ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio out, Impreza in (my 4th).

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I blame the Impreza appreciation thread for this purchase, not that im dissapointed :). Owned the car two weeks ish and although pretty crap on fuel, smiling makes up for it. Its on 96 P and its a wrx import. When looking around i wanted one with a few nice bits done to it as it saves me spending the money, although im sure i will be experimenting in the future. Its had two uk owners since 2008 and has a good history with regular services each year and reciepts for all the work carried out. Spec wise, its running a IHI VF-24 which aparantly is comparable to a td05 turbo but spools a bit quicker, in fairness it does pull lower down than my previous imprezas and doesnt seem to run out of puff further up the range. Hks induction kit which i can't hear as its got 3" turbo back Janspeed system which is loverly and not intrusive on the motorway etc, love the pops when warm :). It has a walbro fuel pump and 3 port boost solonoid. A larger tmic and has been mapped (mafless) to run an aparant 300-320bhp. I dont dispute that as it does toddle along nicely. Suspension wise d2 coilovers which in fairness are a bit firm but looking forward to see how it handles on track. Brake wise again d2 8pots which look the part but uprated pads will be going in very soon. Havent had a hassle free start if im honest, oil leak from the front crank seal which resulted in a new timing belt, seal etc but atleast its peace of mind. Belt was due next year anyway so atleast it's done. Tracking has been setup so it handles well. Theres a few things im considering changing but at the moment just enjoying it and looking forward to next month at Oulton. Anyway pics as promised, yes i know they are pretty crap but time ran out and cleaning it took alot longer than i planned. Comments welcome but remember its 17 years old so be nice :).

impreza007_zpsec1179ba.jpg

impreza006_zps00f8e235.gif

impreza005_zps4f9ddac3.gif

impreza004_zps3bf6fea4.gif

impreza002_zps72271922.gif

impreza001_zpsea77b1ce.gif

impreza003_zps9025ad46.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
:clap: Looks awesome! How do you find the wheel? The oem one is a bit big IMO.

Cup In bits
Looks good for its age, no signs of rust from the pics.

Its screaming out for some type of splitter though, bumper higher than the sills is never a good look.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Selling it yet? ;)

I've driven one but never owned one, think I should even if only briefly. Insurance is harsh as frig though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The splitter is on my too do list, any suggestions would be welcome. No rust from what i can tell, desperado in need of some dents removing which is getting done tomo.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think the wheels off 'evil giraffes' wagon would look great. There's a fifty in it is anyone wants to borrow them for me lol

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Also id remove the gangster tints. Or change them for some lighter ones!

Are those TD 1.2 wheels aswell?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't a fan to begin with but I actually quite like them. Yeah ref the wheels, unmarked too :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It's got a few defects but its an old car. Overall I'm happy though. At least you know what it looks like when I whizz past next month :)

sets himself for a massive fall flol.

clio 182 FF
That is a nice scooby mate! I have a bit of a soft spit for imprezas. I owned a 2002 wrx for 4 years and loved it. Since then ive also owned a 1993 import wrx and a 2000 legacy b4 rsk
IMG_0086.jpg

davescar030.jpg

davescar029.jpg

legacy3.jpg

legacy2.jpg