ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 Clio Cup Race Car Hotlaps @ CSF 2023

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
We are pleased to announce that Andy Tucker (@Filters) and the team at High Row Motorsport will be returning to CSF again this year with their Clio Cup race car. A second car is also planned which will be announced shortly.

In return for a £20 donation to this years chosen charity, anyone with a valid driver or passenger wristband will be able to jump into the cars for a number of hot laps around the circuit.

Car 88 is currently in a close fight at the top of the ROWE Britcar Endurance Championship, with our very own @Filters at the wheel.

Demand is expected to be high, so don't miss out. Follow this thread for further info and keep an eye out for signage on the day.

220A0810.jpg 220A5091.jpg 293A0616.jpg

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers @Nik really looking forward to this!

For those wondering about the car, it's a factory X98 cup. 250bph with Sadev sequential, PFC calipers/discs/pads and weighing in at just over a tonne.
Winning the Clio Cup Championship in 2019 it comes with a fair bit of history. We've had multiple wins with it this season and currently sit 2nd overall.

In the dry it runs on Dunlop DZ03, in rain it runs on Goodyear wets so we'll be out regardless of the conditions on the day.
We'd love to help raise more funds for the clubs chosen charity as it's very close to home for a few of us in the team.

There's a few folk wanting laps already, £20 for at least 15 mins of fun for a good cause.
If you've got your own helmet then great, if not no need to worry we'll have plenty with us (y)

View attachment 57.mp4
View attachment 68.mp4

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I had some hot laps in this last year with your team mate, it was amazing to see how consistent a professional driver is in a proper race car, you'd think it'd be scary going absolutely balls the wall flat out lap after lap but the precision he attacked the corners was truly impressive, really shows you the difference between a trackday veteran putting a few laps together and a professional racer.

Well worth the money and it's for a damn good cause too.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I had some hot laps in this last year with your team mate, it was amazing to see how consistent a professional driver is in a proper race car, you'd think it'd be scary going absolutely balls the wall flat out lap after lap but the precision he attacked the corners was truly impressive, really shows you the difference between a trackday veteran putting a few laps together and a professional racer.

Well worth the money and it's for a damn good cause too.

Sounds Like that would of been the team owner, Mr Max Coates. Max had coached myself for a few years before adding me to his ranks in the Clio so I can safely say folk will be in for the same experience, just on a much bigger and faster circuit 👍

@Chode Lint popped along to our last race so can vouch for how much we push on regardless of conditions 😂 hope you've dried out mate!

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds Like that would of been the team owner, Mr Max Coates. Max had coached myself for a few years before adding me to his ranks in the Clio so I can safely say folk will be in for the same experience, just on a much bigger and faster circuit 👍

@Chode Lint popped along to our last race so can vouch for how much we push on regardless of conditions 😂 hope you've dried out mate!
I thought I recognised that car.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
We had Car 89 with us last year. 88 is new to the fleet and ever so slightly quicker IMO.
View attachment 1654865
Makes pit stops a nightmare with them both looking so similar though! 😂
If it’s the same car, my mate had it as part of a buy out and I put Max in touch with him. Max said he wanted to buy it back. I think I know you from British 24 hour days. I used to sponsor a few teams under SG Petch. Teesside Tigers, Fury and also some EKl teams. You were driving for Kartforce if I recall. It’s a while back now. Small world. I’ll throw a few quid at it if it’s for a good cause 👍 Not brave enough for a passenger ride. Too old 😂

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If it’s the same car, my mate had it as part of a buy out and I put Max in touch with him. Max said he wanted to buy it back. I think I know you from British 24 hour days. I used to sponsor a few teams under SG Petch. Teesside Tigers, Fury and also some EKl teams. You were driving for Kartforce if I recall. It’s a while back now. Small world. I’ll throw a few quid at it if it’s for a good cause 👍 Not brave enough for a passenger ride. Too old 😂

Small world for sure! Would that happen to be J Hislop? if so, then most certainly the same car 👍
That was a good few years back, I stepped in from their sister team to replace a driver. First 24hr in a kart :LOL: with many regrets. I was bruised for weeks afterwards! Appreciate that mate, but you're never too old for a few laps!

Cant wait to see this out on track again. I was behind car 89 for a few laps last year trying to hang on to Max's bumper.

I need to book a passenger lap but i'm an absolute sh*t bag in the passenger seat. How much to book the car for a session driving it :LOL:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll jump in for some hot laps with you @Filters don’t worry and don’t worry, I’ll make sure any feedback around how you can improve is both concise and constructive.
"Kept accidentally grabbing my inner thigh when going to change gears. Which is weird because it has a flappy paddle box.

I didn't say anything at the time as I was edging myself silly"

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cant wait to see this out on track again. I was behind car 89 for a few laps last year trying to hang on to Max's bumper.

I need to book a passenger lap but i'm an absolute sh*t bag in the passenger seat. How much to book the car for a session driving it :LOL:

Going well there, though that's little James behind the wheel who's back with us again this year.
No need to book the laps, we should have two cars running on the day so be plenty of time and space for everyone.

Sessions driving the car - I'm trying to sort something out there, but I am making zero promises!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Feedback can be relayed directly to the driver via our in car comms system.
Though please remember, motorsport is dangerous and you take part at your own risk 😆
Max couldn't scare me and I told him to, your turn this year, only bad driving scares me, pros ragging a race car around a track is my idea of fun, anything short of putting it on it's roof won't phase me, good luck.

(Assuming I have a working car by then)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Max couldn't scare me and I told him to, your turn this year, only bad driving scares me, pros ragging a race car around a track is my idea of fun, anything short of putting it on it's roof won't phase me, good luck.

(Assuming I have a working car by then)

Won't be attempting to scare anyone sorry to disappoint mate 😂 certainly won't be putting it on its roof either!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll reserve a space! Would love a lap or 2 in the passenger seat
More than welcome mate (y) are you bringing the Twingo?

Maybe @JB21 was on to something with booking/reserving laps, so I'll start a list of names below starting with those who have already shown an interest.
If those wanting laps could add themselves to it, that would be great 👌

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
More than welcome mate (y) are you bringing the Twingo?

Maybe @JB21 was on to something with booking/reserving laps, so I'll start a list of names below starting with those who have already shown an interest.
If those wanting laps could add themselves to it, that would be great 👌

Yeah i think I'll be bringing the twingo beast. On track the whole day but will probs let me bro share the driving so I can jump in

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
To add yourselves guys, please copy and paste the list below then add your username 🙏👍

Hot Laps - CSF23

1. DaveDreads
2. JB21
3. Call Me Dangerous Dave
4. Danith
5. Ph1 Tom
6. J-J
7. JP83

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
definitely not missing out in this opportunity! Nice one Andy

Hot Laps - CSF23

1. DaveDreads
2. JB21
4. Danith
5. Ph1 Tom
6. J-J
7. JP83
8. TRH_Racing (Ali)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
definitely not missing out in this opportunity! Nice one Andy

Hot Laps - CSF23

1. DaveDreads
2. JB21
4. Danith
5. Ph1 Tom
6. J-J
7. JP83
8. TRH_Racing (Ali)
Not a problem at all mate.

Seems this is filling up quite fast, currently sorting final details on the second car and will make an announcement for that on Friday.
On a personal note, it's amazing to see members willing to dip in to their pockets on the day to support a very worthy charity 🙏

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Apparently not mate, @Ph1 Tom has asked me to take his 14 year old lad for some laps.
If the track allows it then it's fine by me 👍 we'll have plenty of additional padding we can add to the passenger seat for the younger lot.
He’s 16 so he’ll be fine then. No padding needed, the little gobshite is the same size as me. 😂