ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio out, Impreza in (my 4th).

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What's the life of those like on the Scoobies? They are notoriously s**t on the Evos - and while they aren't that expensive to replace, its a ballsack that they are so feeble. A definite design fail, imo.

D.

Not sure mate, just like any others I guess. Prob go quicker due to the weight of the car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No real updates apart from toying with the idea of possibly selling it. Took Chi for a spin, think he quite liked it lol

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Awesome car, I think you like getting them and making them epic and then starting again! Lunatic haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Says you lol. Well I've just ordered some mist washer jets so its a keeper until they arrive.

535d / t5 caravelle
Selling already!? Surely a Clio isn't really going to hit the spot after that? Unless its boosted!

Impreza RB5 #054
F9D98B3B-ED93-4720-B6A1-7A4ADC973FB3_zpszef8ik1n.jpg

And a new car for the misses.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just a small update. After numerous what if's I need to replace the box :(. It's got a slight oil leak from the diff which I knew about and there is an issue with fourth gear synchro too. I had considered just selling the car as is to save the hassle but decided to source a replacement box and see how that pans out. It's getting fitted Friday and thankfully it's only costing £175 for the box and £40 for 75-90 syntax oil which I ordered through oilman

On a side note, not only were opie oils the cheapest they are also sending it out at no extra cost tomo :). Will see how this pans out as to wether I keep the car or not. Tbh it's the only thing that was annoying me as it drives very well. Will update with further progress.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Think you're probably on the limit now, power wise, of the 5 speed box aren't you?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly mate. But I'm not spending the best part of a couple of grand on a six speed. Every other gear is spot on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Well plan a didnt work out that well. Got a call off the guy selling me the gearbox to say it wasn't a hundred percent so best not send it. On the plus side I've sourced an Sti box and rear diff :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Replacement box/diff and rear diff fitted and my on going pita vibration has gone, and changes gear as it should.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
May aswell mate. I allways look round for other stuff, but i think thats a mixture of quiet times in work and being on here lol. It does everything i need it do, and quickly when in the mood.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL £70 for a full system is a bargain.

Does it just have a back box at the moment?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It didn't come standard mate. Currently got a full 3" japspeed system including decat downpipe and angled backbox. When the car was on coilovers I think the exhaust suited it better. The one I'm getting isn't angled and think it will suit the look of the car. Bargain either way.