ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 ClioSport Festival 2023 - Book Tickets Now!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Messaged him, he was there in the AM only he said.

You killed 6 tyres??
The rear two had 2 days left in them. 2 x front ones were a day old and the spare 2 were only 2 days old.
Then I locked up heavily in the afternoon and flat spotted the tyres. Went in, changed tyres, back out and did exactly the same on the same corner on the new tyres. 🤦‍♂️😂

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just got back home: drive back was a breeze. Only took slightly longer than driving back from Blyton. The extra distance was well well worth it!!

We popped into see the circuit management before we left yesterday and the feedback we got was incredible! That’s as much down to you lot as it is us! What a fantastic club this is.

It’s safe to say that we now have a very good working relationship and plans will soon begin on sorting suitable dates for CSF24!!

Bosh!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just got back home: drive back was a breeze. Only took slightly longer than driving back from Blyton. The extra distance was well well worth it!!

We popped into see the circuit management before we left yesterday and the feedback we got was incredible! That’s as much down to you lot as it is us! What a fantastic club this is.

It’s safe to say that we now have a very good working relationship and plans will soon begin on sorting suitable dates for CSF24!!

Bosh!
Excellent news, I'm glad that it worked well for the club and the trac. The rain definitely reduced the usual Saturday night shenanigans though😂.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Bosh!
Ask them to leave the sun on when they pack up for the day next year. I think when they left for the evening they must have accidentally changed the weather dial from lovely to dogger🤣🤣

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Apologies to anyone of saturday night that may have been woken up by what sounding like a hammer on a wok, fuel pump decided to start packing in on the hearse :ROFLMAO: It made it within 30 feet of my front door before deciding to completely pack in

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cracking day, great to meet new faces. I've been on the forum 10+ years and it was my first CSF, I've normally been busy with something else when it's on so it was nice to be able to make it.

Echoing what's be said but what a club and amazing group of people. Never had such a smooth running day before, normally a few red flags and terrible driving but I think having a few less cars on and the mutual respect between everyone meant that you could go out there and enjoy the day.

Again like others have said, I left my stuff unattended, car open, phone on charge etc and never a fear anything would happen.

My eldest turned 14 in June so it was the first time he's been able to go out on track. Thanks to @MarkCup for his spin in the Cayman, he was well impressed with it. And @Filters he loved the ride in the race car, absolutely buzzing after his laps with James. He can't wait for next year.

I was struggling a bit with the M3. I'm used to doing Anglesey in much lighter, smaller cars with sticky tyres so the M3 was a stark contrast to that. 11 year old road tyres, a bit to narrow on the profile and a heavy car made for some interesting dynamics on the tight twisty bits.

Saw you in my mirror @Brigsy that van is something else mate! Was good chatting to you at brekky too 👍

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Another thing I’d like to point out, about the club…

@Touring_Rob wanted a towbar for his Range Rover. I had one in work. I could have sold it for £120/150 on eBay but I didn’t. I gave it to him and I delivered it to his sisters house on the other side of Bristol. It’s what we do, we help eachother.
Then today as CSF, he came over and we hugged and he thrust £50 upon me. I told him I didn’t want it and he insisted.
What a nice chap.

Fast forward 8 hours and my son asks me to get some raffle tickets. “No son, I’ve got no cash on me and it won’t look good if I win something… hang on! Rob gave me £50. Get £20’s worth of tickets”.

(Still with me??)

The raffle comes around and my son wins the Amazon Echo. Donated by cliosport: 🤦‍♂️
He looks so chuffed though so I let it slide. I wanted him to give it back #becausemod. But he was so excited i let it go.
Then the jammy little sod wins the carbon fibre helmet!! So I let him have that (he was the kid on the moped today) and I gave the Amazon Echo back to the raffle as it wasn’t fair.
They pulled the next number and who won the Amazon Eco?? None other than Our resident Tory Rob.

Good deeds breed good things. And we’ve got it with this club. How many people can let their 16 year old kid walk off and get in anyone’s car for a passenger ride?? (People I actually know, I’m not pimping him out to strangers) I left my Trook open all day, my keys in my track car, my tool box and big Snapon Gun all in the garage and not once did I think “better not leave that there, someone might pinch it”.

