ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

clio diesel
How much stress does this launch control business put on the various component? I cant see a renault lasting long going through that too often.

clio diesel
Good bye 200!

Seems pretty spot on, i have managed a 15.1 in mine.

Hmm, based on pervious tolerences seen between cars renault build i think a one off drag race proves very little. Dont some cars renault claim have 200 bhp actually have around 180?

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio diesel
Cant be healthy on the clutch.

Because launch control is a feature, are there some small print in the warranty about it? I mean if they have it as a feature then surely they expect owners to use it, which im sure they will be tempted to do. Can see a lot of claims under warranty when things break or wear if this is the case.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Good bye 200!

Seems pretty spot on, i have managed a 15.1 in mine.

LOL just LOL!

Love how stromba now bringing up clutch issues. Won't do the 200 clutch much good either!

200 last of the true hot hatchs pmsl!

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio diesel
LOL just LOL!

Love how stromba now bringing up clutch issues. Won't do the 200 clutch much good either!

200 last of the true hot hatchs pmsl!

I totally expected the turbo car to win in a drag race. Not having a go at the turbo, just interested how reliable the car is likely to be and what issues it might have.

Really nothing is proven anyway until the turbo beats the 1 in front in a drag race (joke)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Seen the 200 vs 200T in an acceleration test but I bet the 200 can stop faster - all because it can go from 6th to 1st, being a manual box.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm liking this colour best I only got my 197 cause it was white.......

Time will tell if they do a cup pack later in the year! Could be looking for an ex demo not buying new again!!!

Yes. Definitely.

red callipers mean cup pack.

i think I like the white more than the LY tbh.

Aye, I know there is, my response was to Mesa ;-)

clio diesel
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Renaultsport-Clio-200-Turbo-2013-CAR-review/

The new Clio RS isn’t as satisfying to drive as its predecessor – the more relaxed nature of its engine and chassis, and reduced interactivity of its twin-clutch gearbox sees to that. It’s still better than a VW Polo GTi or Alfa Mito Cloverleaf a very quick little car in its own right, but that Renaultsport magic is lacking just a little.
On the other hand, it is now a much more appealing daily proposition than before. I ran the outgoing Clio RS for eight months, and while it was a brilliant little hot hatch to blast over the back roads around CAR HQ, it was a bugger to actually live with.

We’re intrigued to see whether the Cup version of the Clio RS 200 Turbo might prove the perfect compromise when we try one UK roads, but for now the new Ford Fiesta ST has already proven itself as rather good, and we test the Peugeot 208 GTi in just a few weeks time…

IMO it's looking like Renault might have hit the sweet spot with this car. Refined and pleasant and enough in casual guise to sell in greater numbers to the casual buyer (ergo most people) and yet sporty and edgy enough in Cup guise (black rims blah blah) to appeal to the younger audience. And the remaining tiny percentage of the global market (us) will probably buy one anyway once we have learned that atmospheric engines are for queers unless they have capacity and cylinders. Obviously a generalisation but you get my point.

Still lolling a little bit at the last of of the school race cars getting schooled in a drag race by a 1.6 family wagon. Not my thing, as I said, but it will defo irk some on here ;)

172, Tiguan
I don't care either way, but there was only going to be one winner between a turbo car with dsg and launch control against a car where the peddler has to change gears himself and the power band is between 5 and 7.5k. Anyone that has driven a MK3 RS will tell you that off cam the thing is average at best.

Look forward to having a go in one, but I think it needs to grow on me a bit.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Because launch control is a feature, are there some small print in the warranty about it? I mean if they have it as a feature then surely they expect owners to use it, which im sure they will be tempted to do. Can see a lot of claims under warranty when things break or wear if this is the case.

Nissan GTR warranty doesn't cover launch control.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough I was talking to a Porsche instructor from their Silverstone thing, he was saying how extremely tested the Porsche systems are. 997T and 991 were the 2 he spoke off. As my boss was testing the 991 and has a 997T.

Warranty intact no matter how many times it's used. Impressive.

Listerine & Poledo
How much stress does this launch control business put on the various component? I cant see a renault lasting long going through that too often.

Door mirrors won't be covered under the warranty if more than 0 launches have been made.

Clutch is warrantied for 6 years or 40,000yrds, whichever comes first. Any use of launch control will invalidate all warranty claims and force settlement of any outstanding finance

Fiesta ST2
^___ it does indeed. It covers models from 2012 on I think and any older model that has had the rewrite of the launch control to stop it taking off at 4000rpm odd. Instead now it takes off at 2,300 or something silly.

Renault also say you are free to use launch control and it will detect if its over stressing components and kill the power if required.

TBF they're not really comparable anyway. The GT-R has about a billion pounds foot dumped through a drivetrain with 4WD traction. Not really the same as an FWD car with modest torque and far less grip.

Plus let's be frank. It's not like Clios of old have had bullet proof drivetrains. This will probably last longer than the old gearbox even if you used launch control to beat dk from every set of traffic lights you ever stop at.

clio diesel
Would anyone who can actually afford one (ie has the cash) actually buy one? What are the estimates of the likely discounts they will sell at based on past renault price cutting? Do they discount eh megane 265 from list price for example?

I think they're having you on, ordering doesn't open until April and they take 3 month to build.

They don't take three months to build. The build schedule might mean it's three months from order, but it doesn't take three months to build one car. Probably less than 24 hours from stillages to trim and final. In any case, they will already have built hundreds of units.

I'm not suggesting Danny's information is either accurate or inaccurate. Just saying.