ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Rally Car Video

Enough about the engine schmengine.

What is the gearbox (ST75?)?
What are the ratios?
What is the final drive?
What diff are you using?
And whats the tyre size?

Many thanks.

Clio Cup UK 182 Rally Car
Engine pics on the project thread, so have a look on there.

The gearbox is an ST-75 second generation, ratios are standard cup race car ratios with a 12/55 final drive. Top speed at 7600rpm is 109mph on 15' Kumhos with a o/a diameter of 580mm and 883 revs/mile.

The diff is the sadev plated limited slip diff - nice piece of kit!

Golf GTD Mk7
ScootyMotorsport said:

The gearbox is an ST-75 second generation, ratios are standard cup race car ratios with a 12/55 final drive. Top speed at 7600rpm is 109mph on 15' Kumhos with a o/a diameter of 580mm and 883 revs/mile.

How much that set you back if you don't mind me asking ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
ScootyMotorsport said:
Yeah mainly just the Midlands Championship, but there are a few rallys that I stray north for - The Jim Clark later in the year which is a big closed-public-road stage rally in the Scottish Boarders, the Pendragon stages at Penrith, Neil Howard stages at Blyton near Gainsborough. I'll let people know what events im doing, when and where. If you join the facebook group it will say on there when I've entered them!

Nice one. Already signed up :D

Clio 182ff
I love how feisty the car is round the corners, blarring away like a whippit on a spare rib!

the best bit is about half way thru whereby he almost bins it into a wooden lamp post - just awesome.

great post and great work K-tec :cool:

Thanks, did you reduce the final drive because you felt the gearing on the standard cup box was a little tall with the original cup 15/56 final drive? How usable would your box be with the 15/56 fd?

Thanks for the luck messages guys!

Thanks, did you reduce the final drive because you felt the gearing on the standard cup box was a little tall with the original cup 15/56 final drive? How usable would your box be with the 15/56 fd?

The standard final drive in the race cars is 17/55 IIRC. That gave me a top speed of 144mph (eventually) which I would never use on a rally stage. The reason I altered to a 12/55 was because I was planning on making the shell into kit-car spec, wide arched, wide beamed, wide wishbones etc and running it on 17" wheels. The 12/55 would have given me about 125/130mph top speed, ideal for rallying.

I was looking into a 15/56 as this would be so much better with the 15" wheels, but the as the euro is now so strong, the final drive would cost in excess of £1500 before it has even been fitted. :S :dead:

Last edited:
  clio172 cup rally car
scott your car looks and sounds great. we currently run a 172cup in the scottish tarmack championship . late last year the engine was uprated to a similar spec as yours but on our first event an inlet valve snapped !! any advice on valves and valve springs would be appreciated also what is your rev limiter set at ?
cheers for any help
will philip

Thanks for the luck messages guys!

The standard final drive in the race cars is 17/55 IIRC. That gave me a top speed of 144mph (eventually) which I would never use on a rally stage. The reason I altered to a 12/55 was because I was planning on making the shell into kit-car spec, wide arched, wide beamed, wide wishbones etc and running it on 17" wheels. The 12/55 would have given me about 125/130mph top speed, ideal for rallying.

I was looking into a 15/56 as this would be so much better with the 15" wheels, but the as the euro is now so strong, the final drive would cost in excess of £1500 before it has even been fitted. :S :dead:

Is this a european cup car racer originally ot a uk one? If its a UK car, when was the STDSA taken out and fitted with a ST75?

Hi Willy,

All I can say is talk to Andy at KTec (KTec on here) and he will be sure to sort you out. He knows everything you need to about the F4R - he's your man!

Our limiter is set at 7600 I think. You don't really want to rev them more than that with standard lifters/valves.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scott

scott your car looks and sounds great. we currently run a 172cup in the scottish tarmack championship . late last year the engine was uprated to a similar spec as yours but on our first event an inlet valve snapped !! any advice on valves and valve springs would be appreciated also what is your rev limiter set at ?
cheers for any help
will philip

Is this a european cup car racer originally ot a uk one? If its a UK car, when was the STDSA taken out and fitted with a ST75?

It was a show car at Palmer Sport in the UK, built to EU spec though. It was never raced in anger, it sat in the show room in the Palmer Sport base at Bedford Autodrome. Was a mint shell, had done about 1 hours work when I had it!! Engine and box had less than 100 miles on it.

It was a show car at Palmer Sport in the UK, built to EU spec though. It was never raced in anger, it sat in the show room in the Palmer Sport base at Bedford Autodrome. Was a mint shell, had done about 1 hours work when I had it!! Engine and box had less than 100 miles on it.

Thanks for the answers.

clio172 cup rally car
Hi Willy,

All I can say is talk to Andy at KTec (KTec on here) and he will be sure to sort you out. He knows everything you need to about the F4R - he's your man!

Our limiter is set at 7600 I think. You don't really want to rev them more than that with standard lifters/valves.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scott

thanks for the info scott