ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 in next series of Top Gear

Didn't see very much entertaining about it tbh ... thought the trials they had to do where boring. Best thing about tonight show was the Aston's at the beginning and Ross Noble ... only my opinion of course.

Megane 225 F1
Re: Top Gear (rant)

Where's mr B00st these days. I bet he's loving this.

(I have no idea what happened as I didn't watch it, but I'm guessing the Fiat beat the 200)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Top gear have just made the 200 look stupid...!
They didnt even end the show discussing which one is the best..!
I read soo many ace reviews of the 200, and they put a dog and a tree in it to demonstrate room etc. I all for fun but come on TG at least round up the show.

Ahhhh

TBH i couldn't believe what i was seeing either!
Only last week a DS3-R took my Dad's job and tried to instigate sharia law.

182 FF

I wouldnt mind, but i was really interested to see what they said as i have read rave reviews from so many mags. Well next year i think out of the R26 and 200, i think it will be the R26. At least put Clarkson in it..!

Evo 5 RS

It's not a factual show - they do it every week with all manner of cars. Just because it's a 200 this week everyones up in arms

(I was disappointed that the Stig didn't get a lap in all 3 though, it was a bit s**t..)

172 Cup
5th gear is the worst programme going. If people don't like Top Gear then don't watch it.

Its pretty good actually now they have got rid of the muppets, Plato, Tiff and VBH can all drive and they give proper factual reviews! For people that are actually properly into cars rather than just posers its better than Top Gear.

172 Cup
5th gear is the worst programme going. If people don't like Top Gear then don't watch it.

Its pretty good actually now they have got rid of the muppets, Plato, Tiff and VBH can all drive and they give proper factual reviews! For people that are actually properly into cars rather than just posers its better than Top Gear.

EDIT sorry computer crashed and all of a sudden it posted my message twice.

Last edited:
CS

200 not shown in a positive light or shown to beat the competitors and you lot are up in arms saying it's a joke, not scientific etc.

Had it battered the other two the same people would have been banging on about how great it is and what a brilliant episode it was.

Megane 225 F1
I can't wait for them to put the FRS against the Meg 250.

Set up reaction cams in both Roy and DK's rooms.

Better yet, let them be the drivers. Make it more scientific.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i've had a chat with admin, and we all agree that we may as well shut the site down.

DS3-R's are where its at now.

See ya!

Now Sold :-(
i've had a chat with admin, and we all agree that we may as well shut the site down.

DS3-R's are where its at now.

See ya!

Hang on cancel the last.
It appears that in all the excitement someone forgot to mention the Citroen costs at least £8k more than the Clio. Yet another TG like for like comparison. :rasp:

Mini Cooper S sport
I knew there'd be a few people taking TG seriously!

I f**king loved it, great to see the cars going round the Monaco track, lucky buggers.

Thought the AG 200 didn't actually look that bad. Saw one of those Citroens parked up at Goodwood, they do look ridiculously lairy with the orange wheels etc.

Still like the Essesse, I was so set on buying one, they are such fun to drive. I notice that Hammond didn't mention how sh*t they are without the 'sport' button pressed though.

Not good PR for the renault (which is a shame) but I thought it was an entertaining episode. Anyway they always stick May in the driver's cars and the other two prefer straight line grunt over cornering prowess (Clarkson - mercs and Hammond - muscle cars).

Looks like we are going to see a lot more of those citroen ds things on the road now I reckon.

An orange one
did anyone else cringe at the ratchet strap just round the car scratching the roof to feck and the plastic tub on the roof,

ex-press cars FTL!

Clio RS 200
Those 'tests' where rediculous and anyonewho would buy a car bassed on those are stupid.

If you read the Top Gear magazine from around a year ago (the one that made be buy my clio', it compares the 200 with every other hot hatch includin gthe Focus RS and the Clio come out top!

There program comletly contradicted there magazine and was bassed on sh!t anyway! :rasp:

Listerine & Poledo
Well, top gear did it again.

Put a fashion accessory, next to a special-eidtion , next to a RS200.
That's a nice level playing field right there.

If they'd managed to blag F1 drivers to lap Monaco. that would have been much better than seeing May tip-toe around the Cote d'Azur track in the 200. No tripod-action for the Clio? Not trying hard enough.

Mind, it's an entertainment program now, it just happens to have cars in it.

5th gear is more about the cars than the laughs, and at least Plato, Tiff & VB-H can drive!

Ive just watched the episode this morning. Thought it was great fun. I lol'd when Clarkson made the dog fly into the dash :clown:

Tbf, as soon as I heard May was driving the 200, I knew it wouldn't win, no matter what the challenges were. Its all fun and games though. I dont think people should take too much from it.