ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Started to mod my Clio.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Well D4ve, according to Eibachs site, the pro kit I have ordered will indeed drop her 30mm. I have cheked and double checked that they are the right ones for my 1.6 and although flatly refused to lower her at first, am quite looking forward to it now. I will not however be fitting them myself, I simply can't be arsed, I'll leave it to the professionals, that way I have come-back if it isn't right. ;)

Dont think i would bother with a kit either to be honest, you said earlier you couldnt believe how much you have already changed your mind, so what if you fit a kit etc, and then change your mind within a month? just my opinion of course, but really like your wheels and looking forward to seeing pics when its lowered! :)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Thanks, I like the wheels too. If, like you say I decide I don't like it kitted up, it will come straight off and will return to standard.
I just decided to spend some money on her as I decided to keep her instead of buying the new clio. I felt that she deserved some attention to make her look that little bit more special.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I presume it's best to get it lowered before the kit goes on, saves risking the kit getting damaged. Then once done I can have her booked in for the kit to be fitted and sprayed and other bits colour coded, then I can take her to get her stainless steal 'stealth' exhuast fitted. I sooo hope it all goes to plan. ~Crosses everything~ lol

Mito Sportiva 135
TBH I think you would definitely be better of saving your money and invest in a 172/ 182. No amount of modding will give you the subtle styling of the official specifications. Plus you will have the nice leather interior, more features and the glorious 2.0 litre unit...

Also, I'm not sure if money is important to you but if you buy a standard Clio Sport you can sell it on pretty easilly, where as modding a normal car will (typically) not lead to a higher resale value.

M2 Competition
Big insurance difference tho mate.

Most of us on here modded dynamiques for a couple of years before moving onto rs'.

Pro's definately give 30mm drop on non rs clios, sportlines give 40-50mm on non rs clios. Its the eibachs for the 172/182 that dont lower as much.

ep2
^^^REX is right, after keepin my dynamique for a couple more years and off for the big boy stuff(2.0L) :D. But i am still goin to mod my 1.2 sensibly. just don't get too carried away with the big heavy mods ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Well, being as I am probably abit older than most of you, I have come to the conclusion it is time for me to be sensible now. I have had my sports cars, done the ripping up the tarmac thing, I now just want to settle down with a car that has a little umph (just in case I need it) and one I can make look nice and feel happy with.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
To be honest I don't really use the power my 1.6 has got, so see little point in buying anything with a bigger engine.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Brand86; I'm not really fussed about re-sale value as I plan to keep her for a good few more years yet, and as for the leather interior, she will have that too soon. ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Fair play then!

As for insurance though, I've been driving for 4 years and I'm 21 but up untill now have had no personal scheme to build up a no claims bonus. I just got a 172 and got insured fully comp for £1100 this year which I thought was very reasonable. Excess however is £750.... so banking on no crashes!!! Considering I've been driving on my mum's scheme untill now paying next to nothing I don't mind spending a bit more. My friends had a 1.2 dynamique since 17 and was paying £2000 a year for it... and now his insurance is only £300 cheaper on a 172/182. Think I done well!!!:rasp:

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Yes, sounds like you have done extremely well. Good luck to you and hope you carry on enjoying it and stay safe. :D

well altho eibach say 30mm drop most people on here have only seen a 15/20mm drop, i had the sportlines which say a 50mm drop be it was more like a 35mm drop.

Lou

If you don't like your clear lights when they come you should get the ones that you colour code same as your car. I got them, a few people on here have them too, mine are still in the box tho :eek: Got them yr passed march!!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I'll just have to see what I think of them when fitted, if I don't like them, they will be ebayed, and the original lights will go back on and stay. ;)

sod the silly kits, they all look crap.

Buy Clio sport 172 bumpers, skirts etc and have them painted to match. At least it'll look factory and sporty whilst easily removable if you wanted to put back to standard.

and the wheels will be wasted if you dont lower to car onto them, even 30 - 40 mm springs and shocks.

and if money is not a problem why not get FK Konig sport coilovers which have adjustable damping so you can set it to soft when you take the old man, then to firm when you want to blast down the back roads.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
al said:
I'd leave it standard ;)

Naaa, it's been standard since I got her new, now I have decided to keep her it's time to make her look and feel a little bit more special in my opinion. ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I have now ordered the, side, front and rear skirts. I will now have to arrange which alarm, head unit and cd changer is to be fitted before the suspension and body kit goes on. ;) :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
The suspension and rear lights turned up this afternoon, so I will hopefully go and look at alarms and cd multichangers at some point tomorrow. Once that is sorted, it will be all systems 'go!' ;) :D

I took the lights out of the box when I got them and put them up against the rear of the car, so far it looks like they are going to look 'spanking'. :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Quick update:

My car goes into the specialsts tomorrow to get a new Kenwood head unit and 6 cd multi changer fitted, plus I am having a 'Viper' alarm with anti-tilt fitted too. The whole lot will cost £998.
When I bring it home I'm going to fit the new rear lights and side repeaters.
Spoke to my local garage who will be fitting my new Eibach Pro suspension, they will also be doing a complete geometry check and laser alignment. ;) :D :D

Alarm is the Viper 480XV Thatcham Cat. 1 Two Way Car Alarm/Pager.

http://www.caralarmuk.com/acatalog/Viper_Security_Systems.html

Chocolate Bar™
i assume your having the suspension setup a few weeks after its been installed to give the suspension time to bed in, otherwise it wont be as effective, and youll end up having it done again.

sounds like your splashing the cash - but nobody ever said pimpin was cheap ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I gather you mean the geometry and laser alignment? I'll probably give it a max of a week or so, then do it. ;)

As for 'splashing the cash', well, she's only just 3 years old and I consider her to be worth every penny I intend spending on her. :D

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
if its a spring/dampers eibach kit your putting on most people generally recommend a fortnight to a month depending on how far/hard you drive. my koni kit i put on took about 2 months to settle altho i was doing a fair few miles.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Hmmm. I don't do that much milage ( only on just over 14k at the moment) but I will be definitely giving it a good testing after it has been put on. ;)