ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dingers CSCC Tin Top Build

clio cup
LOL,

Dont all get worried yet,, 170BHP might be the limit of my talent!
And we all have to run out of that at some point.

I've yet to speak with my engine builder about spec, so what I want and what I can afford may be two different things, But still good news that I have some available funds to invest in the car.

See you next year (in my mirrors):rasp:

WRX
Stick with what you've got Russ, sounds fine to me, take an HT lead out and shove a potato up your exhaust. Might give me half a chance then.

clio cup
So the winter banter has started, lol

I'm not getting the cup hub set up so I'll be the token "Suzuki swift" that comes past you on the straight, only to dissapear into the gravel at the next corner!

clio cup
The car mechanically isnt too bad, subframe bent, drivers side hub broken but it does need a shell change,

Not sure whether I cought the kebing, They have built a great big sausage on the inside of this corner recently due to the new track limits rule, In all honesty I was going in a bit hot and missed third gear coming down the box so that didnt help, But have a feeling my left right front took a bit of the concrete sausage and pushed what was an already unbalanced car over.

I'll post some more pics ina while

clio cup
Thanks Nick,

I'm feeling a bit achey and a brusied right elbow but they checked me out in the medical centre and all is ok,

clio cup
It was lovely Martin, I really enjoyed it, that really excited me when the only thing I had to hold onto fell off!

It was lovely Martin, I really enjoyed it, that really excited me when the only thing I had to hold onto fell off!

Lol sorry that didn't sound how I meant it!!

What I meant is you didn't get any serious injuries, which is the most important thing.

Cage seemed to hold the roof in really well!

clio cup
Tis ok Martin, was just being sarcaaaaarstic!, lol

I was quite impressed too, but it seemed that the roof never touch the floor

1038753D-14FE-4C23-96EF-523A580C908E-671-000000B40E1B7A4F_zpsbc61dc38.jpg

08D24D21-FEA7-4606-8C3D-F06A8B71D409-671-000000B40071A787_zpsc7dd41e2.jpg

8710745C-6FDF-48B6-8F1B-B12D89335F9A-671-000000B3F3F7B69F_zpsf4226fcc.jpg

BCF4B01F-EBC3-4E14-A96B-0220A5A4C4C5-671-000000B3EC5A80A7_zps770e6c17.jpg

clio cup
Sorry to see that Dave! Hope you are okay and can get back out soon. If I can be of any help with anything just shout.

Thanks James,
How much to rent your car? lol.

Fingers crossed I should have something sorted by Rockingham, we'll see as there is not much mechanical damage. Just the shell

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Dave do you want a tatty ph1 shell?

I'm in the process of ripping out the wiring running gear etc but the shell was going to get binned off..

Thanks James,
How much to rent your car? lol.

Fingers crossed I should have something sorted by Rockingham, we'll see as there is not much mechanical damage. Just the shell

Haha don't know but its sat ready to go lol!

I work in Essex during the week so if you need any help in evenings just let me know

clio cup
Dave do you want a tatty ph1 shell?

I'm in the process of ripping out the wiring running gear etc but the shell was going to get binned off..

I can also give you a ph1 shell if any good from Suffolk!

glad to hear your ok!

Thanks for the offer guys, I'm not sure what my plans are yet, I may buy a complete car or wait for a shell with a cage already in

clio cup
How was the car before the roll? Much improved? Any bright sides to look at :)

The car initaily felt alot tighter with better turn in, The back end was alot stiffer but still getting some understeer, I'd only done 2 laps before my shunt and Paul and James had sent me out just to bed the new pads in and see how the car felt.
It felt good so was trying to find its limit,, Should of tried at a different corner really, but I have never minded getting it wrong here as there is plenty of run off, Little did I know I would catch that new concrete sausage!

If I hadnt of missed third gear I dont think we'd be having this conversation.

ah, blimey sorry to see\read this Dave, your ok that's the main thing. We're off there on 13th and I was looking at all the barriers (in your vid) they've put on the infield on Hamilton etc...MSA taking the no wheels going off seriously.

Hope you can get hold off a decent shell and get up and running again soon.

Truly gutted mate, as mentioned today on the phone, at least your ok...

If you need any help or bits o repair the car give me a shout as i have spares laying around.

Gutted :(

Ps these rumble strips are not good, two of my offs have been due to then being raised and car sliding into them.

clio cup
Thanks to everyone for their sentiments and offers of help,

In the true spirit of motorsport me and the boys at Mumbray Motorsport will try and get the car ready for Rockingham.