ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio TT 425 + bhp upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted its a great bit of work, but i just wouldnt feel safe at all with that sort of power in a clio, especially with those tiny little steel wheels on it.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
lol - the car handles rubbish.......just on a wind up mission - you lot know me by now. It oversteers like mad and the steering is very heavy - not as manouverable as a 172 on the twisties

And Yoz2a.........i was whoopin your ass at the FCS you big hairy Rugby playing b**ch ;)

j3ned said:
lol - the car handles rubbish.......just on a wind up mission - you lot know me by now. It oversteers like mad and the steering is very heavy - not as manouverable as a 172 on the twisties

And Yoz2a.........i was whoopin your ass at the FCS you big hairy Rugby playing b*tch ;)

from your description it sounds like a std 172 (regarding handling anyway) ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
172's are understeary if anything...mid corner overstear is mainly down to the driver...from my experience.

Nippy white cup
I think he meant understeers m8....And I wouldn`t worry about the `little` steelies...iirc they are 205`s or 215`s and 15/16" wheels!

Chris

Lionel Richie
TheJesus said:
so what your saying Yoz, is that the best way to beat it is when it's on the recovery truck not moving? (Williams style lol)
think Matt was having probs at Brunty too, Yoz you were going pretty well to... until you blew your bloody car up, but f**k it, that's what they are for and what a fun way to do it :D

well said that man

too many c***s on here worrying about life and their bank balance

f**k it, have some fun before you die!!!

MKIII 138
Fred2001Dynamic said:
well said that man

too many c**ks on here worrying about life and their bank balance

NOW GO FORTH AND BUY ALL MY PRODUCTS !!!! MUAHAH

Fred2001Dynamic said:
well said that man

too many c**ks on here worrying about life and their bank balance

exactly, we get our cars tuned because it's fun. i'd rather have a comparison (to legal speeds of course... ahem) against something like an Evo in my car instead of another Evo or a Scooby... understated fast cars are hilarious, sleepers, well they are just insane good fun, worth it for the gob smacked reaction let alone the speed in general.

MKIII 138
TheJesus said:
exactly, we get our cars tuned because it's fun. i'd rather have a comparison (to legal speeds of course... ahem) against something like an Evo in my car instead of another Evo or a Scooby... understated fast cars are hilarious, sleepers, well they are just insane good fun, worth it for the gob smacked reaction let alone the speed in general.

agree ^^ love passing saloon`s in the cup but the days of small clio like cars not being really fast has past, surley 90% of the people you meet are aware of tuned or sleeper style cars and as for the legal speeds comment and scoob/evo comparison there the only cars that can make staying legal fun 0-60/70 in 4/5 seconds after that your breaking the law and on a track everyone knows cars are tuned up small or not. is anyone really bothered about sleepers anymore.
most people crave image or luxury, so what if a slow looking car is actually fast ? big deal.

in jned case though i have to make the exception i bet thats just insane and isnt just a case of "ohh thats quite fast for a small car" its more like "fook me its ripping the tarmac up dear !"

sounds like fun... but seems like a waste having 1 of the best handling cars around being used for 1/4 mile.

hows the drive train going to cope with all that horse power over the front wheels ???

MERCEDES CLS AMG
it copes beautifully - can destroy most 4WD cars off the line ( 0 - 60 foot time of 1.9 seconds ) the box is uprated and fitted with an LSD.

i always thought the clio sport standard comes with lsd(im assuming lsd is short for limited slip diff right ).

im pretty sure they do !

4wd would do wonders for that car.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
puncher said:
i always thought the clio sport standard comes with lsd(im assuming lsd is short for limited slip diff right ).

im pretty sure they do !

4wd would do wonders for that car.

4WD will slow the car down on terminal - thats a definate no no

4wd is better for all round performance.

thats what makes the evo8's and sti;s so quick

if my car hasnt got lsd why does it spin both wheels when i give heaps in first gear ?

isnt that what lsd is about ?

edit, just seen the pictures...

Saw you at the pod about 3 weeks ago!

the car is amazing, was so quick. i could only run 18's lol, best was 18.054 @ 73mph which aint to bad for a 72bhp nova

Lionel Richie
puncher said:

if my car hasnt got lsd why does it spin both wheels when i give heaps in first gear ?

j3neds car murders sti's and evo's

170bhp FWD is your answer

as i said an LSD is about £3k for a 172

bro. j3neds car is a 425 hp modified beast in a car that probably 500 pnds lighter than an sti or evo. of course it will beat an sti or evo in 1/4 mile.
you are talking about 1/4 mile.in regards to j3neds car blowing away sti's n evo's. i was refering to track perfrmance. the clio would struggle to get 425 horsepower to the gound around corners. and i would imagine the evo's n sti's would beat it on a track.

dont get me wrong. i love clio's and i sure as hell aint gonna put my car down. or anybody elses clio.

personally tho. if i could change anything about my car. it would be to have rwd instead of fwd. or even better 4wd. if i had alot more horsepower. after all. isnt the quickest or most powerful factory made clio a rwd ???

arent all super cars rwd ? if not 4wd. fwd has its limits.

