ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio TT 425 + bhp upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW 330d :)
MATT BLACK said:
it copes beautifully - can destroy most 4WD cars off the line ( 0 - 60 foot time of 1.9 seconds ) the box is uprated and fitted with an LSD.

Yeah but thats with race slicks ;)

Put the race slicks on a 4wd car and you would be in trouble ;)

Clio 172 mk2
Sounds good Matt

VF34 IIRC is used ain a lot of Subarus....quite a good unit.

Did you look at the VF22....that will give even more power.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
12.5 was in the old car wasn't it....He didn't get a run this time coz something broke iirc.

Im just waiting for someone in this thread to say

"It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings, winning!"

Its all relative at the end of the day, yes Matt's clio is one fast car, and very impressive. Yet if you spent the same sort of money on the cars you are showing up on the 1/4 mile would they not then just make your car look like a normal clio? I dont know what you've spent on the car, so this is just an assumption.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
it weighs 810kg and im only taking it to 370 bhp but it will have a potential of 425bhp at max power - i need to fit strengthened valves and gas flow the head before i can up it that much.

1996 Renault Clio Hybrid
Cars are big toys, simple as... if i have a car, its for driving fast and stupid when im in it on my own, thats the way i enjoy myself.

Cars are like lions in captivity, they want to be driven hard and fast, not just poodled, lions want to chase and kill, not be fed, its boring... get crazy its the best way!

Fred2001Dynamic said:
tar!

compare that to some of the supercars........................

In that case i was wrong, lol.

Just went on letstorquebhp.com

and used the 2005 model scooby STi which weighs 1480kgs.

For the same bhp/ton it would need 570bhp. So i'd imagine that would be silly money to get that bhp from the STI.

But as i said, i dont know how much Matt has spent on the clio, and i dont know how much it would actually cost to get an STI to those BHP levels.

As i said though, what ever the case, its still an impressive car, but i could think of other things i'd rather spend the money on, but each to their own.

seanofnp said:
Cars are big toys, simple as... if i have a car, its for driving fast and stupid when im in it on my own, thats the way i enjoy myself.

Cars are like lions in captivity, they want to be driven hard and fast, not just poodled, lions want to chase and kill, not be fed, its boring... get crazy its the best way!

Hmmmm interesting analogy.....:S

182 + Cup
seanofnp said:

Get some mates, t0sser. :dapprove:

Elise/VX220/R26
cant wait to see this car on the strip. This year I'm actually gonna get off my arse and get to york a couple of times as I didnt go once last year.

Re some of the comments on tthe clio TT I think some people are missing the point arguing about cornering and blah blah. Its a clio with 400 odd bhp that in itself is the point. Somones gone out there and done it. As a peice of engineering you have to appreciate the amount of work it must have taken to do.Wathcing it destroy evos and stuff on the 1/4 mile is also wholesome family entertainment so in a way its a public service too ;)

Clio 172 mk2
David_Snaresbrook said:
In that case i was wrong, lol.

Just went on letstorquebhp.com

and used the 2005 model scooby STi which weighs 1480kgs.

For the same bhp/ton it would need 570bhp. So i'd imagine that would be silly money to get that bhp from the STI.

But as i said, i dont know how much Matt has spent on the clio, and i dont know how much it would actually cost to get an STI to those BHP levels.

As i said though, what ever the case, its still an impressive car, but i could think of other things i'd rather spend the money on, but each to their own.

Would cost a lot of money to get over 500 from the Subarus EJ20 engine.....that's one of it's flaws compared to the evo. Will need FMIC for starters, different turbo & injectors a decent ecu and most expensive of all a much stronger bottom end.

In saying that though people are doing some incredible things with them these days.

r5 gtt with 172 turbo eng
MATT BLACK said:
With all due respect steve........youve no f**king chance ;)
considerin im droppin between another 7-10k into the engine bay id say that ur wrong mate.

when its been to the pod and put down its time this summer i see what you have to say there bud :D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
jonnyboy said:
cant wait to see this car on the strip. This year I'm actually gonna get off my arse and get to york a couple of times as I didnt go once last year.

