ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Clio 200
I really don't understand the distain people are constantly spouting about it.

I get it, you don't like/want it. Why keep going on about it? If you don't like it so much why keep telling people that don't give a f**k; i.e me?

Because I can.

Clio 200
Why are you still in this thread? We all get that you don't like it so please stop forcing your opinion on others when they say they like it.

Also why do people want to force a gear change to first doing 70mph?

Now how could I possibly 'force' my opinion on you or any other forum user for that matter? You have a positive opinion about the new model, I have a negative opinion about the new model. Both opinions are valid, so get over it.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Now how could I possibly 'force' my opinion on you or any other forum user for that matter? You have a positive opinion about the new model, I have a negative opinion about the new model. Both opinions are valid, so get over it.

You never answered my question, why are you still in this thread?

Are you expecting it to magically look like a 1*2 with three doors, some turinis and a manual gearbox just so you can then say you love it then w**k yourself into a coma?

Clio 200
You never answered my question, why are you still in this thread?

Are you expecting it to magically look like a 1*2 with three doors, some turinis and a manual gearbox just so you can then say you love it then w**k yourself into a coma?

Er...no and that really wasn't necessary was it. Just registering an opinion, as I am disappointed, as others, in the direction the new model is going – i.e.. fast family hatch. This is a forum – look it up, surprise yourself.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
But you keep registering it, over and over and over again. We all know you don't like it, you have made that quite clear. Do you really need to keep coming in and going on about it?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Er...no and that really wasn't necessary was it. Just registering an opinion, as I am disappointed, as others, in the direction the new model is going – i.e.. fast family hatch. This is a forum – look it up, surprise yourself.

So what was the 1*2/197/200 then? Racecar?

At least the new one doesn't look like it's wearing a gimp mask.

Better looking than the 200. Faster. Handles better. Gearbox doesn't need changing every twelve months. More practical. Better built. I could go on but I'll leave some in reserve.

clio diesel
At least the new one doesn't look like it's wearing a gimp mask.

Better looking than the 200. Faster. Handles better. Gearbox doesn't need changing every twelve months. More practical. Better built. I could go on but I'll leave some in reserve.

I agree totally, and a bargain at 23k with some extras.

Listerine & Poledo
Give it 4 years and you'll all be bumming these cars so hard it'd be actual rape.

Except Munson, as there's not enough cylinders.

An orange one
Imagine a v6 version! No need to drop the engine for a cambelt service just open the back door and job done!

182 cup
I'm not going to bother with this site anymore and it's the rubbish coming out of these morons that makes it so easy to leave. It's just brain dead s#+t coming from them too,
*car won't change into 2nd at 100mph so its crap,
*i can't move my hand on the steering wheel to flick a paddle but manual boxes are the only way!
*car can't stop if there arent brembo's etc etc etc.
If you took the d+ckheds out of this thread it would be 15 pages long. Flol #joke

clio diesel
Back on topic?

Does anybody know if there is any other carry over from nissan to renault? Same floor plan as any nissans etc?

It has the GTR paddle shifts and the juke's engine, is that it?

172 exclusive no 172
lowphotos.jpgurl.jpg

I still cant believe how the two cars look so much alike...

I like the idea of a 4 door, plenty of space, and if you have kids , just makes it easier to get in to and out...
Engine choice 1.6 turbo well not what everybody my expect from the RS version but seems to be what most other makes are going for smaller engine but turbo`d for the power

. turbo as standard is good thing as you would expect the engine to be a little stronger and should be able to handle a power hikes if you decide to tune it..

I drove the juke over in the states August 12, which had the same engine and had a six speed manual box, was nippy and responded well to a heavy right foot.. from the looks of the clio steering wheel, air vent and clocks are all shared with just a few differences.

I think i would by one in the future but not now as they may be a few teething problems , with things like the paddle shift...

Just my opinion LOL

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
I tested the last week, the CLIO 4RS Chassis CUP ^^

Sorry it is in French of course and I dont have the time currently to translate in English but the pics are enought no ? (ooops)

My quicly conclusion (for the members French-speakers there, few I suppose but... ^^, I give this conclusion in a text in French in the end of the video) : I was surprise in the good side and in fact now if I change or I decide to add a new little sport car at my current "little beast" non stock CLIO 2RS Mk1, the CLIO 4RS chassis CUP shall be one of the possibles (I will test in 2 weeks the Peugeot 208 GTi & the Citroën DS3R also)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Back on topic?

Does anybody know if there is any other carry over from nissan to renault? Same floor plan as any nissans etc?

It has the GTR paddle shifts and the juke's engine, is that it?

Clio 4 is a tweaked Clio 3 underneath.

One thing i do wonder though, does is still run the double axis 'perfo up' setup from the 197/200/Megane??

Also, i presume the Juke runs this engine with a standard manual.........??

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Yes, the Juke Nismo is probably the most comparable version.

Nismo has a bit more power over the standard DIGt 197hp at 6k ish, and 184lb ft. 0-62mph 7.8 seconds top speed of 134mph, manual box.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Clio 4 is a tweaked Clio 3 underneath.

One thing i do wonder though, does is still run the double axis 'perfo up' setup from the 197/200/Megane??

The trick stuff above has gone a-miss from the 200EDC IIRC. Replaced with E-Diff and torque steer AFAIK?

182FF
A French guy came into the petrol station where I work in the new 200T in red! In the flesh it is so so much nicer!!