Fred2001Dynamic said:
j3neds car murders sti's and evo's

170bhp FWD is your answer

as i said an LSD is about £3k for a 172

granted but not all sti's and not all evos lol ithink andy F might have something to say about 4wd not having a good terminal

i'd say this was the upper extremitys of front wheel drive powered cars in the uk, that said there are lowly 1.4 r5s now running 11s, 11.4 @121 was set a few weeks back

MKIII 138
puncher said:
bro. j3neds car is a 425 hp modified beast in a car that probably 500 pnds lighter than an sti or evo. of course it will beat an sti or evo in 1/4 mile.

more than 500 pounds, its over 500kilo` lighter, in fact prolly around 550kg`s lighter and soon to have ovre 140bhp over the powerfullest factory STI`s and 45hp over the MR-FQ400 evo but soo much ligher than that even.
the evo does 0-60 in 3.5/3.6 secs (aparently but i doubt it) so if jneds had awd and cleaver diffs it would be faster than that if the power to weight was still competetive.

btw jned whats you expected 0-60 in this roughly below 5 ? i would imagine it is with slicks and LSD

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
evo might win to 60, then it would get mullered!

i had a 280bhp scooby and it shifted like fuk off the line, but my current clio would spank its ass after 60 purely as it was loosing almost 80bhp through transmission, and weighed in at around 1300kg!!!

its all about power AT THE WHEELS per ton if your comparing FWD and 4x4, altho granded they will have the advantage coming out of corners

fair replies fellas. all i can say is i wish my car was rwd. i remember my first car being a ford v8. and i loved it. i said to myself i would never buy a fwd.

how times change. and then i discovered handling lol ! together with technology fwd's have come a long way. but after all thats said and done the marvel which is a clio sport at the price it is and the performance, economy and cheap running costs for a brand new car persuaded me to buying 1.

still. my only wish is it was a rwd....i wish it had a s**t load more power too ! but thats anotha story..lets keep it simple lol. i obviousy dont have j3neds cash flow hmmm.

now his got 1 ballsy clio !

Lionel Richie
its built purley for 1/4 miles, not track

AndyF has a 200mph scooby, fair doos

j3ned has a 170mph clio, but the thing would fall apart above 130mph!!! LOL

r5 gtt with 172 turbo eng
MATT BLACK said:
running cup 172 front brakes and calipers + Koni adjustable FK coilovers front and rear - strut braces all round........the car will outrun everything on this site on the twisties - on the straights it will humiliate them

i would like to test this theory :D

TheJesus said:
tbh nothing in this club would be able to even hope to fend it off on the straights, so corners dont really matter as it would get past you and catching something that fast would prove almost impossible... maybe Mike T's car might have a chance?

wouldnt be so sure on that anymore tbh ;)

Remapped derv Golf
Once above 120mph aerodynamics come into play surely. That must be some engine to get a box of a Clio that fast. Burtal!

Mondial172 said:
Once above 120mph aerodynamics come into play surely. That must be some engine to get a box of a Clio that fast. Burtal!
well mines in a 172 turbo engine in a r5 gtt and it ripps past 120mph, it goes off the clock at 140 mph and its seen 151mph and didnt take long gettin there either, so i dont imagine he has that much trouble as the clio's aerodynamics are alot better than mine lol

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
steve r5 gtt said:
well mines in a 172 turbo engine in a r5 gtt and it ripps past 120mph, it goes off the clock at 140 mph and its seen 151mph and didnt take long gettin there either, so i dont imagine he has that much trouble as the clio's aerodynamics are alot better than mine lol

my mate ian off the rtoc seen you run at pod on the 22nd pretty impressive times wasnt it?i think you had a bargain there

matty w said:
my mate ian off the rtoc seen you run at pod on the 22nd pretty impressive times wasnt it?i think you had a bargain there
yes mate very impressed with it so far, defo better times to come tho.

and a bargin is abit of a understatement lol, 12.90 1/4 mile car for 2.5k id say so :D

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
puncher said:

LSD basically gives the drive to one wheel over another, so it wouldn't spin both of your wheels only 1 i think. when you go round a corner in a rally car it allows the wheel that is furthest away from the corner to rotate more than the one to the inside, thus getting you round quicker.

i think thats it but clios definately don't have LSD's

Status
Not open for further replies.