ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 in next series of Top Gear

What is a better option?
Depends what you like .... having to rev the nuts of something to get going anywhere or ... from my own experience, having power / torque available virtually instantly and keep that going right up the power band. All I am saying is, don't be scared or apprehensive about going turbo'd route in the future.

Ps ... if turbo or supercharged wasn't good ... why do people get so excited when the read about or see a turbo'd 182? I'll tell ya why ... because it goes like stink. Also ... so much more modification options. Even a simple remap will 'boost' your bhp significantly.

MCS R56
Just watched this again and a couple of things struck me.

Not many people buy a hot hatch if they want the ultimate handling track weapon. Most hot hatch buyers want a nice comfy car with some poke to get them to work without falling asleep, and also a car offers them some fun at the weekend.

All Cliosport cares about is EVO lap times that someone else got in their car, because that's basically the only advantage their car has over the competition, despite the fact that they spend their life driving to work or getting beaten by VAG diesels on an A-road.

Personally I'd have the 200 out of those 3 cars, but it's not unreasonable that Top Gear panned the 200. Let's be frank, if you're a true track hero, you buy a track car, not an underpowered shopping car with a great chassis. I am willing to bet one million pounds right now, that most people who bleat on about the 200's track ability, have never even seen a track, let alone driven on one.

All IMO.

On the money. And VAG diesels FTW.

Depends what you like .... having to rev the nuts of something to get going anywhere or ... from my own experience, having power / torque available virtually instantly and keep that going right up the power band. All I am saying is, don't be scared or apprehensive about going turbo'd route in the future.

Ps ... if turbo or supercharged wasn't good ... why do people get so excited when the read about or see a turbo'd 182? I'll tell ya why ... because it goes like stink. Also ... so much more modification options. Even a simple remap will 'boost' your bhp significantly.

I am not apprehensive and I do see what you are saying but I like red lining it. I dont like the Mini JCW because I didnt find it as fun but everyone raves about the turbo (just an example). My brother (whos older) loves my car when he is in the mood and hates it when he is not as you do have to work it. All I am saying is that for me personally I want the high rev factor as you have to make sure you are in the right gear (James May's problem was that he wasn't). There will be a time when I want the easy life (and probs end up in a Volvo), maybe after 25 but I will be sad when the NA engines are Inevitably sent to the bone yard due to EU laws.

They did the R26R which is the fastest Meggy ever so would be a little pointless. If you havent seen it, auto car do a good review of the 250 vs the RS that you can watch on their website.

I am not apprehensive and I do see what you are saying but I like red lining it. I dont like the Mini JCW because I didnt find it as fun but everyone raves about the turbo (just an example). My brother (whos older) loves my car when he is in the mood and hates it when he is not as you do have to work it. All I am saying is that for me personally I want the high rev factor as you have to make sure you are in the right gear (James May's problem was that he wasn't). There will be a time when I want the easy life (and probs end up in a Volvo), maybe after 25 but I will be sad when the NA engines are Inevitably sent to the bone yard due to EU laws.

Yip ... I know what you mean. You can still red line it in a turbo you know lol. As said, just depends what u r after ... I would have another rs clio no problem at all ... but there are alternatives. I enjoyed raking the sh*t out of my previous rs clios ... but I am currently enjoying the low down punch which carries on until about 5.5lrevs revs and will go on right up to 7k revs. The fuel economy and emissions will probably kill of the current N/A clio engines.

Evo 5 RS
If I had it my way I'd just make everything with larger displacement and NA...but those days are long gone.

GO Green!!! No, we're not asking. We're fcuking telling you!

Black 182 FF
Just watched the new Clarkson video last night and they had the same three cars in it, raced by a racing driver whose name I can't remember and the 200 quite easily beat the others, with Clarkson concluding it was easily the fastest and wondering what May had been doing.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I found it amusing when jeremy was going on about the car not having A/C whilst driving a FF 200 with climate control.