ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dingers CSCC Tin Top Build

If no one behind leave the do open. But you can go middle towards inside line to block, they either squeeze past on grass or shoot up the inside on the exit, either way defending is a no win, brake later and harder gets my vote...with in reason though.

182cup & 172 racecar
Well done Dave, I know you struggled to get to Donny, so good on you. Again, thank Paul and James for me , they are a good couple of lads. Paul esp for helping me with the genny, low oil, whatever next.

Good results mate, well done.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Dave I was there yesterday hanging round with James and Tony, everytime I came to say hi you were up to something or had disappeared. Nice job yesterday anyway some good finishes.

clio cup
Well done Dave, I know you struggled to get to Donny, so good on you. Again, thank Paul and James for me , they are a good couple of lads. Paul esp for helping me with the genny, low oil, whatever next.

Good results mate, well done.

Thanks Tony,

I'm really chuffed with the weekend, Holding 7th from grid in the first race, and although I dropped a place in the second race due to me running out of talent on Craner curves, I still managed to finish 4th in class, With this being only my 2nd meeting I'll take that with open arms, the four cars infront of me had more power, more devolpment and more experienced drivers, you just cant pay for that kind of thing. (I couldnt afford it anyway)

There is a great feeling of hospitality in the paddock with everyone mucking in where needed, whether its a broken (suspect) generator or a fellow driver who may need a wheel and tyre just to get out for the next race (thanks Tony)

James and Paul are great, I honestly dont think the car would be as good as it is with out them, James has been giving trackside support profesionally for some years now and really does know his stuff, But he does like a drink! Lucky Paul was walking your that night as a Drunk James is as usefull as a chocolate tea pot!!

Although I'm very pleased with the weekend I'm not proud!!! I am however proud to say that I have the best mates in the world who all put their hands in pockets and enabled me to race this weekend, James and Paul were two of these Pals. and not just to pay my entry, My tow car was on empty 20 miles from Donington and was relying on another good friend to be there Sunday as he had also offered funds to be there, I'm so glad he turned up otherwise I'd still be there.

clio cup
Dave I was there yesterday hanging round with James and Tony, everytime I came to say hi you were up to something or had disappeared. Nice job yesterday anyway some good finishes.

Thanks Mate,

My intentions were not to avoid you mate, It gets a bit manic in my head still and need to go for a wander,,,, When I come in from a race, James and Paul tell me to get out and go for a walk as I just dont make any sense for about 10 minutes afterwards, lol,

clio cup
Another teaser! bit un called for I reckon, not sure whether I'm more cheesed off with the hit or cheeky git coming down the inside into the chicane after trying to punt me off, lol

[youtube]UvJP8LPNqXY&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/youtube]

clio cup
Yep:rasp:
At about 3mins
[video=youtube_share;cQj3bq7jJk0]http://youtu.be/cQj3bq7jJk0?t=3m[/video]

Fair doo's,

I'll see your flat in 4th and raise you a flat in 4th on the limiter!

[youtube]nlhkIN5_3yU&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/youtube]

clio cup
I moved over to the right as far as I could as I'd new he would squeeze me, He was straight as I passed him so my only thoughts were he done it on purpose, you can see me moving over to give as much room,
Then so come down the other side of me and force me to comprimse my entry into the shicane was a bit off!
When I pulled into parc ferme he couldnt apologise fast enough and was almost crying, lol,
By the looks of his car at the end he'd hit a few others too,

parts needed,
new wheel
wheel bearing/disc
quarter panel repair
stickers

clio cup
Kamikaze Jap stuff attacking you.

Oh, the ones that come past me on the grass?, lol

I think there was alot of people that wasnt happy with the two suzuki swifts antics! both cars are super fast in a straight line but cant corner for toffee!

182cup & 172 racecar
I think the guy in the Black and Orange one has been banned for next year, I forced him off at Coppice, he was annoying me.

clio cup
I think the guy in the Black and Orange one has been banned for next year, I forced him off at Coppice, he was annoying me.

Really?

It wasnt on was it,,,, his mate in the red Swift is an experienced driver but seems to force his way through the corners on the grass as the car cant take a tighter line, lol, Not as bad as the black/orange one but not very sportsman like in club motorpsort,,,
If you have a fast car it should have the handling to match,,, only fair!

clio cup
Donington Park TARC winter series race report

Team DMB Racing/Mumbray Motorsport arrived at Donny on the Saturday so we could set up our marquee and sleeping facilities, get the car all ready for Sunday without any dramas or rushing around, It was damp but not wet,
We managed to get signed on and scruitinered that day so the pressure was off in the morning as times would of been very tight to say the least, with everything set up and car ready other than a dust down we set off to the "local" shops to get our dinner for the evening.
whilst away the sky opened up with torrential rain, got back and found the marquee,car tools and spares drowned! the tarpaulin we had put down over the stoney ground was now a swimming pool, not great!
Sunday arrives...........

