ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL just LOL!

Love how stromba now bringing up clutch issues. Won't do the 200 clutch much good either!

200 last of the true hot hatchs pmsl!

Yeah, because a drag race is the true test of a hot hatch. LOL. Fully mental.

There's not one single surprise in that video. The EDC is lighter, has more torque and at more of the range, a dual-clutch 'box and launch control.

Shall we compare the 205 GTi to a 265 Trophy next?

From order books opening, the lead time is 3 months. Poor wording on my behalf.

Demo cars won't be in dealers until mid Jun AFAIK Danny.

Seems fair. In any case I was being a bit full r****d with my post, as I was thinking about it is a new platform, whereas the base car is already in full production in this case, and I believe Renaultsport then take delivery of the body in white and go from there. So I guess it's possible that they themselves are not yet fully tooled up.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hmm, it wouldn't be like Renault to tell lies eh? :eek:

The boy seemed adamant that hes getting a show room LY example in in 3-4 weeks time! :(

Yeah, because a drag race is the true test of a hot hatch. LOL. Fully mental.

There's not one single surprise in that video. The EDC is lighter, has more torque and at more of the range, a dual-clutch 'box and launch control.

Shall we compare the 205 GTi to a 265 Trophy next?

We're gonna need a bigger boat x

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They don't take three months to build. The build schedule might mean it's three months from order, but it doesn't take three months to build one car. Probably less than 24 hours from stillages to trim and final. In any case, they will already have built hundreds of units.

I'm not suggesting Danny's information is either accurate or inaccurate. Just saying.

RHD schedule might be later as clearly production has started.

I don't understand the hostility towards this car.

Last edited:
  182 Trophy
As usual with renaultsport, we all hate it at first but guarantee we will fall in love with it after a few months
their cars grow on people

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's not growing on me; even if it drives superbly and fellates me in traffic. I can't own a Renaultsport model that looks so ordinary.

Plus, the gearbox is sh*t and the engine might as well be turbo diesel.

Popcorn.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Dealerships never guess at scheduling or spec.

My Twingo 265 should be ready yesterday. Can't wait to pick it up.

That's not growing on me; even if it drives superbly and fellates me in traffic. I can't own a Renaultsport model that looks so ordinary.

Plus, the gearbox is sh*t and the engine might as well be turbo diesel.

Popcorn.

You forgot to say it looks boring on track. Lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Would anyone who can actually afford one (ie has the cash) actually buy one? What are the estimates of the likely discounts they will sell at based on past renault price cutting? Do they discount eh megane 265 from list price for example?

Think i would tbh, like Danny said, that white one has me tenting slightly

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
TBH im struggling to find fault with it.
  • Lighter
  • Improved chassis
  • Better interior
  • Better exterior design over its predecessor
  • More practical
  • More efficient
  • Engine already has some racing pedigree
  • Extra clutch
  • comes in white

Whats not to like?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
There's no denying the performance wont be better than the previous rs clio anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Weather it feels as engaging to drive and looks as good is a different question.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There's no denying the performance wont be better than the previous rs clio anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Weather it feels as engaging to drive and looks as good is a different question.

The forecast looks strong.

GTD, Lupo
I like the car a lot and with a baby on the way the 5 door is a definite selling point for me. The only thing that will put me off buying one is Renault after sales.

The diffuser is only half as big as the 200's too. No driving up the walls of tunnels above 25mph in the new car.

Although, I read that the electric PAS motor in Clio IV has more torque than the F4R in Clio III. This means you could literally undertake a 200 that was driving on the roof of a tunnel. In theory at least.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
White one does look very nice, except the wheels. Not a great design.