Amazing club. 👌🏽
FFS Dan, didn't know he wanted the Echo!! Thought he handed it back because he didn't want one 🤦‍♂️

Clio 172 Cup
Arrived like 9pm on Friday and put the tent up no problem, forgot to put the little on the top though so the first night of heavy rain was horrendous and I curled up on the passenger seat from 5am onwards haha,

But the sun that day was really great and this track is now the favourite of any I've done. Plus the whole event seemed so secure and chilled out, I was worried of leaving car parts about on a camp site but it was totally different to what I expected!

Didn't manage too many laps due to melting a front right tyre so I just did slow laps showing passengers around the track after a brief speed stint (knackered slick was better than my ps3s), car is on 170,000 and managed the 500+ mile round trip no issue at all.
Thank you for arranging this, it was a really chill weekend
20230826_181007.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Arrived like 9pm on Friday and put the tent up no problem, forgot to put the little on the top though so the first night of heavy rain was horrendous and I curled up on the passenger seat from 5am onwards haha,

But the sun that day was really great and this track is now the favourite of any I've done. Plus the whole event seemed so secure and chilled out, I was worried of leaving car parts about on a camp site but it was totally different to what I expected!

Didn't manage too many laps due to melting a front right tyre so I just did slow laps showing passengers around the track after a brief speed stint (knackered slick was better than my ps3s), car is on 170,000 and managed the 500+ mile round trip no issue at all.
View attachment 1658489
I don't post often and can't see the edit option,

Little cover on top of tent*

Also hope the person in garage 19 enjoyed the passenger laps

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1658489
Was this the car that was chucking out a load of smoke when driving in one direction?

We watched one at one point and it was billowing out smoke when going either left or right. It did clear up after a bit. Maybe it was the tyre

Clio 172 Cup
Was this the car that was chucking out a load of smoke when driving in one direction?

We watched one at one point and it was billowing out smoke when going either left or right. It did clear up after a bit. Maybe it was the tyre
If it had a big wing, yeah potentially the back right as that thing is scrubbing! I have big spacers for the daily wheels and forget the slicks are wider, no exhaust smoke though

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My apologies that I didn't take him out mate but James mentioned how chilled he was in comparison to some of the blokes 😂
Plans in motion to bring some, slightly more exotic machinery next year 👌
Don't worry about that mate, he was just happy to get out in it and he was amazed at how James was peddling it. Haha I can imagine, I'd be one of them 🤣

That's going to be absolutely epic! Fair play to you all, your Clio was out all day, lap after lap and all for a great cause so roll on next year 💪

Also many thanks to your mechanic, he sorted my mate out with all the bits he needed to get the car fixed.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
They've kinda always said that though haven't they?

Depends on the driver I think. They can be a jobsworth or not.

S24NRC

ClioSport Club Member
  RS197
Such a mint event, best track day I've ever done. Dead respectful driving and loads of fun battles. Gutted I only had an AM session but I'd pretty much finished off what was left of my tires and brakes after the ring.

Camping was mint, I slept right through, but I used to stay at a site about 5 minutes up the road as a kid so I'm used to wearing my tent in the night. Glad to see my dad (@Mushy_Mushy_Photo) will be getting hounded for the photo's too. Can't wait for next year, praying for Anglesey again!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Such a mint event, best track day I've ever done. Dead respectful driving and loads of fun battles. Gutted I only had an AM session but I'd pretty much finished off what was left of my tires and brakes after the ring.

Camping was mint, I slept right through, but I used to stay at a site about 5 minutes up the road as a kid so I'm used to wearing my tent in the night. Glad to see my dad (@Mushy_Mushy_Photo) will be getting hounded for the photo's too. Can't wait for next year, praying for Anglesey again!
Your dad came and spoke to me for a bit. What a sound guy!
(And that means I’m probably old enough to be your dad. Ffs.)

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member

Gee him up on the pics of the red Cayman please mate 😂 my wife is starting to think I wasn’t actually there 😂

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

Yeah I've been hounding him for snaps, ha. Are you from around there? Seen his flickr is a lot of stuff around N Wales/NW England