ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jekyll's RB182 Progress Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
After having a Volvo for a while, i missed the little clio. I decided to do an advert for it which i posted on here. The volvo sale was going to fund another clio, so i put on the advert that i would P/X for a mondial 172 cup or a 182 with no real colour preference. (I thought i'd get a titanium or BG as the others seem to hold bit more premium.) One day i had a PM from @Sesqui89 asking if i'd be interested in a P/X with he's RB182. A lot of PM's went back and forth, both being very informative on each others cars. Cue a few calls and we settled on a deal of he's RB182, all the modified parts to be kept on the car, all the original/spares, plus cash my way for the Volvo. We organised to meet halfway on Friday and i met up with Jamie and the deal was done. I couldn't of asked for a more smoother sale and a nicer seller. Jamie was a very nice man and the deal worked well for each of us as our situations were the same, but reversed. Was really nice to meet you Jamie and was a pleasure dealing with you :smile:

The day was raining all day! Typical! I did manage this on the way down:

26383694471_f1da91f25a_z.jpg

26177039570_8d13c8e1b8_z.jpg

26383723961_8cf1fa943c_z.jpg

The car has FSH, clean MOT and is on 106k. I've never bought or owned a car over 100k but this one shows its been well looked after and is in such good condition you would think its done a hell of a lot less than that!

* 14/11/06 – 18,088
* 12/11/07 – 33,017
* 01/11/08 – 47,965
* 3/11/09 – 62,160 (Cambelt kit fitted)
* 23/07/10 – 68,241
* 05/05/11 – 74,123
* 03/02/12 – 78,366
* 20/12/12 – 85,002
* 03/06/13 – 88,112
* 18/12/13 – 90,988
* 30/08/14 – 94,866
* 18/02/15 – 96,802 (Cambelt, Dephaser, Water pump, Auxillary belt, cam seals)
* 23/09/15 - ~101,000

The Clio has a few modifications on it. These are:

* Powerflow stainless steel exhaust - cat back (I do have the decat also)
* Skoda Fabia front splitter
* Tweaked RSTuner map
* Cup turini alloy wheels in anthracite (Refurbed october last year)
* V6/Trophy rep rear spoiler
* RS 197 rear badge
* Cup shocks all round
* Cooksport lowering springs
* Braided brake hoses
* DS2500 front pads
* Vibra-Tecnics solid engine & gearbox mounts
* Powerflex solid lower gearbox/dogbone mount
* Ash-B modified gear shifter
* Renault Sport Sabelt steering wheel
* Oreca steering wheel boss
* White line rear anti-roll bar
* K-tec Racing solid top mounts
* DIY induction kit

The folder of receipts is massive and Jamie was very thorough with all the details in person as well as on PM/phone. Every part that has needed changing, has been done. the receipts back this up. The spares and extras was also massive. Anyway we made the deal and we drove home. Didn't do much apart from unload the car as we got back quite late and i was knackered, plus it was still raining.

Cue the next day and i'd decided i wanted to remove the ARB and sell it on as well as the spare track wheels which we knackered and came with R888's which wasn't road legal but would do a track day or 2.

26397080231_83f6d5b189_z.jpg

Whiteline fitted

26464355826_6374eccb74_z.jpg

Whiteline removed

26397981872_31948262f5_z.jpg

Gave the exhaust a clean up. Only with some Autosol but its much better. This is the quietest S/S exhaust i've ever had.

25887472033_8881d0241c_z.jpg

26424176541_af5475a84b_z.jpg

26217456390_4bddbdf6e5_z.jpg

25887471273_983c60b9ba_z.jpg

25885413134_e5477119fe_z.jpg

26424175531_3c26481ddd_z.jpg

Sunday i decided to clean it.

26424224411_5b35eae0eb_z.jpg

25887522603_90fc8fbc7b_z.jpg

25887526833_4d164bcbe7_z.jpg

25885461834_198078ebea_z.jpg

The car came with a nice heel & toe pedal. I found a spare ally footrest i had from my old ph1.

25887542593_ab9d097a1e_z.jpg

Interior shot.

26490370175_8b729e0939_z.jpg

Sticker that i want to remove.

25885492924_76631a30de_z.jpg

Then i polished it and took some pics.