Re some of the comments on tthe clio TT I think some people are missing the point arguing about cornering and blah blah. Its a clio with 400 odd bhp that in itself is the point. Somones gone out there and done it. As a peice of engineering you have to appreciate the amount of work it must have taken to do.Wathcing it destroy evos and stuff on the 1/4 mile is also wholesome family entertainment so in a way its a public service too ;)

I agree mate people are missing the point.The fact thats it so light and has all the suspension from a great handling car in the first pace,why is it going to be that bad
Evo has the evo 8 260 timmed at 1.31.5 and the very standard 182 at 1.33 around bedford.So in a race if i was to choose an evo or a stripped out 375bhp clio(that probably handles like an elise with its weight)i would take the clio tbh
Its a work of art i think and more people like matt black need to do this

ian

EVO VII
steve r5 gtt said:
considerin im droppin between another 7-10k into the engine bay id say that ur wrong mate.

when its been to the pod and put down its time this summer i see what you have to say there bud :D

i was there when you put that time in and considering how crap the track was it's very impressive, i reckon this car is good for 12.5 in its current form.

Get some drag tyres and lose some more weight ;)

Nice one

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
steve r5 gtt said:

im with you opn this one mate! i will also hopefully be going pod this summer! im hoping to get an lsd fitted by then plus mybe a few more horses!lol would be happy with 14s myself!:approve: (172/262bhp)so far so good!

williams and trophy
lmao at some of the comments on here lol

the car is built to 1/4 mile......but it can probably corner as well as a 172.... shudda stuck it in a mk1 shell mate....wudda bin loads quicker then and wudda handled better too ;)

was fukkin rapid as it was.......will be even quicker wen its done.

well...if it can tear itself away from the long running relationship it has with tow ropes anyway.;).......bit of a bondage freak this car....always has a rope attatched to it....hehe

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Ive rebuilt the car and im aiming for 11.5 at over 125 this year - then when i fit my Nitrous kit im hoping to make it the 1st 10 sec front wheel drive car in the UK

I will chew that R5 up and spit it out - the JC5 129 box will implode at anything above 250 bhp - mine went twice at 250 bhp running an F4R 736 ( 2.0 16v 172 ) with 75 shot of NOS

And i will stick a £200 cash bet on that as well :D

( these R5 lads.......i dont know :( !! )

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
Just out of interest what you spending the £7 - 10k on ?? personally i would invest some of it in an uprated gearbox and uprated pistons, crank and get the bottom end braced - as for your head ?? they chuck lifters through the side of the head at 250 bhp + did it to mine twice. I would also consider a custom manifold that would host a VF34 are a VF35 IHI turbo - set up correctly with a 3inch exhaust system and a some green 440 injectors you should see 300 bhp +

MERCEDES CLS AMG
stevo172-250 said:
im with you opn this one mate! i will also hopefully be going pod this summer! im hoping to get an lsd fitted by then plus mybe a few more horses!lol would be happy with 14s myself!:approve: (172/262bhp)so far so good!

I understand you have just got your car back from BB and you think it is untouchable - thats fair enough mate and i bet it is quick !! i think you will get better than 14's - more like mid 13's to be realistic. I was running 12.5 @ 118 with 275bhp but the car weighed 900kg. With 375bhp and 810 kg + Mickey T's it should knock a second of that ( without Gas )

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Ali - you can be my special asian b**ch

Jones - with a name like that you must be welsh.......you can be Ali's b**ch

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
MATT BLACK said:
I understand you have just got your car back from BB and you think it is untouchable - thats fair enough mate and i bet it is quick !! i think you will get better than 14's - more like mid 13's to be realistic. I was running 12.5 @ 118 with 275bhp but the car weighed 900kg. With 375bhp and 810 kg + Mickey T's it should knock a second of that ( without Gas )
i dont think its untouchable dude,im only a newbie turbo owner! just want to see what itl run! do you know of any other gear box that would fit a 172engine?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.