ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little photography project anyone can try...

Cool....., but you ain't gonna get a crown-shaped rebound off a hard top are you? What if you take the top off the bottle, brim it and then drop in....?

actually yes you will, with a small amount of surface water and a drop its far easier to get a crown then a drop into a large volume of water.

Nikon D700
i finally tried it:

4303894061_6812b6b995.png

LY 182 FF CUPPED
me being silly!!!
You can do it with any camera, its the flash that captures the droplets.
Off camera flash will work better and one that allows manual adjustment.

Are Phase Ones better than that?! Looking into either or...

Don't be silly, i don't want to spend that much on my first DSLR!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Really is a good thing for those dark cold nights!

I have tried a few of them but concentrated more on the reverse! Making paint dance and getting the shot when the paint rises off the speaker.

8697886725_65936c2d8e_z.jpg

Paint party-5 by A_Cro, on Flickr

8699010674_6a0f2fa4bd_z.jpg

Paint party-4 by A_Cro, on Flickr

Will be trying more this year. Think I'll need a higher F stop though to keep everything sharp (shot with a 105mm Macro lens). Or I might try with the 50mm.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Like those Scrooge. Nice lighting. Can you remember the setup?

I failed doing this afternoons as I didn't go and get the paint I wanted :(

As I don't have a flash gun I used a warm white GU10 LED, a frying pan placed in front of a white shoe box and also an orange shoe box lid to make the darker shots at the top. For the drop I used a broom handle suspenped over the top of the pan that held a bag full of milk with a single hole so the milk dropped in the exact same place everytime. I focused the camera with my finger where the drops were landing whilst it was on the tripod. I had the camera set to continuous shooting. Was good fun!