ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
Hello everybody and fans of Renault Sport

We know more and more about the next Clio IV RS which 'll arrive in 2013

Especially on this real apparences :

- 5 Doors ONLY, yes even the RS (Grrr for me one Clio RS is 3 doors !!)

- Like the futur 208GTi 'll be lighter than the last 207RC, the Clio 4RS 'll be lighter than the last Clio 3RS

- In France we 'll have 2 models : A classic RS and a "Gordini" (same engine but differents equipements more sport and lighter for the Gordini I suppose)

On the engine :

We dont know precisly even now :
1.6L or 1.8L or 2.0L ?
200 or even 220hp ?
But sure it 'll be sure a Turbo Engine

The last pictures and real photos

The rear look like to one ... Seat...

projet13-3551c66.jpg

I dont know if it is the real front of the RS model
projet13.jpg

To be continued...

Mondeo TDCI 130
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

lol... sounds just like when the 200 came out, everybody will want one in a few years!! Will be tweeked a lot yet if it happens!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Its going to be an identical shell to the base model. Whereas the 197/200 were a different shell (wider rear arches) the new Mk4 RS will be a standard shell.

It will also be a 1.6T with over 200bhp.

Suzuki Jimny

I'm sure it'll look a lot different to the base models. Renault are good at doing that. Hopefully.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

I'm sure it'll look a lot different to the base models. Renault are good at doing that. Hopefully.

I hope too, cross the fingers mates !!

About the engine, new news more precise ^^

The wizzards of Renault Sport (who usually take a real engine Renault and boost this) worked on an engine Nissan (don't forget than Nissan belong to Renault in the Alliance ^^), this which is mounted on the Nissan Juke 190hp

To made a new between 200-215hp for the Clio 4RS ^^

Hum with 300 at 400kg less than a Nissan Juke for the Clio 4RS, the Clio 4RS can to be a real "small rocket" finally deserving of a great Chassis ^^

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

do not like that at all. resembles the new astra at the front tbh.

also its just been ruined making it a 5 door :dapprove:

i would actually pay someone to make it into a 3 door, caged and tunned up off its tits

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Looks great IMO. You can't even see the back doors they're moulded into the back pillars like the Leon's. I bet in 2 years time you all have the hard on for Clio 4!

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

I saw that too and sure it is less ugly that a true real visible 5 doors but sorry 5 doors (with 2 little and not visible ^^) on the Clio RS is very strange to see and to think for all the "classic" fans

PB Clio 172

Horrible car loks like all the rest !

as for a 5 door only in an RS, thats just silly !

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

lol... sounds just like when the 200 came out, everybody will want one in a few years!! Will be tweeked a lot yet if it happens!

Exactly this!

Nearly everyone hates change to start with.

Look forward to seeing actual finished (RenaultSport) product.

So no confirmed pictures of the Renaultsport model but everyone hates it anyway?

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

False guys !

If you look the 1st photo in my first message in the top you see a REAL photo of the rear of the Clio 4 on a French cars Magazine even if it is not one RS : Clio 4 going for the crast-tests and its "homologation" on the roads...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

lol remember the hate for this...
Clio_RS_Concept_05_1.jpg

now what are you all driving!!

i like it, and i think 5 door will be good, it can have 10 doors for all i care as long as it looks good then who cares?

I'm looking forward to the 197/200 being proclaimed the last of the old-school hatches.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

and all the hatters bitching about them ditching the 1.6t for an electric motor and missing the high revving 1.6t!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Can't wait for the new Clio rs. About time Renault drove the co2 down, increase mpg and went turbo power. Plus it will weigh less.

5 door doesn't bother me one bit. Leon Cupra was a good looking car back in the day.

I hope you can get heated seats! May wll consider getting one!

I always liked the 197, even the red concept above.

I always hated the 200, that still stands.

