ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Started to mod my Clio.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
My OZ Superturismo WRC's arrive tomorrow. Handing my dad my 16V side badges and front renault diamond so he can spray them white tomorrow too.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
theduckeatspork said:
^^random hijack??
Well considering the original post was about her new superturismo's, then no. Just agreeing to good taste my friend. =p

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Yeah, just gotta love the Turismos!

Well, looks like the Chrome Lexus lights are a 'big' no no. I went to pick them up, took a look at them and was not impressed. They were covered in tiny little pitted dents and scratches, they bought out another set (they ordered two sets by mistake) and they were even worse, so I got a re-fund on those. I honestly didn't expect lights that cost £109.00 to be so badly made and feel so tacky. I have ordered a set of 'Clear' Lexus lights instead, so I'll see what they look like when they arrive.
Gonna go an take a quick 'daylight' pic of her as requested a few posts back.;)

Last edited:
  Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
'Daytime' pic of my baby. Gonna sort out the side repeaters tomorrow. ;)

Clio+Tourismo (for CS).jpg

I've just noticed someone has slightly bumped the drivers door, looks like a baby trolley dimple and has got a tiny scratch to go with it. Grrrrr, another bit to get sorted at the same time the body kit gets done. lol

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Why don't you go into Renault and get the genuine clear clusters. They look great IMO.

Chocolate Bar™
DynamiqueDebz said:
I've just noticed someone has slightly bumped the drivers door, looks like a baby trolley dimple and has got a tiny scratch to go with it. Grrrrr, another bit to get sorted at the same time the body kit gets done. lol

clio doors are made from egg shells. i'd wait till you've got a fair few before you get them sorted, so you get a nice discount for bulk ordering lol

if u want the subtle but ultimate best mod u can get for you car.

FK's highsport coilovers £450 from 2modified.co.uk
silvervisions all-round - £15
clear side indicator lights £15 from renault.
full colour code - £200

and then your done. leave it at that

Chocolate Bar™
JLO said:
if u want the subtle but ultimate best mod u can get for you car.

FK's highsport coilovers
silvervisions all-round
clear side indicator lights
full colour code

and then your done.

sounds suspiciously like what you've done ;)

^ shudup. hang on, so have you ^^ but u took it to the extreme and smoothed the bumperstrips. tehehe

haha

heres a pic. im a pic wh0re
nitapicture032smaller3eo.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
think you'll find i smoothed the front and opted for tinted clear repeaters ;)

i was waiting for your pics to start coming lmao :rasp:

^^ tehehe. ahh by the way mark,

off the topic slighty, but u know that FOLTEC interior spray from halfrauds. does it work? u reckon the grey dash would look good RED?

Chocolate Bar™
you mean folia-tec ;) ive heard its good as its flexible, but personally i wouldnt dare on the clio as the dash is already covered in vinyl stuff - which would have to to be removed. if you mean the solid plastic centre, then do it in traditional paint just plastic prime it.

^^ folia-tec = so i missed the "IA-". lol
ahh forget than then. but would have come out good RED.
oh well. hey mark wat bout the (FOLIA-TEC ;)) carbon film sh*t. have u used it on the interior yet?

Chocolate Bar™
DynamiqueDebz said:
Got them on Friday :D

and you ordered them from halfords :O i'd expect them to take at least 3 weeks before they finally give u some in the wrong colour lol

172 Style Skirts from Cliosport member Subway
Colour coded bumpstrips and handles...

Cliodebz).jpg

No need for a nasty bodykit Debz!

Excuse the dodgy photoshop, I've lost loads of tools :(

M

mad_barrat

hi debz, think you should def get it lowered, if you dont wanna go to low and to stiff and to expensive for that matter you could get away with just dropping 40mm with just springs. it looks the dogs and your ride will be stiffer due to car not being as high (less body roll). it wont cause any problems and you could always get shocks at a later date.

DynamiqueDebz said:
My Hubby has just put a set of AVO's on his Megane, and to be honest I really don't like the way they have made the front end so rigid. I think I will definitely pass on those.

On the coilover front be aware that not all coilovers are alike, the ride and handling varies massively from personal experience. I'd be inclined if you are going to spend that much on lowering see if you can drive another clio with the kit you want fitted on it so you can make an informed choice. tbh ideally the same should be the case with springs but £100-£150 for a set of springs is easier to swallow than £450+ for coilovers if you dont get on with them!

Turbos.
Defo agree with that, if you did just get springs like the Apex you would get a bad ride but trust me, FKs have a BETTER ride than OEM. Criminal not to get them.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Day said:
172 Style Skirts from Cliosport member Subway
Colour coded bumpstrips and handles...

Cliodebz).jpg

No need for a nasty bodykit Debz!

Excuse the dodgy photoshop, I've lost loads of tools :(

That's definitely very subtle. I like it. ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Mad_barrat; I am definitely going for a body kit, it's just got to be subtle though. I don't want to go for a 172/182 look-a-like though, want her to look like a 1.6 but with subtle differences.

Loony; I have considered 'Coilovers' but after my Hubbys personal experience with his Megane, plus various opinions of other CS members, I have decided against them. I will however be looking for a 'decent' suspension kit (money no object) not just springs.

