ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Festival 2016 - Book Tickets Now!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Apologise in advance if I held anyone up in my ' daisy duke ' blue cow of a car !!

Dreads is a good driver aswell! Even if his wheel kept trying to leave the fun ......

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
Jim IIRC. Pretty sure he was Irish too. @Knuckles can confirm as I believe he was part of his dastardly group of bandits.

Well there you go. Shows how much i understood.

@HMS Derv Destroyer that thing goes well for a 1.4.
Did somebody call you guy martin at one point? Haha.
Yeah was jimmy he was with me so apologies
Have to say everyone that was there made it the weekend it was on track and then the drunken antics that followed was spot on minus the snoring

Yeah I now remember laughing for too long when he was explaining his username situation!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Did you know one of the wheel bolts snapped? Most of the thread is still in there.
Must of happened the second time it came loose as it didn't feel like it snapped when I re torqued them. Still get the snapped bit out tho, caliper Gubins and disc off , stud extractor on the snapped bit

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My first CSF and I have to say it was a great day out. Was good to meet all the Yorkshire lads on the way and thanks to @Steve_RS2250 for showing us the way and keeping us in order! Didn't brave the track, we were enjoying spectating and time passed super fast.
@-D4N- your Civic looked great on track, the handling is superb. I had a good chat with you about it before your last outing on track, maybe next time I can persuade you to ditch your lass and take me for a spin.
@andybond that C63 sounds fookin amazing, and 7.1mpg! Good effort mate.
Star of the track for me though has to be @RMDavis Trophy. Damn that thing is fast ans sounds mental, not to mention the flames! It was nice to chat with you and do a little swap too!
Little pic of the Yorkshire line up for the lads, minus @dann2707 who was squealing round the track:
20160702_154517.jpg
And quote of the day from the Pentagon sales man regarding the red megane they had on show, "If you scratch it, you can't match it!"
60fd05a7-2b8f-4682-9caf-a8a67f7d078c.jpg
And finally, leaving with a raffle prize is always a bonus. I'll definately be there next year and will schedule in the evening session too!
20160702_201533.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
My first CSF and I have to say it was a great day out. Was good to meet all the Yorkshire lads on the way and thanks to @Steve_RS2250 for showing us the way and keeping us in order! Didn't brave the track, we were enjoying spectating and time passed super fast.
@-D4N- your Civic looked great on track, the handling is superb. I had a good chat with you about it before your last outing on track, maybe next time I can persuade you to ditch your lass and take me for a spin.
@andybond that C63 sounds fookin amazing, and 7.1mpg! Good effort mate.
Star of the track for me though has to be @RMDavis Trophy. Damn that thing is fast ans sounds mental, not to mention the flames! It was nice to chat with you and do a little swap too!
Little pic of the Yorkshire line up for the lads, minus @dann2707 who was squealing round the track:
20160702_154517.jpg
And quote of the day from the Pentagon sales man regarding the red megane they had on show, "If you scratch it, you can't match it!"
60fd05a7-2b8f-4682-9caf-a8a67f7d078c.jpg
And finally, leaving with a raffle prize is always a bonus. I'll definately be there next year and will schedule in the evening session too!
20160702_201533.jpg
Was great to meet you Paul, and go down our previous owned car's memory lane lol!

This weekend has been awesome, I'm still buzzing! And annoying my wife greatly!

Looking forward to next year, and I hope it's scheduled for a date that I can attend.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Clio 197
A quick one, Please make sure you back off / let others past on track .. I was behind you for a long time with several times i could have passed you but with you hoofing it it made it almost impossible!
Apart from that, good driving!
Hi bud , trust me it wasn't intentional , if you were behind me in an already committed corner I wouldn't be worrying about moving over (as per briefing).

If you were behind me on the straights and stuck behind me , giving me no indication you wanted to go past (moving to the right) then I wouldn't move over (however there were times I did, indicated and moved to the left and the car behind then made no attempt to go past - not you just in general). The exception to the above is if the car behind is clearly faster than me and approached at speed , then I would know to move over.

At times I felt like all I did was indicate left . A tough and subjective one , I can't remember your Clio in particular however the times you were behind me but hopefully I stuck to the above pretty well.

I
Hi bud , trust me it wasn't intentional , if you were behind me in an already committed corner I wouldn't be worrying about moving over (as per briefing).