26424288981_4623a51159_z.jpg

25885518084_d64e06eea0_z.jpg

A few more can be seen here.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/cleaned-rb182.792890/

Went to my new workplace today and where i parked look a good place to take a pic.

26418582942_2659dfaaa6_z.jpg

In the big box of spare Jamie had put in some powerflex exhaust mounts. The ones on the car were shagged so day i fitted these.

26418584512_084c4c45b6_z.jpg

26510903345_a7ff803535_z.jpg

Tonight i removed the stickers on the rear screen and the security stickers on the doors. I also removed the number plate sticky tabs and kept the velcro and changed the front 3/4 front plate for the standard one which came with the car. I know they look better with a 3/4 plate on the ph2's but for me its not worth the risk. I also gave the insides of the tailpipes a final clean.

26418582072_2782d5de03_z.jpg

26510905985_effc694307_z.jpg

25906001574_edbe3ae9ca_z.jpg

25908062503_65f68173a5_z.jpg

Plans? I don't really know. Just keep it clean and maintained. I will change parts over the way i'm sure. I don't really like the ride on the cooksports, but it looks good. Maybe at a later date i'll change to coilovers but not yet. I loved the BC's on my ph1 so maybe them again as they now come in 60mm spacing but who knows. Would like 20mm H&R front hubcentric spacers and 10mm rear hub spacers, wheel retrim, etc, etc, but we shall see.

I've already bought all the ingredients to do a better DIY induction. in fact it'll be the same as my old ph1 setup but with a pipercross filter. New mats have been ordered and i've also bough washer blanks that have been painted in RB. Will fit the decat soon too.

So yeah..... they always come back! :smile:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to add @LeeRS has done me a few stickers. I toyed with idea of getting these for the ph1 but it never happened so im doing it on this.

As for the ARB, i don't drive it hard enough to warrant it. For me, its good money that i can get (and did) quickly as they sell well and can be put towards other things or put away into a savings account, which i did the latter. Same with the OZ F1 track wheels that came with it.

Looks good mate, I was silently counting my pennies for your volvo, but glad in the end got another bmw coupe, wasn't ready to go full retired! ;)

RB looks very nice, I want another clio with a full interior again at some point, as well as the racecar.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Looks good that, do love RB. Set of spacers will finish it off nicely.

Would ditch the wind deflectors though, really don't like them.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you for the kind comments guys :smile:

Spacer are planned but not yet. I'm still unsure on whether to keep the trophy spoiler or swap for a cup one and whether to keep the wind deflectors or remove them. It will stay as it is for now.

Car also has mist washer jets and new aero blades.

These are the stickers that have been ordered:

downloadfile-1.jpg

Going to put the Renault Sport in the rev counter and the poppy and elf stickers on the rear screen on either corner, but unsure which elf one yet.

At a later date I'll get new grab handles, dash top, hazard panel and CD player as they've gone tacky as they all do.

Loving the Ash-B shifter though! Feels really good when changing gear and is a great mod :)

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I vote keep the spoiler and bin the deflectors.

I would say that though, because I think wind deflectors are probably the most hateful modification you can make to a car lol.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
looks great and great spec too. these little cars get right under your skin.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
For the record, if you do decide to switch to a Cup spoiler, I'll take the Trophy one off your hands. In fact, my Cup is currently SORN'd so would be happy to take the spoiler off for you and we you could send me the Trophy one when you've had a chance to swap them :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looking great Mark. I spotted the pms shifter, its on my to do list :smile:

Not PMS dude, it's a Ash-B shifter which is a bit more refined. I believe the throw is shorter too.

I vote keep the spoiler and bin the deflectors.

I would say that though, because I think wind deflectors are probably the most hateful modification you can make to a car lol.

I think I'm more against the wind deflectors but my GF likes them. She'll be driving it a lot too. She's only used to a 1.2 so it'll be a good car to have fun in, which was one of the reasons we decided to sell the Volvo and get another Clio.

I think mine really suit the car
Yeah I'm on the fence with them.

Lovely! My 2nd favourite colour [emoji41]
Looks a good purchase and the shifter is a great mod! I loved mine. Essential purchase imo. [emoji106]
I may get another one day...

You WILL get another one. They always come back! This is my 4th!

