ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little photography project anyone can try...

I took the BluePete Budweiser crown challenge, I failed but got some pretty cool shots anyway, this was messy!

247383205-L.jpg

247383311-L.jpg

247384096-L.jpg

Last edited:
  Iceberg 172
I took the BluePete Budweiser crown challenge, I failed but got some pretty cool shots anyway, this was messy!

247384096-L.jpg

Cool....., but you ain't gonna get a crown-shaped rebound off a hard top are you? What if you take the top off the bottle, brim it and then drop in....?

Partner's Astra SRi
Well I don't mind the bump, I'd never seen this before...really interesting. Don't think the camera in this household is good enough to have a go though :(

FF RB 182
Cool....., but you ain't gonna get a crown-shaped rebound off a hard top are you? What if you take the top off the bottle, brim it and then drop in....?

Or get as much water sat on there as you can beforehand.

Well I don't mind the bump, I'd never seen this before...really interesting. Don't think the camera in this household is good enough to have a go though :(

Compact cameras are generally much better at macro straight out of the box than most DSLRs, worth a try, anyhow.

Nippy white cup
Here are a few of mine...didn't spend much time setting it up or trying different methods but these don't look too bad apart from the focus could have been set up better

3196752806_4048f3382b_b.jpg

3195905163_bd9c158e77_b.jpg

3196745816_889485725e_b.jpg

3195898025_6b3edd0863_b.jpg

3195894091_3b23679130_b.jpg

Cheers

Chris

White APE
HELP!

Trying to give this a go as we speak and the only way i can get the camera to focus on the brim of the glass is if im miles away from the actually glass. Ive tried from 18-200mm, manual and auto focus.

What am i doing wrong.

Minimum focus distance of 18-200 probably means you need to have the lens quite far back - what lens you using??

White APE
Camera is D60. Ive tried with the kit 18-55 and also my new 55-200. Only way i could get any focus was to be about 6ft away at 200mm and even then it was crap. Cant see what im doing wrong. Ive tried nearly every mm and been dancing round the room with the tripod to find the right distance. :(

Looking at extremeinferno's pics he's using the same kit yet i cant even get the damn thing in focus, let alone get decent pics.

1.8 Civic EX
don't forget that a fair few of these pics would have been cropped, i know mine were...so zoom out a bit to aid in focusing then just crop the pic down after...

Cupra
Using a tripod, stick your finger in the middle of the glass, find the focal point and then stick the lens in manual focus.

1.8 Civic EX
I just had another go, being off sick and day time tv = try anything to keep entertained lol will post up in a bit....

1.8 Civic EX
After about 90 shots, here's my fav 3..

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

1-1.jpg

if someone has photoshop and wants to blank out all the extra droplets/reflections in the orange background for me that would be dandy :)

White APE
Well i soon found out you take alot of pics just to get a decent few.

Heres the best of the bunch.

water in a stone pessel (Sp?)

splash2.jpg

splash.jpg

Orange Juice:
orange.jpg

Orange juice + milk:
DSC_0120.jpg

Water in glass:

touchdown.jpg

minicrown.jpg

Goingin.jpg

Droplet.jpg

My personal fav :D

3sacrowd.jpg

3sacrowd1.jpg

Bar the few crops, they're straight off the camera.

Rally bus
I've never done drip shots before, here's two efforts... I was trying to get the water in the centre of the shadow of the spoon in the first one but failed :eek:

drip04.jpg

drip03.jpg