ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Started to mod my Clio.

I say just do it, i get branded a chav because of my exhaust, i dont care tho. End of the day, you should whatever makes you look like this :D lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
theduckeatspork said:
I say just do it, i get branded a chav because of my exhaust, i dont care tho. End of the day, you should whatever makes you look like this :D lol

lol. I already look like :D and that's only after adding the wheels.Lmao.

I do understand the points being made about body kits and re-sale value. I'm not one for doing things, deciding I don't like it and getting shot . If I seriously don't like the kits when done, it will come straight off, as for selling her, I have absolutely NO intentions of doing that in the foreseeable future. If I did decide to sell her (unlikely) all original bits that 'may' be removed will be kept, so the car will be able to return to as near 'standard' as possible.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Right, here we are.

This is the rear kit I am considering. The hole for the exhaust will be filled in (as I'm going for a stealth exhaust,as I want it to be 'slightly' heard and not seen).

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_DD-ZZ06.html

These are the side bits. These are the most subtle ones I could find that I actually liked.

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_DD-XEM39.html

As for the front, I am torn between two at the moment, can't quite make up my mind which one I like best.

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_D00117047.html

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_FS157.html

All comments, negative and positive welcome.

1 Series Coupe
nice alloys... i rekon you should go with lowering 40 - 60mm... colour coding... make it a look alike 172 bodyshell... get some skirts, and a new front splitter... and you can still have your stealth exhaust..

have seen that rear kit and similar side skirts on a ph1 round here and it looks good! Think you should go for the first front bumper tho, dont like the second one, looks too stuck on.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Pettsi said:
nice alloys... i rekon you should go with lowering 40 - 60mm... colour coding... make it a look alike 172 bodyshell... get some skirts, and a new front splitter... and you can still have your stealth exhaust..

Thanks Pettsi. I am seriously considering lowering her now, not sure how low to go yet though, depends on what the kit looks like, also allowing for the darn speed ramps and the fact my Dad has still got to be able to bend low enough to get in it her. ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
theduckeatspork said:
have seen that rear kit and similar side skirts on a ph1 round here and it looks good! Think you should go for the first front bumper tho, dont like the second one, looks too stuck on.

I'm glad the rear and sides meet your approval. I think I am seriously going to get them, as for the front, I do see what you mean about looking 'stuck on', my Hubby doesn't like it either, so I think I will stick with his and your opinion and go for the other one. ;)

1 Series Coupe
DynamiqueDebz said:
Thanks Pettsi. I am seriously considering lowering her now, not sure how low to go yet though, depends on what the kit looks like, also allowing for the darn speed ramps and the fact my Dad has still got to be able to bend low enogh to get in it. ;)

thats true.. if you lower 40mm is shouldn't make too much difference to how low your dad has to bend to get in.. i hate speed bumps!!!

Obviously me and your hubby both have good taste, lol.

As for lowering 30-40mm wont make much difference to how low he has to bend, but will just make the wheels look neater in the arches

1 Series Coupe
theduckeatspork said:
Obviously me and your hubby both have good taste, lol.

As for lowering 30-40mm wont make much difference to how low he has to bend, but will just make the wheels look neater in the arches

great minds think alike! ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Pettsi said:
great minds think alike! ;)

Oh yes, most definitely have to agree there ;) I will order them on monday then, won't get them fitted though until I have had the stereo and alarm sorted, better safe than sorry, or shoukd I say, better 'safer' than sorry? ~Gringes at the thought of getting car nicked~ :S

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
FredYozzasport; I forgot to add, I really do value you opinion as I know you are a well respected member of our Clio community. I feel honoured that you took the time to comment on my 'considered' kits. Thanks :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I just got a call to tell me my new rear lights and repeaters have arrived. Woohoo! I'll be off later to pick them up and whilst I'm at it I'll go and get a quote for my alarm and cd multichanger. :D

guessing u've gone for clear repeaters? what rear lights have you gone for? *please not lexus please not lexus*

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Well yeah, clear repeaters, but yep, LEXUS lights, but if when they are put on the car they don't look right they will come straight off and straight onto ebay, I'll just have to wait and see I guess ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol all the way though this thread i thought its going to look nice with your subtle kit (even tho i dont like kits) but then i read about lexus lights!! noooo!

1 Series Coupe
lol... some cars look good with lexus lights.. for example.. lexus.. lol... see what they look like... it is personal taste after all... if not ebayyyyy

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Martin 89; It 'will' look 'nice' trust me ;) If not, like Pettsi says, I'll 'ebay' them.

I did look at the colourcoded ones, I didn't like them at all! I'm a 'big' fan of Lexus cars, hence why I like the lights and want them on mine, but I'm not one to make my car look daft (I hope) so I'll just have to wait until I put them on before I totally decide. ~Crosses fingers~ :)

P.s. I would have gone to get a quote for my alarm and Cd Multichanger today, but some ARSE has nabbed my cat and I'm a tad upset, so things just haven't got done today.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
$torm Rider said:
Someone nabbed your cat?! Are you sure it hasn't gone out exploring for a while. My mates cat did the same. Wandered off for a few days and then came back.

Kit wise I reckon you should go for the MS Design sideskirts and rear
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=263

Then go for the Reiger front
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=261

That would look ace.

PS I hope you get your car back.

I like the sides of that kit, definitely subtle, really don't like the rear though. The front of the other kits is the one I am getting (maybe from K-tech, where I am intending to get my suspension from) so II am keeping my fingers crossed that it will look nice.

On the 'cat' front, we finally got him back after the gits let him go. He came back starving and disorientated and bone dry even though it had been raining for hours. b******s! All is sweet again now though . :D

Thanks for all the helpful comments, keep them coming. A few comments have already made me change my mind about lowering. lol

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Basically the MS Designs one Loony posted is the only one i could bare to have.

FK Coilovers will give you a better ride than standard so don't worry about it.

Lexus lights are gash, get rid IMO!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Please don't get a kit. If you do bodywork stuff. 172 imitation skirts. Cup spoiler, Spliiter. Spk to HAS about fitting on dynamique bumper. Std lights look so much nicer. 60mm apex kit.

job done.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
cliobuyer said:
Basically the MS Designs one Loony posted is the only one i could bare to have.

FK Coilovers will give you a better ride than standard so don't worry about it.

Lexus lights are gash, get rid IMO!

Well I must admit the side kit is definitely more subtle than the ones I had considered, but looks like Loony has made me do a re-think and now I will probably go for those. The front kit he suggested is the one I am going to get (after asking for opinions on that one and another one I posted pics of).
When it comes to 'Coilovers' I am getting mixed reactions about those. My Hubby has just put a set of AVO's on his Megane, and to be honest I really don't like the way they have made the front end so rigid. I think I will definitely pass on those.
As for ther Lexus lights, I think I am just going to have to see what they look like for myself now that they have arrived, but like I said, if too loud and tacky looking they will appear on ebay. ;) :D

get the reanult sport body kit (not the RS clio body kit) but the one renault had made for the normal clios like the dynamique etc, will fit perfectly and looks good to, i have the part numbers some where.

only "lexus" style lights i have ever liked on the clio were again the ones renault did same as standard just clear plastic not red.