ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 in next series of Top Gear

172 Cup
Its about time they had it on, they are bound to love it :cool:...really looking forward to the review mind.

its the aston race car over again tbh i doubt clarkson would have driven as part of the show ;)

i cant see it going down to well if it were cup packed then in this company it would have done well

Astra VXR
Its already been on top gear if ye go on the top gear web site the stigs was driving it a currently own the car that he was driving plus its been on 5th gear and one of the renault british touring car drivers has driving it to

Its already been on top gear if ye go on the top gear web site the stigs was driving it a currently own the car that he was driving plus its been on 5th gear and one of the renault british touring car drivers has driving it to

Wasn't that 5th gear with Plato?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
^ Yes mate went to a young guy in Kent. Had the spoiler taken off though - but each to their own! Cant complain with 60 mpg!!

GTD, Lupo
Loads of people out there still dont know what the clio 200 is all about. Most people ask me if i stuck the bodykit on! so seeing as TG has a massive fan base it might be a good thing. Or might just mean im gonna get more t**ts trying to race me all the time :dapprove:

I remember reading a post about a guy who hand purchased a clio 200 second hand and it had gone through a load of tires and a gearbox and was pretty dogged. Turned out it was the car used in those last two videos. The car had spent most it time being smashed round a track then sold to a member of the public. Anyone else see that?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
pisses me off this, they put them 3 cars together but instead of the proper abarth SS they have taken the 500C which is the convertible model and only comes in an autobox so its going to lose straight away

GTD, Lupo
pisses me off this, they put them 3 cars together but instead of the proper abarth SS they have taken the 500C which is the convertible model and only comes in an autobox so its going to lose straight away

I didnt notice it was a C but to be honest give the 3 cars to a good driver and even if it was a normal 500 ss it would still be the slowest no?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I didnt notice it was a C but to be honest give the 3 cars to a good driver and even if it was a normal 500 ss it would still be the slowest no?

i dont think so no, the 200 WILL be the fastest on a track by far but i dunno, the 500 ss is very good through all the gears and it effortlessly quick due to the torque

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
but having owned both 200 and 500 i can honestly say now that i dont use my car for work and i use it for fun and small trips i would have the 200 over the abarth in a heartbeat.

GTD, Lupo
i dont think so no, the 200 WILL be the fastest on a track by far but i dunno, the 500 ss is very good through all the gears and it effortlessly quick due to the torque

I only meant on the track :D no traffic light gp :D

From what i have seen the clio is slightly faster than the 500 and from what you say the C is slower than a standard 500, but i have no idea what kind of performance the DS3R has so it will be interesting to see.

I swear someone on here had this reg? I may be going crazy if not...

I'm sure CL10 CUP was originally on DVLA reg site for circa £399?! Snapped up and then tried to sell on by someone to renault UK at somewhere into the 5 figures?! Really nice plate though!!

Astra VXR
That was me mate cars had all sorts done to it gearbox,fuel pump,new tires door seals changed had to be fixed twice cause they fell off and the was a noise coming from back off car fixed now but its been in for other things to been in aboot 12 times from only owning it for 7 months cars going ok now but for how long lol

GTD, Lupo
That was me mate cars had all sorts done to it gearbox,fuel pump,new tires door seals changed had to be fixed twice cause they fell off and the was a noise coming from back off car fixed now but its been in for other things to been in aboot 12 times from only owning it for 7 months cars going ok now but for how long lol

Did he ever chase up the people that sold it to him as they must have know it had been abused and not told him :D.

Ph1 172.
I swear, on Sunday 22nd May that I drove past that Alien Green 200. It was parked up at the Bristos Ipswich sales centre. I was going to back later in the day after work to have a look at it, but it was gone when i returned at 4.30pm

It must have been another Alien Green, with black wheels, and a 'CL10' number plate.

Astra VXR
A did but they were tryin to take it back as a trade in price and they were sayin its still under warrenty n that so they wouldnt take it back the cars had over £3000 of work done to it since owning it

Not a fan of Top Gear on the whole but I'm taking an interest in this. Hope the 200 does well. In fact, more to the point, I hope they actually have some serial things to say about the cars, rather than playing stupid (and unfunny) games with them.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I swear, on Sunday 22nd May that I drove past that Alien Green 200. It was parked up at the Bristos Ipswich sales centre. I was going to back later in the day after work to have a look at it, but it was gone when i returned at 4.30pm

It must have been another Alien Green, with black wheels, and a 'CL10' number plate.

It's where mine came from :cool: (It was the unregistered black one in their showroom window)...

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I bought the CL10 CUP number plate from the DVLA and had it for sale on clio197.net, cost me £1100 when i bought it and it was sold to a lady (private buyer) for £2200 (RUK offered £2000).. was a really nice plate too! Wish i kept it now :dapprove:

Wow... that puts it into perspective how fast the F1 machines fly around there!! So tight in places even in little hatchbacks!! How lucky that they got a few laps of an empty Monaco GP circuit, absolute dream job!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Not a fan of Top Gear on the whole but I'm taking an interest in this. Hope the 200 does well. In fact, more to the point, I hope they actually have some serial things to say about the cars, rather than playing stupid (and unfunny) games with them.

+1

Not keen on it atall.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Nudge - TONIGHT FOLKS!!! TONIGHT!!!

Abarth 3rd - DS3R 2nd mainly on price and handling, Clio 1st, smashing it to the back of the net!

ooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Surely May will hinder the Clios chances...

Hopefully a pro-driver got to hammer them!

And with TG, I tend to take everything with a pinch of salt with that program - very staged and choreographed.