ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help to replace MK1 Wing mirrors

Clio Mk1
Hi,
I have a Mk1 Clio,
This isn't the first time this has happened. Some T*at has broken my wing mirror again. They were mismatched anyways because someone crashed into them the first time and now the replacement was a bit losse I think someone has run past them (as it's parked in my space next to a concrete pillar) it's now hanging off ... (in the future I'm going to tie some rope or something so nobody uses it as a shortcut) :mad:

I want to know what's involved in replacing them - My clio is a bit old with the new so any knowledge of upgrading to electric wing mirrors would be helpful. It seems to find mk1's on eBay is a bit rare, especially for a set - Does anyone know if Mk2 wing mirrors would fit (they look quite similar but I think they are electric? ) (but then again seems to be two types a D type that is smaller than the other one, mine is an Oasis model so I don't know if they have different wing mirrors. this could be a mk2 one I've previously replaced, and hence why it's now hanging off?

I think I still have the original one that was replaced I'll try and dig it out and I'll take some photo's when I go check on her later.

any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thank you

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
There's 2 different shape wing mirrors on Mk1's depending on the age, the smaller type are phase 1 & from 90-93 and the other bigger shape is phase 2 from 94 onwards.
If you want electric ones you'll need to see if the doors have the wiring in place for them otherwise it's going to be quite difficult to get them working