I need to be carried to my tent, to me it only felt like a mouthful which is why it barely registered, it did make me feel like a new man afterwards which is why I just poured another drink.

It was comical to be fair 😂 "I think I'm going to be sick.....BLARRGHHHH" :mask:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I had no problems at all on the morning session with people hogging the track.

Everyone moved over when approached although I felt a bit bad when I passed a r5 on the 'first' long left hander onto the back straight.

I carried a bit more speed through the corner and was worried I came off as agressive.

...so, if you were in a white r5 and thought the yellow 197 was a bellend, then I apologise.

I did however have a brilliant dogfight with @LindaA other half in an albi 197 early on. He can't half pedal!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Not guilty! Well, I was definitely guilty of snoring, but then I woke up this morning and I could hear someone from across the field snoring. Also Dreads was snoring good and proper Friday night. 😂

Not sure if he did, but @Liam. did. 😂

There was a few funny accents around, but we did miss that funny farmer accent.
I'd got Scotland on one side of me and Essex/London the other side. I didn't have a clue what was being said 99% of the time