ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio out, Impreza in (my 4th).

clio 182 FF
Love the legacy mate.

thanks mate. The legacy was nice. Ej20 engine as the impreza but with a twin turbo setup for smoother power delivery. Had it dyno'd at 282 bhp but it never realy felt as quick as the imprezas.

the bugeye had a td05 16g turbo off a type r modified to fit, decat up and down pipes, hks panel filter, sti 550 injectors, sti top mount intercooler and a live map by duncan at race dynamix. I never had it rr'd but id be surprised if it was less than 300 bhp

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
thanks mate. The legacy was nice. Ej20 engine as the impreza but with a twin turbo setup for smoother power delivery. Had it dyno'd at 282 bhp but it never realy felt as quick as the imprezas.

the bugeye had a td05 16g turbo off a type r modified to fit, decat up and down pipes, hks panel filter, sti 550 injectors, sti top mount intercooler and a live map by duncan at race dynamix. I never had it rr'd but id be surprised if it was less than 300 bhp

that's who mapped my one mate. Running two maps, low boost 1.1 bar, high boost 1.3. The former I've no interest in lol. The next step for mine would be the injectors and front mounted intercooler, should up the power to 350. I was chatting to some one about Duncan and have been told he maps them to get the utmost out of them? Maybe sailing close to the wind in terms of safety.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate. I think the white makes them look bigger, they looks great in the flesh, although would like a nice looking gold set.

clio 182 FF
that's who mapped my one mate. Running two maps, low boost 1.1 bar, high boost 1.3. The former I've no interest in lol. The next step for mine would be the injectors and front mounted intercooler, should up the power to 350. I was chatting to some one about Duncan and have been told he maps them to get the utmost out of them? Maybe sailing close to the wind in terms of safety.

He realy knows his stuff. I had mine mapped to a safe boost and it was more to iron out spikes after fitting the bigger turbo. It honestly felt like a new car afterwards. I also got a few pops and bangs in there for good measure as well as launch control, which i didnt use much but it was brutal when you launched it

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah that's good to know. Oddly the person I was chatting too has got a rolling road day with the mapper they use attending lol. It drives spot on the pick up is effortless, very similar to the petrol gauge going in the opposite direction lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Worth a try lol. Although I've had two pm's offering to help.

Haven't really, just one.

:)

535d / t5 caravelle
love it, looks s**t hot, no stupid spoilers or halfords add ons, very purposeful!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. The same could be said if i came home with a mini, we allready have one hairdresser at our stately home ;)

*couldnt resist, i'm joking, we dont have live in a stately home*

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Not really at the moment. Power wise its spot on and it handles well. I need to uprate the pads for next month, on the road they are okay but would be crap on track. Front splitter of some sort and just keep on top of it really.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
After my mammoth clean yesterday I'm made up with the condition, not perfect but a nice example none the less. I never really took to the wagons but see your point.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cant wait to see this in the flesh. . Very nice mate. .

Will try and get round soon mate, sonething allways pops up. Joe is back working next door and he said 'yeah it's alrite that'. About as much as I was expecting lol. Think he likes smaller cars better.

Impreza RB5 #054
That is the splitter yeecup was talking about, personally i like the pre-facelift bumper without a splitter and just foglight covers.

38395070002_large.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Been looking around for fog light covers too. Am I right in thinking you have to remove the fog lights or do they just fit on top? That looks good actually, liking the gold wheels too, think they suit white.

Impreza RB5 #054
Here's one with facelifted bonnet and lights like yours
dsc07020ur7.jpg

Yep, lights need to be removed, well they are on mine.

Celica GT for now
This looks awesome, The only thing I'm not so keen on is the black wheels, I'd perhaps get them refurbed to Gunmetal or white if it were me personally just to give the spokes a bit more definition

I do like these :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
This looks awesome, The only thing I'm not so keen on is the black wheels, I'd perhaps get them refurbed to Gunmetal or white if it were me personally just to give the spokes a bit more definition

I do like these :)

They actually look lots better in the flesh mate, very shiney as they are pretty much immaculate, I am tempted by some gold wheels of some sort. Need to curb my spending, subtle stuff first.