Still wet and with recent rain showers the track has standing water and we decide to go out on the wets, Having not driven Donington before I certainly wasnt going to be setting any lap records! however, We manged 7th on the grid with a 1 min 40 sec lap, The whole team was well pleased with, especially in a 38 car grid,

Roll on Race 1,
Qualifying footage

[youtube]UI4LCOlnCcA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/youtube]

clio cup
Race 1 report

Made a half decent start but got a little wheel spin but we were back in the dry with the dunlops so managed to keep with everyone, although the MR2's were chasing at my heals already off the line, As I turn into Redgate the back end goes, to what I thought at the time was an un reteavable angle, with full left lock and my foot to the floor it suddenly came back round, and not even losing a place,
Got through Craner Curves without issue and now catching back up to Jason in his Honda S200, just coming on to Dunlop straight he gets abit squiffy where the tarmac changed and I shoot down the inside gaining the place, thinking I was clear of him and even moving over to the right to give "racing room" I get hit in the nearside rear quarter,,,,, Almost putting me into a spin, Well, dont know what happend there, looked in my mirrow and Jason is right on my rear bumper! As I pull over the left side to get back my line for the chicane Jason shoots down the offside of me comprimising my entry into the turn....... Charming!!!!
Well, thats my side of it and Jason did hastily come and see my in parc ferme to apologise which I accepted (so please, no lengthy debates about the above)
Kind of settled in there for the rest of the race, and finished in 7th,, Happy days!

[youtube]UWF_L1GmDFU&hd=1[/youtube]

182cup & 172 racecar
Donington Park TARC winter series race report

Team DMB Racing/Mumbray Motorsport arrived at Donny on the Saturday so we could set up our marquee and sleeping facilities, get the car all ready for Sunday without any dramas or rushing around, It was damp but not wet,
We managed to get signed on and scruitinered that day so the pressure was off in the morning as times would of been very tight to say the least, with everything set up and car ready other than a dust down we set off to the "local" shops to get our dinner for the evening.
whilst away the sky opened up with torrential rain, got back and found the marquee,car tools and spares drowned! the tarpaulin we had put down over the stoney ground was now a swimming pool, not great!
Sunday arrives...........

Still wet and with recent rain showers the track has standing water and we decide to go out on the wets, Having not driven Donington before I certainly wasnt going to be setting any lap records! however, We manged 7th on the grid with a 1 min 40 sec lap, The whole team was well pleased with, especially in a 38 car grid,

Roll on Race 1,
Qualifying footage

[youtube]UI4LCOlnCcA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/youtube]

Dave, Quali vid is listed as private

clio cup
Race 2,

Finished race 1 in 7th so started on the grid from there,, Moved over to the left this time and see if taking the long way round would work,, It did to the fact that I didnt do any showboating round redgate and held my position, coming through Craners I see James spin off infront of me into the gravel taking a marker board with him. I had lost some ground on the orange civic though so took me the rest of the lap to get back on him, The white 306 ran wide at redgate on the second lap which made the civic driver lift and was able to get on the back of him, by the main straight and making a good exit from the chicane I passed the civic down the main straight,
Now I need to get clear of him as 6th was my highest position, I set my sights on the Peugeot 306 which I am slowly gaining on, but by lap 5 my alternator packs up and lose power in the top end rev range, I reckon the fuel pump was struggling to supply at 10v. It was only a matter of time before the class B subaru catches as he started at the back of the grid due to a DNF in the first race, which puts me back in 7th.
The next lap I take too much kerb at Craners and with the revs so high it un settles the car pushing me across the track just touching the grass, this puts me spinning through the curves and almost coming to a halt at the bottom of the hill in the gravel, I did mange to keep it moving and got back on track, only to be passed by the civic, Now I'm in 8th, I'd obviously done some damage to the tyres in the slide as the vibration was almost unbearable, I could hardly see where I was going, but knowing I had to finish to get my signitures and I didnt know where James Ashton was, Had to finish infront of him after his off on the first lap.
I struggled through to the end in 8th place, A good result though as I had finished 4th in class.
Very happy with that.
Got back to the paddock and it looks like only one tyre will need replacing,,,, A very kind fellow driver offered me one of his spare wheels/tyres for the third race, Thank you, you know who you are!

Race2 footage

[youtube]VHLsL3vPPxw&hd=1[/youtube]

clio cup
Thanks Gents,

I wasnt joking when I said I had never driven Donington Park,
Here is proof! thats a copy of the "Donington Park Circuit Guide" I'm reading, lol

2davidbell012_zpsd558594d.jpg

clio cup
Not much of an update but it now looks like funds will allow for throttle bodies, ECU and some engine work over winter.