If you were behind me on the straights and stuck behind me , giving me no indication you wanted to go past (moving to the right) then I wouldn't move over (however there were times I did, indicated and moved to the left and the car behind then made no attempt to go past - not you just in general). The exception to the above is if the car behind is clearly faster than me and approached at speed , then I would know to move over.

At times I felt like all I did was indicate left . A tough and subjective one , I can't remember your Clio in particular however the times you were behind me but hopefully I stuck to the above pretty well.
I didn't have any problems with you.

Did you back off when you indicated left?
I have found on many trackdays people do not do this and when your in a less powerful car it is very annoying.

Also if you caught, regardless if it was slowly or quickly, you are slower and should move over when you can so you don't need to worry about someone up your arse.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
@RMDavis Was it your group parked up on the roundabout near to the A1 junction??

Nothing serious I hope.
Yes bud that's us lol @loggyboy blue 182 as mentioned lost all drive! [emoji30]
Blue / white / red clios then I think yes. I pulled up to check the lads were alright. Blue Clio lost drive.
Cheers for stopping mate. A few others that were at CSF all asked if we were okay. Fantastic bunch of lads!

Even a random bloke in a blue Megane 225 pulled over just to have a chat because he saw three Clio's parked up! [emoji23]

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yes bud that's us lol @loggyboy blue 182 as mentioned lost all drive! [emoji30]

Cheers for stopping mate. A few others that were at CSF all asked if we were okay. Fantastic bunch of lads!

Even a random bloke in a blue Megane 225 pulled over just to have a chat because he saw three Clio's parked up! [emoji23]

No Probs bud! Would of stopped and helped if it was something simple to fix road side. Had plent of tools on me. Hope your mate doesn't have an expensive repair bill!! Did he get recovery in the end ?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
No Probs bud! Would of stopped and helped if it was something simple to fix road side. Had plent of tools on me. Hope your mate doesn't have an expensive repair bill!! Did he get recovery in the end ?
Yeah he's back Home now. This was sent to me at 8pm!
ec3c87c777795a226cdae9b112731a2a.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get added on to wifes policy for £25, but didnt get picked up till 230, had to swap trucks at Peteboghorror, didnt get in till just gone 8pm. I sat watching F1 phone for an hour till my data ran out!
as above, I have 182 box waiting as new circlip would go again (it went 2-3 months back).

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep

The fact i came speeding up behind you and was behind you solid for a good few laps should have said :p .. every time you indicated you kept your foot flat the the floor not allowing any one to pass, hence why i was never able to get past you when you indicated

i moved right a lot, but obviously it wasnt clear!

Im not saying anything bad its just some words thats all, was in a blue 182 with silver wheels

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
A montage of 360 stills I took on Fri eve.
Might need to view on youtube directly to experience the 360.

Track videos are still processing.
I did plan on taking some during sat but my lunch was spent rushing to Euro car parts to get a new injector or 2 for my limping car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The fact i came speeding up behind you and was behind you solid for a good few laps should have said :tongueout: .. every time you indicated you kept your foot flat the the floor not allowing any one to pass, hence why i was never able to get past you when you indicated

i moved right a lot, but obviously it wasnt clear!

Im not saying anything bad its just some words thats all, was in a blue 182 with silver wheels

Should have slip streamed him. That's what I do.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
A montage of 360 stills I took on Fri eve.
Might need to view on youtube directly to experience the 360.

Track videos are still processing.
I did plan on taking some during sat but my lunch was spent rushing to Euro car parts to get a new injector or 2 for my limping car.

Set them to public mate.

I messed up the upload so deleted the link - now uploaded here

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just managed to find a short video of @DaveDreads dancing on Saturday night.

I'm glad to read that you all enjoyed the weekend.

I drank waaaaaay to much rum on Saturday night and consequently was pretty much good for nothing yesterday morning. Massive thanks to @Brian and @JoeyB for doing pretty much all the packing away! I promise I won't get quite so drunk next year.

@Dan played an absolute blinder getting PP Motorsport and Pentagon Renault to attend. Top work Dan.

Also credit to Kirsty for all her hard work but especially to @Nik . The amount of work this bloke puts into this show every year is absolutely incredible. Thanks mate :up:

And my last thank you is to you the members. I said it on Saturday before I gave out the trophies, the show wouldn't happen without you. A massive thank you to everyone that attended :up:

I'm already looking forward to next year (with a little less rum me thinks).

Ron