ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shopping for a Clio III RS 2.0 16v 200

'22 Clio RS line 140
Hello,
New to the forum and currently shopping for a Clio III RS 2.0 16v 200 hp with the cup option.

How am I to tell if a given car has the cup option?
What all does the cup option include?
Is there a buyer's guide of some sort?

Thanks,

Steven

S24NRC

ClioSport Club Member
  RS197
A 200 cup and a 200 with cup pack isn't the same.

A 200 Cup will have a physical key to open the car that you can put in the ignition, this is the easiest way of telling. The interior will be relatively poverty spec in comparison - the dash will have a visible airbag cutout in the passenger side, manual mirrors, etc

A 200 with a Cup Pack will be harder to confirm. Usually red calliper's will denote a Cup packed car, but the best way of checking is to download the Renault app and enter the VIN, this will give you a full list of factory spec options.

'22 Clio RS line 140
A 200 cup and a 200 with cup pack isn't the same.

A 200 Cup will have a physical key to open the car that you can put in the ignition, this is the easiest way of telling. The interior will be relatively poverty spec in comparison - the dash will have a visible airbag cutout in the passenger side, manual mirrors, etc

A 200 with a Cup Pack will be harder to confirm. Usually red calliper's will denote a Cup packed car, but the best way of checking is to download the Renault app and enter the VIN, this will give you a full list of factory spec options.
Thanks - went to the Renault site and plugged in the VIN.
Looks like this car does not have the "cup" option...

Attachments

• VF1CRJN0641720847 options.jpg
    VF1CRJN0641720847 options.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 44

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The cup pack came with:
Red callipers
Anthracite wheels over silver (assuming the speedline option wasn't ticked)
Lower and stiffer suspension
Quicker steering rack

The non cup car, for me, is actually the better car on a Scottish back road!

Clio rs200
Hello,
New to the forum and currently shopping for a Clio III RS 2.0 16v 200 hp with the cup option.

How am I to tell if a given car has the cup option?
What all does the cup option include?
Is there a buyer's guide of some sort?

Thanks,

Steven
Hi Steven,

I just purchased a clio 200 (non cup) and as the previous response, he is exactly right. Just be careful if your not familiar with specs as mine has Red Brembos but is not a Cup. I find non Cup suspension is hard enough and handles great also but its entirely down to your driving style and what you want to do with the car.
What ever you buy just make sure Cambelt been done ideally, get 2 keys and check the obvious stuff when buying a car. I went for a completely standard car and paid 5k literally 2 days ago.

'22 Clio RS line 140
Thanks. Sage advice.

The least expensive example I've found was €16,500.
I am in Portugal, and (all) cars are exorbitantly expensive here.

'22 Clio RS line 140
Buy one here and drive her back to Portugal. Do you have High import tax?
Thanks, but the tax is very high here in Pt. There were several nice examples on the continent, but alas, the tax..
Also, the registration entity "IMT" is so backed up and the car cant be insured until completely registered here. Could take 6 months...o_O

Last edited: