ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie with a clio cup race car

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Regards the WRC car, are you 22B.com? plenty guys on there that would be able to help or suggest where or who to speak to.

Rear discs for the cup racer/laguna hubs can be made from the standard 172 disc. I've got a pair that have had the bearing machined out. You've obviously got the facilities to do this quite easily. While it's maybe not as good as an Alcon disc it lets you keep the bigger bearing for very little cost.

Know some people to talk to and will do tomorrow , need someone who can access the data logger info , and do a test on the full system , going to speak to autosportif in the morning and hopefully they can look at it , and quickly

Have you ever driven this on the road? I saw a car exactly like this in Bridgend a few months back see.

Yes driven it on the road a few times , took it to Treorchy the other week for a good run and it worked fine , did a rally and it plays up , bloody frustrating !!

30D35861-F76B-4EBC-9B7B-B428C04CFF01_zpshyqfwumy.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
The PM kit is a godsend, I think I would have got through about 3 rear beams by now without it.

It's alot of welding though isn't it, kept my man busy for a couple of hours doing it.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Yes me and the nav are ok , cars a bit of a mess , was doing really well and after 8 stages our stage times were exactly the same as the Darrian who won last year , so decided to have a real push on the last two stages , unfortunately the push was a bit too hard lol
speaking to one of my bodywork guys today and looks like it will be cheaper to reshell it , so on the lookout for a rolling shell with no sunroof

182cup & 172 racecar
Ouch! Last time did Eypnt it was in the dark, doesn't matter how many lights you have, you just can't see.

Hope it doesn't hurt too much Ian.

172 Rally Car
Yes me and the nav are ok , cars a bit of a mess , was doing really well and after 8 stages our stage times were exactly the same as the Darrian who won last year , so decided to have a real push on the last two stages , unfortunately the push was a bit too hard lol
speaking to one of my bodywork guys today and looks like it will be cheaper to reshell it , so on the lookout for a rolling shell with no sunroof

Cage ok?

you looked to be flying! the cars is obviously well sorted

p.s Eypnt scares the crap out of me!

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Yes cage is fine , hasn't been damaged at all , it's just the quarters and roof , but if I'm going to change them I might as well reshell it

182cup & 172 racecar

I asked this guy about his shells.:)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=4078140

Last edited:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Glad your all Ok, bugger i recently sold a mint Trophy rolling shell.!!

If you need any bits let me know as i have most stuff. If you were running with Merriman then thats pretty impressive, We did Llanbedr and he was quicker than us and nearly won the event but it was very point and sqirt so never be competative with a Darrian.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Have a new shell being prepped at the mo , hoping to get it back the end of the month and then send it off for paint , i'm hoping to have the car ready for the Mewla at the end of Aug , i'm doing the Harry Flatters up on Epynt a week sunday in my WRC car , so hoping I don't put that on its roof , won't get a £200 shell for that lol

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
What do you need exactly ? When I get the damaged car back here I'm stripping it and sending the suspension away for a service , haven't touched them since. I bought them so thought I'd better get them done

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
What do you need exactly ? When I get the damaged car back here I'm stripping it and sending the suspension away for a service , haven't touched them since. I bought them so thought I'd better get them done

How many clicks on each adjuster from full closed which is full clockwise. Front and rear.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
No lol just haven't found the time to do it , and after putting my WRC car through a hedge on the jersey rally , it hasn't been a good year for me !

The Clio coming along , it's about 75% finished now , shocks are with Zoltan , he said the front left is bent 0.25mm so waiting on parts for it , won't get them back till January now.
Should be getting the heated screen fitted this week ,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...0-9B44-4F1F-A238-1A57E46C6308_zpsfafve03s.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...4-FBB4-493D-84E0-B45BD4C4EB4A_zps4h74swck.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...8-DBCB-4EBB-B303-851AFE732B3E_zps6csetpxp.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...5-2F3B-45FC-A350-30E62213B2E3_zpsnuyomncv.jpg

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Haven't really touched the Clio in months , what time I do have has been spent on the WRC car , thankfully it seems right now , had to spend loads of time and money on it getting it right , bit of a p1sser when it was supposed to be 100 miles old from a fresh rebuild !

I do plan on getting the Clio finished in the next month or two , then decide if I sell it or not.

The WRC car certainly is faster than the Clio , so when I used to beat these kind of cars when rallying the Clio it does make you wonder what they were doing in them.

Did a rally a few weeks ago in west wales as a test ready for Ireland in two weeks time , all seems good , learned a lot about the car now the active diffs are working properly now , car ran faultlessly , and we came away with an outright win .
One of the in car stages here , I had my mechanic navigating for me as a thank you for all he does for me , he'd never navigated before so it was certainly a case of jumping in the deep end , the more stages we did the better he got

NSFW as a bit of swearing

Cheers Ian

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
HI
The front cross member on my race car is different to a standard 172 one , not as in it has the mounts welded in for the engine , but the rear of the race car one raises up at the back , and the standard 172 one is straight

Race car one

20151218_180619_zpsqkzzglkb.jpg

20151219_151506_zpsczzxitjq.jpg

Standard 172 one

20151218_180629_zpsbb3mp3q5.jpg

20151219_151513_zpssfgrqpxn.jpg

Does anyone know what the race car one is off , there are Renault stamps on the rear so its all a standard part as far as I can see bar the engine mounts on the front

Cheers Ian

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
It does but it's of a different design, I may be wrong but looks like a ph1 subframe.