ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Danith's Clio RS 220 Trophy ph2

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
now change the leds on it :)

Had a look, looks way too fiddly for me. Think the last time I used a soldering iron was gcse tech.

Don't mind the blue tbh. @Adey. Will give it a go I'm sure
IMG_20240314_100739.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It's stupid in a way, but I think bits like the Brembos make the car way more desirable. It makes it look and feel more special. If these had come with more bits like that from the factory, they would have had more appeal IMO.

That said, as they get older, I do like them more.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It's stupid in a way, but I think bits like the Brembos make the car way more desirable. It makes it look and feel more special. If these had come with more bits like that from the factory, they would have had more appeal IMO.

That said, as they get older, I do like them more.

yeah the Mk3 200 is still for me, the best one. Brembos, Snazzy speedline wheels, those arch vents and recaros.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I’m sure I read somewhere that renaultsport had the engine from Nissan but spent all the rest (or most) of the budget on the gearbox which is why everything is pretty standard with regards to brakes, seats etc.
the brakes aren’t bad as standard but as you say some special bits would’ve made it a better package. Especially when the vxr corsa and fiesta st had recaro seats etc.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I’m sure I read somewhere that renaultsport had the engine from Nissan but spent all the rest (or most) of the budget on the gearbox which is why everything is pretty standard with regards to brakes, seats etc.
the brakes aren’t bad as standard but as you say some special bits would’ve made it a better package. Especially when the vxr corsa and fiesta st had recaro seats etc.

Yeah it's just superficial really as, in reality, they handle and stop perfectly well. It's just the "cool" factor of having bits that make the car feel a bit more bespoke.