That's proper nice. Lots of ideas for me to pinch too!

Haha, steal away buddy. Not literally though :wink:

For the record, if you do decide to switch to a Cup spoiler, I'll take the Trophy one off your hands. In fact, my Cup is currently SORN'd so would be happy to take the spoiler off for you and we you could send me the Trophy one when you've had a chance to swap them :smile:

The problem is I'd want it RB and don't want to pay to have it sprayed. I know these fetch for more money than the cup spoiler so that's a plus, but then the cup spoiler is on every other Clio! Oh the decisions!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
NThe problem is I'd want it RB and don't want to pay to have it sprayed. I know these fetch for more money than the cup spoiler so that's a plus, but then the cup spoiler is on every other Clio! Oh the decisions!

Fair enough but, if you decide to sell it, let me know, I'd take it off your hands :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Need to fit this at some point:

25924538204_cd88cc6018_z.jpg

Might have a go at it tomorrow as i may have some free time. My stickers came today from @LeeRS Top service there considering i only ordered them yesterday. The quality is great too :smile: I planned on fitting the poppy on one side and the elf on the opposite side, but after fitting the poppy, i've decided to leave it at that.

26437162742_78c8fa17f7_z.jpg

Im totally loving the car though. It feels a quick one too. Because its been mapped by Dan @ SJM, the rev is nice smooth. Not liking the induction kit though. Its a fatty kit which is the ally pipe and Ramair filter. Hopefully the other bits can arrive soon so i can fit a better looking and sounding one.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Beautiful mate, bet it's nice to be back in a Renaultsport Clio. Wish I could have another!! :(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking at changing from the fatty setup too. Going to try a phase 1 Airbox

Ph1 airbox is a pain to remove without scratching it all. It's OK, but this style of setup is better imo.

Beautiful mate, bet it's nice to be back in a Renaultsport Clio. Wish I could have another!! 😧

It really is mate. I miss the creaks and rattles! But there's a lot of smiles per miles :)

Keep the trophy spoiler

Makes it look alot better at the back

Looked at it today when I got home and I think your right.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've had the larger filter on the fatty, sounded the same tbh. Had a phase 1 Airbox on another Clio and was happy enoygh

772c0834ec2f0029708ffa4676686cde.jpg

Looks much better with pipercross. Also key the alloy pipe lightly and use an etch primer and satin black it.
I used crackle paint on mine and it looked s**t but I couldn't be arsed to change it! Smarten it right up all in black.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I really like my Fatty induction kit. I think the alloy bend looks better than silicone myself, more "proper". Probably louder too.

Saying that, I should paint the pipe black as that looks good! Doesn't matter now anyway, SM inlet here I come lol.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I like both to be honest,i might either paint my alloy bend then get the silicone bend for the top.

@Dr Jekyll what size silicone hose do i need for the top part mate?.also need the breather filter to.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Looks lovely Mark very nice.
I miss my Cup a lot think i'll be coming back within the next few weeks for another.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. That looks spot on!
I was going to do the same but wanted to retain the breather (without spending 70 on a silicone forge one with breather take off)

You have can have the setup I pictured, but put a breather filter in the back of the inlet. That's what I'll be doing as I did that on my old BG.

This is absolutely unreal!

I really want one 😧

It's not bad for a 12 year old car. Few small bodywork bits but it really is minimal. This car looks like its on half the mileage tbh.

I really like my Fatty induction kit. I think the alloy bend looks better than silicone myself, more "proper". Probably louder too.

Saying that, I should paint the pipe black as that looks good! Doesn't matter now anyway, SM inlet here I come lol.

There's a bury st edmonds meet this Sunday, are you going?
Looks lovely!

Thanks Alastair :)

I like both to be honest,i might either paint my alloy bend then get the silicone bend for the top.

@Dr Jekyll what size silicone hose do i need for the top part mate?.also need the breather filter to.

Yeah the above picture on the LY looks better in black than alloy. You need a 90° degree silicone bend with a 70mm ID. I'll drop some links later on bud.

Looks lovely Mark very nice.
I miss my Cup a lot think i'll be coming back within the next few weeks for another.

Cheers Steve! Looking forward to seeing you again. Bloody clios and there hold eh?!

Last edited: