ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little photography project anyone can try...

Clio 1.5 dci
Superb idea mate. Just had a quick go at it. :)
My best 2 I reckon :S

drops1a.gif

drops2a.gif

172cup
imho bridge is better. Most pics taken from a top of the line bridge camera are as good as DSLR's, and will struggle to tell the difference.

sorry thats a ridiculous comment.

you maybe right at small photos, but you smply cant use high ISO (well, not even high, 400) on thingys, bridge cams.
the sensors just cant compete.
not sure if theyve started putting bigger sonsors on bridge cameras apart from the r1? Il give you the r1. but thats SLR money anyway.

its the old phrase, buy right, or buy twice.
and ive bought twice.

edit : cool pics by the way, not my thing though.

Its not a rediculous comment by any means. First off, i said it was in my opinion... not a fact. I'm not saying the picture quality is better on a bridge, i meant the whole concept is better for me.

The ISO on my bridge camera regardless of numbers, copes with noise extremely well. The inbuilt engine helps to reduce it all the way to 2400.

The only comment you made i agree with... is that i probably would buy SLR next time. But unfortunately, thats got nothing to do with what you said... it's just what i had planned anyway.

edit: the Sony R1 sensor isn't big by comparitive sensors on bridge cams now

Last edited:
  172cup
Few from me... i really need to be patient, i get bored easily lol

P1010019Small.jpg

P1010038Small.jpg

P1010100Small.jpg

P1010101Small.jpg

P1010105Small.jpg

Thank you to ukaskew for helping to pass the time on a rather boring weekend lol

Revels Mum & Sister
sorry thats a ridiculous comment.

you maybe right at small photos, but you smply cant use high ISO (well, not even high, 400) on thingys, bridge cams.
the sensors just cant compete.
not sure if theyve started putting bigger sonsors on bridge cameras apart from the r1? Il give you the r1. but thats SLR money anyway.

its the old phrase, buy right, or buy twice.
and ive bought twice.

edit : cool pics by the way, not my thing though.

Its not a rediculous comment by any means. First off, i said it was in my opinion... not a fact. I'm not saying the picture quality is better on a bridge, i meant the whole concept is better for me.

The ISO on my bridge camera regardless of numbers, copes with noise extremely well. The inbuilt engine helps to reduce it all the way to 2400.

The only comment you made i agree with... is that i probably would buy SLR next time. But unfortunately, thats got nothing to do with what you said... it's just what i had planned anyway.

edit: the Sony R1 sensor isn't big by comparitive sensors on bridge cams now

I would interesting to see what your idea of a good picture with high ISO on the camera is like.

Have you got any examples of ISO 400, 800 and higher. I remember someone posting a picture of a high ISO on a bridge camera and it looked AWFUL much like a cheap 40 quid camera would take.

Awesome piccys. Might give this a crack when I get 5 minutes

172cup
^^i remember that post... wasn't me.

I'll send you some pics of ISO400 and ISO800 by PM if you like, this isn't what the thread is about.

1.8 Civic EX
Chris your photogaphy skills actually scare me sometimes...lol

I'l be giving this a go at somepoint. Don't have a flash gun, just the attached flash though...asuming that doesn't matter too much if you can these sorts of pics with non SLR cameras...

Revels Mum & Sister
Not bad at all, However IMO ISO 800 and higher are quite easy to spot the noise. Still good though. Pictures with a darker background ;)

172cup
Not bad at all, However IMO ISO 800 and higher are quite easy to spot the noise. Still good though. Pictures with a darker background ;)

oh come on!!! you know its good lol.... ive seen plenty of high end slr's take much worse pics for noise at such high ISO

Revels Mum & Sister
I never said they were bad but I disagree with your last comment. What high end DSLR are you referring too?

Revels Mum & Sister
They are better than expected. I was expecting pictures like the ones that were posted before LOL.

Those are amazing,incredible that you can take that sort of quality without dslr

imho bridge is better. Most pics taken from a top of the line bridge camera are as good as DSLR's, and will struggle to tell the difference.

As good as bridge cameras are, imo they have not got the capability to produce shots as good as budget SLR's.

Its not about the pic quality, but the shutter speed and more importantly aperture..... i have yet too see a bridge camera that can match the aperture of any SLR.

But that just my opinion!

Cracking shots have been posted!!

** your pics are good at high iso, but the last 2 pics are both 1250 and the iso 800 one is actuallly iso 400 ;)

Last edited:
Lol exposed, so no point in me adding but what the hell, try those images with a darker backdrop and more shadows. Also DSLR's are capable of producing lots of noise but this is a result of poor exposure by the user.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
nice pics on here, the combination of water and flash is wicked, here is one i did for a product advertising shot at uni, i know its a little different to others but thought i would post it up anyway

smallghost0kb.jpg

172cup
** your pics are good at high iso, but the last 2 pics are both 1250 and the iso 800 one is actuallly iso 400 ;)

I've screwed that up then eh!? lol

I took about 50 pics... and and done them in order hense the names. I've uploaded incorrectly then... will rectify later. Sorry

FF Blackgold 182
Really good pics Chris. Well that's some free time taken up with me trying that! :)

I'll let you know how I get on. Weather has been so crap lately! :dapprove:

I was incredibly sick yesterday (think I got that Norbert-Virus thing) so I was a bit shocked looking in today to see how far this thread had gone! Awesome results, loving the ones on the compact cameras especially, just goes to show what you can do with a bit of creativity. Not too many in the way of 'bad' cameras out there these days so most things are do-able with the most basic of cameras.

I didn't post specific settings at the time, but I was shooting in manual mode, ISO200, f22 and 1/500 shutter speed, just using the D50 onboard flash (hence the light sparkles all over my pics, really you need a flash away from the camera)

I used f22 to get as much depth of field as possible (it was still tiny), and I used 1/500 because that's the fastest speed my D50 will synch with the flash at.

...and I hate to get wrangled in this DSLR vs. Bridge Camera 'argument', but I would never say a bad word against bridge cameras, considering the range, compactness and quality of most of them they are a superb tool for loads of people who want something a bit more manual than a compact, but don't want to/can't spend on a DSLR with loads of lens.

My FZ10/20 taught me 75% of what I know today, being limited to a set lens really opens things up creatively.

To get this range of shots from a DSLR would cost £1k+ and require a large rucksack, yet my trusty Panasonic FZ did all of this out of the box...

Panasonic FZ20
145097648-L.jpg

and a few various other pics...

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/77665770-L.jpg
http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/82045907-L.jpg
http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/7022578-L.jpg
http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/82298791-L.jpg

^^^ Second and third shots are absurdly sharp, great shots.

What lens / settings did you use? Looks like a very fast shutter speed, water is almost ice-like.

172cup
best pics by far yet....

meady100's (although suspiciously nicked off a webdesigners website - unless it's his lol)
water_small.jpg

ukaskew's
244898867-L.jpg

172cup
is there any benefit to increasing the shutter speed to anything near 1/2500 ??

can't seem to find a reason for this as of yet

is there any benefit to increasing the shutter speed to anything near 1/2500 ??

No idea mate, try it and see! Your flash won't get anywhere near that speed so I'm not sure what will happen.

At a guess it will become 10 times harder to get a shot, as you have to be even more precise with your timing.

Cupra
This inspired me to have a go. There is nothing ground breaking but it was fun all the same. Cheers for the suggestion.

Perhaps it would be an idea to have one of these a week.. a theme or something for people to have a go at if they wanted?

img0963webbf5.jpg

img0960webdb6.jpg

img0954webzo0.jpg

img0947websg6.jpg

img0939webln9.jpg

img0839webte7.jpg

img0841weblt0.jpg

img0905weboc8.jpg

img0924webtn2.jpg

172cup
bloody good shots there... and i agree with the 'theme week'' lol....

although... far far far too many people putting me to shame.

I got a camera for christmas, and only really been playing since then. Prior to that i knew absolutely naff-all... so i reckon i'm not doing too badly lol

This inspired me to have a go. There is nothing ground breaking but it was fun all the same. Cheers for the suggestion.

Perhaps it would be an idea to have one of these a week.. a theme or something for people to have a go at if they wanted?

Love the second to last shot. Any ideas how you got 'crowns' instead of blobs for some shots?

Good idea for the winter months, have a little idea every week or fortnight to play around with. I'm sure there are loads of things that can be done easily in and around the house with no particuarly special equipment. Will have a look into it.

Id be up for a weekly challenge or something. I had a go, but my results are awful in comparison to all yours.

I just couldnt seem to get it to focus properly! :eek: :(

172cup
Id be up for a weekly challenge or something. I had a go, but my results are awful in comparison to all yours.

i'm the same mate... i ended up focussing on something next to it, and then panning round to keep the same focal length (hope that works).

Even on manual focus... i couldn't get a sharp pic at all.

i'm the same mate... i ended up focussing on something next to it, and then panning round to keep the same focal length (hope that works).

Even on manual focus... i couldn't get a sharp pic at all.

Manual focus, then take a spoon or stick or some sort or pointy thing and place it in the water, move back and forward until appears sharp. Remember where that spot was, aim for it and spray and pray...