ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Ged

PD130 Peach
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

doesent look very Renault sport... if you get what i mean, looks like the basic car, no flares from what i can see :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

This is more like it

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/06/spied-renault-new-clio-rs-hot-hatch.html

2014-Renault-Clio-RS-1%5B3%5D.jpg

2014-Renault-Clio-RS-6[3].jpg

2014-Renault-Clio-RS-7[3].jpg

Last edited:

doesent look very Renault sport... if you get what i mean, looks like the basic car, no flares from what i can see :(

Thats because the next rsclio won't have different body panels. Stick on bits at best.

Italian 3.2 V6

Hmmm... Not sure tbh

Gona guess itl b pushin a 1.6T @ 210bhp though!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Looks great that. Can't even tell it's got 5 doors from those pictures!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

I know there are only so many designs and ways a car part can be drawn so now and again cars will have similar parts but that rear 3/4 is identical to that of a Corsa D, the front end especially badge looks too much like the MG concepts that were popping up every minute a while back.
However the disguising of the rear doors (again done before in the same way) is a nice touch and from the pistonheads shots the spoiler looks very much like that of the Mk2 cup spoilers, much better than the mk3 ones

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

Looks like a new shape golf and scirocco have had a bit of a smash and then this was produced

Fabia VRS & Yeti

Why no wide arches then? Monies saving? It's going to look cack without and they did a good job with the 197/200's imo.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

Looks like a new shape golf and scirocco have had a bit of a smash and then this was produced

A1? Rear lights look straight from an A1.

320d

As long as it handles and stops as well as the 200 and has a bit more straight line pace and economy what's not to like.

I'm confident it will be a cracking car, they've yet to make a bad RS Clio.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Stupid qyuestion maybe, but why do they put the vinyls all over test cars?

it are intelligent "vinyls" made to give "invisible" the real forms and volumes on the photos of "paparazzi" ^^ ;-)

I live far from the central of tests of Renault Sport (in the North of France & I live in the South in La Provence) but I have the lucky to live near of the BMW center tests (one of the 2 or 3 in Europe ^^) from 5km between my city and another city (Miramas) and sometimes (rare but sometimes) when I go made run with my Clio 2 RS1 on the little roads of the countryside, I cross the BMW cars test of a futur BMW M3 or others models ^^, and it have these same vinyls :)

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007

Is it just me or are tiny rear windows like the ones in the PH pictures pointless?

Examples that come to mind are the BMW X3, Citroen C2 and the new Range Rover Evoque :dead:

Ph2 Clio 172

Is it just me or are tiny rear windows like the ones in the PH pictures pointless?

Examples that come to mind are the BMW X3, Citroen C2 and the new Range Rover Evoque :dead:

I think the camo stickers are covering a lot of the rear windows, making them look much smaller.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

It's shaping up to be everything I didn't want from a car this time round.

The loss of the brembos is a bad move despite the fact they're only a brand they look the nuts!

I don't like the idea of the engine being smaller & having a turbo, Corsa VXR springs to mind & I used to have one as a company car & it was sh*t. Part of a Network Q dealer & it broke down more times than I've had hot dinners, so did my colleages & my mate had a lot of trouble with his. Warranty galore ! Anyway Corsa rant over.

All in all I imagine it will be a great car, Clio RS's have always been good but I can't say at the moment I like what I'm seeing. Proof will be in the pudding as they say.

Golf 7R

So, just to get things clear, are we actually hating on a car that we've not yet seen or even driven!?

The CS way. Brilliant.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

It's shaping up to be everything I didn't want from a car this time round.

The loss of the brembos is a bad move despite the fact they're only a brand they look the nuts!

I don't like the idea of the engine being smaller & having a turbo, Corsa VXR springs to mind & I used to have one as a company car & it was sh*t. Part of a Network Q dealer & it broke down more times than I've had hot dinners, so did my colleages & my mate had a lot of trouble with his. Warranty galore ! Anyway Corsa rant over.

All in all I imagine it will be a great car, Clio RS's have always been good but I can't say at the moment I like what I'm seeing. Proof will be in the pudding as they say.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

But your comparing it to a corsa which was designed years ago and Is a completely different brand to Renault in the same post...?

Albi blue 197

I love how it's looking tbh and I don't see how people are saying it hasn't got this that etc .... It's all rumours wait till its out :p

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

But your comparing it to a corsa which was designed years ago and Is a completely different brand to Renault in the same post...?

Because of the 1.6T engine brings back bad memories lol.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Because of the 1.6T engine brings back bad memories lol.

You know it's not the same right? :p

As above, it may have brembos yet, it may have wider arches, it may have 300bhp, none knows, it's all speculation atm. Best waiting and seeing what RS come up with

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

You know it's not the same right? :p

As above, it may have brembos yet, it may have wider arches, it may have 300bhp, none knows, it's all speculation atm. Best waiting and seeing what RS come up with

:L Well obviously, from my experience I don't really like smaller boosted engines.

As you rightly said tho, we shall see.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Well you'll have to get used to smaller boosted engines they're becoming the norm

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS

All sounds a bit too norm. No doubt it'll catch on... doesn't mean it isn't a s**t idea

is1

Integra Type R DC2

Every time I see a new hatchback, I can't help but think what a simple timeless shape the 1*2 is/was.
They have aged so well.

I'm sure it will grow on me.

Ones thing for certain, I don't like the square exhaust tips.

I do like that it's going to be a turbo though. That should be sweet as F!