I am finding it quite amusing as to how much I have changed my mind about what I was originally going to do, this is due to very helpful and honest people on CS that have managed to sway me a 'little' on certain things.

Thanks for all your feedback guys, keep it coming, I appreciate and value 'all' of your opinions. :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
When it comes to 'lowering', I only want to take her down 30-35mm (have to consider some nasty speedramps we have around here that unfortunately I can not avoid). I would appreciate some ideas on some good kits (springs and shocks for front and rear) that will give her a not too stiff but decent ride, (don't want her to feel like a flying brick!) so 'all' ideas on what to get and where from would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance. :D

Debz XXXxxx

Turbos.
You do realise that coilovers are just springs and dampers? The advantage you will have them is that they are adjustable over a normal spring and damper kit. You can lower it as little as probably 20mm all the way to 80mm.

Different suspension makes have different spring and damper rates for different cars. You can't go on the assumption that AVOs on a Megane will be exactly the same as FKs on your Clio. Besides, i've already told you what they are like ride wise...

Are you suffering from cyber deafness? ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
:eek: Cyber deafness? Goodness gracious me, noooooo :rasp:

I do know and understand that some people really rate 'coilovers' but on the other hand some don't. The only reason I mentioned Hubbys Megane, was not to compare how his would be on my clio, but was to compare the difference bewteen what the ride was like before, then after they were fitted. Hubby really does not rate them at all and to be honest wishes he hadn't bothered, but we live and learn. ;) I also think that considering I was dead 'against' lowering to start with, I have come quite a long way (imo) to actually change my mind completely and decide to lower it. I am also aware that having 'coilovers' allows you to adjust the ride height at will, but as I am unlikey to want to go lower than 35mm max, I feel it would probably be a waste of money buying some. I unfortunately do not know of anyone with a 1.6 that has had 'coilovers' fitted that I could drive for a comparison, if I did, I might well have been swayed by now, but for the moment I am not keen on the idea.
I guess I am abit of an 'old' school motorist that up until now would normally have been dead against changing 'anything' (other than tyres) that was not a standard feature on a car, but I'm learning ;) lol.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
DynamiqueDebz said:
Right, here we are.

This is the rear kit I am considering. The hole for the exhaust will be filled in (as I'm going for a stealth exhaust,as I want it to be 'slightly' heard and not seen).

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_DD-ZZ06.html

These are the side bits. These are the most subtle ones I could find that I actually liked.

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_DD-XEM39.html

As for the front, I am torn between two at the moment, can't quite make up my mind which one I like best.

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_D00117047.html

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_FS157.html

All comments, negative and positive welcome.

IMO I like http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_D00117047.html but not the skirts or rear bumper add on.

I honestly think you could find something to fit the lines of the car better.

definately agree about getting a bodykit. I'd like to do the same, but can't until I start my new job. I'm going for the 172/182 skirts - Think they are the best for Clios.

Ktec do loads of subtle kits that will look good on your car especially with your wheels.

I'm getting mine lowered soon - probably go 60mm with either an Apex or Spax kit. I've heard that the 35mm Apex kit is quite good.

Last edited:
Debz, have you considered Eibach? Very good springs, and definately not a bone jarring ride. Eibach pro's lowered my 1.6 around 30/35mm. From what you have said they are probably the best ones for you. Can always match them up to koni or eibach dampers later on aswell.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
glyn1980 said:
IMO I like http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/info_D00117047.html but not the skirts or rear bumper add on.

I honestly think you could find something to fit the lines of the car better.

definately agree about getting a bodykit. I'd like to do the same, but can't until I start my new job. I'm going for the 172/182 skirts - Think they are the best for Clios.

Ktec do loads of subtle kits that will look good on your car especially with your wheels.

I'm getting mine lowered soon - probably go 60mm with either an Apex or Spax kit. I've heard that the 35mm Apex kit is quite good.

I do agree on the front kit, it's probably the one I am going to go for. The rear and sides of that kit are a big 'no no', I am however going to get the 'rear' kit I posted , but have been persuaded to get a very subtle (like the 172 Renault) side kit.

When it comes to 'lowering' I have now decided it is an almost definte 'must', Ktech do indeed seem to have some very nice kits, I am however looking for a kit that won't change the ride too much from the way she is (as I like it) but will take her down to no more than 35mm max, so I'm still keeping my eyes open on this. If you know of any such kits I would appreciate your feedback.

Good luck with doing yours when you have got your new job. :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
theduckeatspork said:
Debz, have you considered Eibach? Very good springs, and definately not a bone jarring ride. Eibach pro's lowered my 1.6 around 30/35mm. From what you have said they are probably the best ones for you. Can always match them up to koni or eibach dampers later on aswell.

Thanks for that, I will check them out! They sound perfect. Much appreciated. :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
theduckeatspork; I have just checked out the Eibachs that you recommended and they indeed sound 'spot on', and as you also have a 1.6 your feedback on this was music to my ears! My Hubby is now in the process of ordering both the springs and shocks for me. Thanks sooooooo much for that! Nice one dude! :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Well, hope I made the right decision as Hubby has just hit the 'order confirm' button. ;)

Good job there's a 7 day return option (if unused) just in case I get any 'serious' negative feedback on them, but from what I've read they sound perfect for my needs. ~Fingers, legs, arms and toes crossed~ lol