ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio TT 425 + bhp upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
  r5 gtt with 172 turbo eng
MATT BLACK said:
Ive rebuilt the car and im aiming for 11.5 at over 125 this year - then when i fit my Nitrous kit im hoping to make it the 1st 10 sec front wheel drive car in the UK

I will chew that R5 up and spit it out - the JC5 129 box will implode at anything above 250 bhp - mine went twice at 250 bhp running an F4R 736 ( 2.0 16v 172 ) with 75 shot of NOS

And i will stick a £200 cash bet on that as well :D

( these R5 lads.......i dont know :( !! )
well considering that the quickest r5 in the country is already faster that 11.5 you dont know that much do you.

the quickest r5 is 11.4 @ 122mph still using 1.4 with carb still being used, no nitrous and the car could be lightened alot more than it already is.

MATT BLACK said:
Just out of interest what you spending the £7 - 10k on ?? personally i would invest some of it in an uprated gearbox and uprated pistons, crank and get the bottom end braced - as for your head ?? they chuck lifters through the side of the head at 250 bhp + did it to mine twice. I would also consider a custom manifold that would host a VF34 are a VF35 IHI turbo - set up correctly with a 3inch exhaust system and a some green 440 injectors you should see 300 bhp +

im keepin the spec to myself at the mo, but your not far off what youve suggested, custom gearbox with lsd and ratios to help out for alot better on the strip and a tasty top end is rite at the top of the list tho ;)

MATT BLACK said:
Ive rebuilt the car and im aiming for 11.5 at over 125 this year - then when i fit my Nitrous kit im hoping to make it the 1st 10 sec front wheel drive car in the UK

as for the 1st 10 sec fwd car, id hurry up and get urs on the strip mate as sum1 mite be beatin you to it very soon, not me as i havent started my build as of yet as im still sortin out my final spec but i wouldnt wait around if you seriously do wanna be the 1st :butt:

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The quickest R5 has done 11.4 your right - but i think and many others do hes maxed out at that.......and thats were i come in.

Steve - i am going to race you at the pod and beat you - lick my balls

MATT BLACK said:
The quickest R5 has done 11.4 your right - but i think and many others do hes maxed out at that.......and thats were i come in.

Steve - i am going to race you at the pod and beat you - lick my balls
maxed out at that lol, you need to take a trip to a company called ms motorsport, now they are buildin a proper beast that will show you what a r5 gtt can really do as thats still on the 1.4 lump.

i have no objections or racing you at the pod mate what so ever, as for you beatin me.............................keep dreamin bud.

as for lickin your balls, ill pass but if you enjoy blokes suckin ur ball then thats up to you, each to there own is what i say.

im goin for a 100% drag car and spendin sum serious cash to get it there aswell, if you beat me then fair enough as by the sounds of it youre spendin out aswell, just dont expect a walk in the park when you roll up beside me mate :rasp:

an autobahn style head to head would be more interesting and show how limited the 1.4 engine is above certain speeds... 1/4 mile is too short for cars like these

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I dont know boys and their toys!!!!;)
Sounds like a good old fashioned drag race is needed! As i've never been to the strip do you guys place side wagers at all or is it purely just fun? If your gonna spend so much $$$ i reckon it would be nice to get some side action...
John

TheJesus said:
an autobahn style head to head would be more interesting and show how limited the 1.4 engine is above certain speeds... 1/4 mile is too short for cars like these
whos running the 1.4 ?????

Dubai182 said:
I dont know boys and their toys!!!!;)
Sounds like a good old fashioned drag race is needed! As i've never been to the strip do you guys place side wagers at all or is it purely just fun? If your gonna spend so much $$$ i reckon it would be nice to get some side action...
John
i do drag racing purly for fun tbh, it gives me a rush drivin a fast car but if there was sum money on the side line then so be it, not to bothered but if its there ill take ya money from ya lol

RB 200 Cup!
Matt ive only just read this thread but i think your car sounds insane and absolutely brilliant - are you taking it to FCS 2006?

Plus i reckon you'll beat the R5 but it might be close - very serious race this could be...

MERCEDES CLS AMG
meggerman said:
modest as usual !

whats the power to weight on your sh*t box now then ??

As always minkyman - 375bhp // 810kg.......whats the power to weight ratio of your mother these days .... ?????? // 17 stone

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
15211191.jpg

+

blackrenaultclio_02.jpg

=

_39279917_jonson300x200.jpg

??

MATT BLACK said:
i will obliterate it - no competition.

I like Renault 5's - there very special
mate not being funny but your very big headed for sum1 who hasnt proved his car in the 11's yet, youve upped the power by 100bhp and think automaticlly that your goin to take a sec off at the pod.

only time will tell i suppose :race:

16vturbolee

steve r5 gtt said:
mate not being funny but your very big headed for sum1 who hasnt proved his car in the 11's yet, youve upped the power by 100bhp and think automaticlly that your goin to take a sec off at the pod.

only time will tell i suppose :race:

agree not bein funny or nothin matt but i keep hearin about this car one of the reason's i went to the pod is to see this bad boy go yet got let down:dapprove: top respect if you hit the 11 mk mate:evil:
Prove em wrong:rasp:

Golf GTI 1.8T
Do you think he would have actually got any traction lee...........:S

the strip was s**t that day!

couldnt agree more tbh, im not doubtin the car, engine or driver in anyway as i dont no matt in anyway, just seems as if he's hypin up his car and could be settin himself up for a fall.

if it does hit the 11's (which i hope he does) then fair play and id shake ur hand and say well done mate but until its proved its a 10 or 11 sec car , its fastest time still sits in the 12's at the mo tho lol

MERCEDES CLS AMG
These newbies eh ?? .......still fancy the £250 bet ?? put your money were your mouth is ?? ;)

good lad !!

MATT BLACK said:
As always minkyman - 375bhp // 810kg.......whats the power to weight ratio of your mother these days .... ?????? // 17 stone

Fatt Spack - How's your sister after last night? I had to break her in because she said the power to weight ratio of your díck was too small to measure (literally).

Do you think your car is a penis enlargement?

Save some money, get some friends and stop trying to loose 1 second on a 1/4 mile strip, jesus christ your sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.