ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie with a clio cup race car

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I googled the Ph 1 subframe and the rear does look the similar , the front bar looks different though , it looks like a cutout on the front section compared to the race car one.
If I don't manage to find what it's off I'll look at picking the subframe apart , and do the same with the standard 172 subframe and use the sides to rebuild my race car one.

Bloody anoying as I had a perfect race car cross member , all joints and seams were strengthened up with bronze welding , always had it as it came with the spares when I bought the car , decided last week to buy the pure motorsport front arm kit , so have cut the lugs off where the standard fit , and welded the new brackets on that came with the PM kit , sprayed it all up , fitted the engine and box back in the car , fitted the new arms on , hubs and suspension and now found I don't have enough travel in the rose joints on the arms to suit my suspension , for some reason the kit is made with the rose joints horizontal and they should be vertical so they don't have any limits on the travel , rang pure Friday to see what they say but missed them so left a message.
I can't see how I'm going to make it work , I have a lot of droop on my front struts which I want to keep for the jumps , and bumpy Irish Tarmac

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
So I'll either have to cut the pure brackets we welded onto my cross member off , and cut the standard brackets off the standard cross member and weld them onto my race car subframe , or see if I can sell my race car subframe and pure front arm kit , but take a race car subframe in exchange .
Thought it was going so well building the car back up !

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So I'll either have to cut the pure brackets we welded onto my cross member off , and cut the standard brackets off the standard cross member and weld them onto my race car subframe , or see if I can sell my race car subframe and pure front arm kit , but take a race car subframe in exchange .
Thought it was going so well building the car back up !

If you're in need of a PH2 front subframe chap I have one spare that you're welcome to have.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Ian get in touch I have all the subframes inc a seam welded cup racer one etc and can sort you out. PM me.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I'm sorted now thanks , Pure motorsport modified there designs to suit my car , its all fitting nicely now

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Been busy lately on the clio , the Subaru is going up for sale , been there , done that , got the tee shirt ! something off the bucket list , time to go back to reality .

Made some changes to the Clio , had some parts from Pure , as I bent the TCA when I rolled the car , I decided to go fully rose jointed on the front , which means modifying the cross member to suit , which I had the issues above with , they have made me new arms to suit the droop I have on my suspension , so it all fits now.

20160213_092526_zps1asws2we.jpg

20160213_092536_zpshdsv4np9.jpg

20160213_092548_zpscezvvn1f.jpg

I also went for there rear bearing upgrade as I have done a few rear bearings in the past , going to genuine discs makes it better , hopefully this will be better again.

Put some grooves on the discs , fitted some brand new calipers , and some CL pads

20160212_104255_zps37ndv64y.jpg

20160212_122146_zpsyqqakmkq.jpg

20160212_122157_zpstcwgutuj.jpg

20160212_173447_zpsixkruhgp.jpg

20160213_094851_zps7kr31tlw.jpg

So slowly getting there , got new discs and bells to make for the front , as I broke one in the crash , going to rebuild the front Laguna hubs , new bearings and paint them , hopefully it should be all finished in the next few weeks

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
wow didn't realise it was so long ago I added to my thread !
Still have the car for now although it is for sale as I bought another rally car , is now fitted with a new Pure motorsport engine , and Sadev ST75 gearbox , along with a host of other parts , had it mapped by Sandy Brown and goes very well now , although it was no slouch before.
My son is using the car in Pembrey on the 28th Dec to give it a run , and hopefully help sell it with a good result , i'm out in my Swift , so should be a good day
We took it to Llandow last week so he could try the car , and make sure all is good as it hasn't really been driven since it's been rebuilt , fair play it goes very well now.

20220724_140145.jpg

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
you can find it here

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
you can find it here
Cheers Ian, I'll take a look.