197/200 in my eyes will never be the last of the old school hatches because its far detached from those. Infact the last old school hatch Renault made was the ph1 172.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

For the "Goodwood Festival of Speed" (in the west of London no ?), Renault, VIP Partner of this Festival, to celebrate its 110 years old and all its succes and great engines will come with more famous cars of its long History like for exemples :
The type K winner in 1902 of the race Paris-Vienna (Austria) with the 1st engine 4 cylinders made in Renault, the Viva Grand Sport of 1935, the Alpine A110, the Mégane RS, the Clio RS, the Renault Maxi 5 turbo, differents Formule 1, the most famous F1 RS01 & RE40 for examples, the Renault Alpine A443, the Megane Trophy, etc.. but also the ... little city electric car ZOE (LOL ^^)

And for this festival Renault announced a very big surprise !!! :p

In France the main sure supposition is about one new sport car but not the last Alpine

We suppose several possibilities in France :

1st- One year before the normal announce, Renault will present the new CLIO 4 RS !!! ^^

or

2sd- Renault will presented a new version more powerful of the last Megane 3RS (MRS3) 2012 with 2 cases :

--> a) A new MRS3 with 275hp, a torque at 390nm at 6000tr/m !!! Max speed 290kmh and 0-100km in 5,8s !!! (with this version, add to on the track, the Focus RS will be even behind the MRS3 in a run on a right line ^^)

--> b) Another new MRS3 more powerfull than the a) which would take the official famous name of ALPINE with 300hp and 440nm of torque (a link on this new in a French website --> http://www.turbauto.fr/la-renault-megane-3-rs-avec-275-et-300ch-pourquoi-pas/)

or

3rd- FINALLY since the WW2 this Festival will show the return of a French builder in the category of the real commercial big Luxe & SuperCar (dont forget mates that until the beginning of the WW2 the French builders were the leaders of this category of the Sport Supercars far above all the others countries) and Renault could announced a king of a Super "LAGUNA RS" in the style of the AMG for Mercedes or the RS4 for Audi with 450 at 500hp and 4x4 or RWD !!! :p:p

SO now as all fans of Renault Sport-Alpine : Wait & see and let's cross the fingers !! :p

Last edited:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar

?????

Soory but I dont understand your question ^^

But when I speak about a new Alpine it is not the new prototype Alpine A443 but a version of the Megane 3RS who could take the name of "Alpine" like I said in my last message

You dont know the famous Sport builder ALPINE in the UK ?

For information the factory of Renault Sport based in the city of DIEPPE in the North of France is the old ancien factory of ... ALPINE

Renault Sport is even the descendant of Alpine ;-)

And really the full name of Renault-Sport is RENAULT-SPORT-ALPINE :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

?????

Soory but I dont understand your question ^^

But when I speak about a new Alpine it is not the new prototype Alpine A443 but a version of the Megane 3RS who could take the name of "Alpine" like I said in my last message

You dont know the famous Sport builder ALPINE in the UK ?

For information the factory of Renault Sport based in the city of DIEPPE in the North of France is the old ancien factory of ... ALPINE

Renault Sport is even the descendant of Alpine ;-)

And really the full name of Renault-Sport is RENAULT-SPORT-ALPINE :)

I was thinking they might bring/announce news on this

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...s/Renault-Alpine-A110-50-first-official-pics/

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

yes sorry, this big surprise could be the commercial version of this new prototype Alpine that we saw for the 1st time on track before the Grand Prix F1 of Monaco but in France we say that Renault speak about a new sport car which will not be the commercial version of the new Alpine A110

For a V6 Clio it is not possible because Renault will never build an engine V6 in the future and the last V6 of Renault is this of the last Clio 2 V6 :-(

Maybe a Clio 3 V6 with a V6 made by Nissan but I dont believe

The most possible new sport car will be in the 3 cases that I spoke in my last message

"Wait and see" June 29th ^^

Ph2 Clio 172

The FoS is not the kind of place where a manufacturer would show off its shopping car.

If Renault are showing something, it will likely be the Alpine.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Renault take advantage of the FoS to begin to celebrate its 110 years of success in the car-racing competitions (the final will be the next summer 2013 in France with the Super Giant world rendez-vous on the track of Montlery in the South of Paris, I will be there with my Clio 2 RS1 and you ? :) ) and it is Renault who announced say a very big surprise to all his fans around the world during this Fos in London, not me ^^

Thus believe me (or not) but the question is not "this big surprise exist or not ?" but "What will be this big surprise ?" ^^

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I may get one with the four doors, great for the kids.

Geeeeeeez, I'm old.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

I may get one with the four doors, great for the kids.

Geeeeeeez, I'm old.

LOL
Buy a Megane 2 RS 225hp 5 doors ^^
I'm old too (44 years the next 23th of June ^^) but 4 doors on a Clio RS it is difficult to accept for the old fan that I am ^^

Nissan 350z

The RenaultSport model wont be announced until after the base models have been out for a while, all this speculation is pointless this far in advance.