ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ali's Megane R26 progress

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Prices through from ED .. and I think I'm going to go ahead and get it forged. Including inconel valves, a full head rebuild with Catcam springs etc, and possibly topped off with a meg 250 turbo.

Yay
How many pennies?

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Ordered up a new sunstrip, not keen how small this is so it’s going a few inches bigger, with the typical red vinyl stripe along the bottom when I can do it!

Going to wet and dry my head lights, remove the yellow tint from the fogs and possibley do them as well. Trying to think of things to keep me occupied while the cars off the road.

Reactions: Gus

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I’m only doing it now due to the low compression, may as well upgrade:smile:
Fair enough, I still think the Mk3 lump is the better option though. Id rather have a stock lump running the power i plan to than a forged one, People forget that a forged engine is not just fit and forget.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Fair enough, I still think the Mk3 lump is the better option though. Id rather have a stock lump running the power i plan to than a forged one, People forget that a forged engine is not just fit and forget.

I know, the 250 engine is still there up for grabs. I'm going towards forging it mainly really, i wanna get the normal engine and just make it a bit stronger

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I don't see what issues of negatives people are saying about forged engines?

I used to have a Corsa Vxr that I had forged, I did 50k on a forged lump daily and track use, no issues what so ever. Summer or winter is was perfectly fine.

I sold the car on, I believe it's still going strong.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
I don't see what issues of negatives people are saying about forged engines?

I used to have a Corsa Vxr that I had forged, I did 50k on a forged lump daily and track use, no issues what so ever. Summer or winter is was perfectly fine.

I sold the car on, I believe it's still going strong.

my friend daily drives a forged VXR, and he hasnt been told of any issues!

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
screw it

car's going to be going to same direction as the clio, suspension upgrade (possible coilovers, price dependant) better braking, cooling and most of all, strip strip strip.
My want for another track focus'd car is here again for the new year

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
New year more news

Coilovers found, heading down the BC racing route, rear is already stripped out and the rest of the car will be when its back from having the engine done.
Dropping it off this saturday for work to begin, she'll return a stronger forged thing! so excited

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Dropped off at ED today, sad times :(

26196391_10160006388490151_1674936967711290400_n.jpg

26167471_10160006388495151_3193218663320680616_n.jpg

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So some BC racing coilovers came up for a sale at a good price ... so you can guess what ive done!

get the car back soon, get them fitted and ill be 75% of the way there on the track project now

Last edited:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
So some BC racing coilovers came up for a sale at a good price ... so you can guess what ive done!

get the car back soon, get them fitted and ill be 75% of the way there on the track project now
Brilliant news mate. Decent coilovers will transform the car !

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So now I have some time i can type upp.

Left this morning about 8:00 AM, got there just past 9, not bad with the Monday morning traffic. Met Andy, sorted everything out and I was on my way, with a very light pack pocket!

70 mile trip back was good, boring motorways and not something I wanted with a newly built engine, but It was alright I guess. 70 or so miles on the engine, past the MOT this afternoon so all is go! Coilovers will be here this week, so I'll get them fitted next week hopefully.

Nice clean engine as well, very happy.
bcc8494e-4f27-4f5b-9882-1d7adbd18509.jpg

Ill stick up a picture of the spec of the engine, too much to type!
856b851b-77d4-4241-ba6c-efa496100c38.jpg

Saw these two down there which caught my eye as well, (I THINK) its a high boost Clio, and a pretty powerful R26, external fuel/swirl pot set up in the back!
266d36ef-d440-45c1-b24e-47cf0964dbd2.jpg
3a35eff0-326a-4f24-b177-79657e041de8.jpg

All in all, extremely happy with the service of Engine Dynamics, would recommend 100%!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
What power you after with the forged lump? 270/280?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Nice spec

When does it go back for mapping or isit already mapped?
Its mapped currently, but after run in, it'll be back on the dyno for a tweak / make sure its all fueling correctly and hopefully add a bit more power!

What power you after with the forged lump? 270/280?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
with a new cooler and exhaust, 290+ .. meg250 turbo will be bring me to 300 .. so ill be happy with a 300/300 car

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
How I missed driving it, having a lot of fun atm getting used to the car again, obviously not acceleration wise due to the run it period.

Managed to fit a new slightly wider sun strip today, looks alright, a lot better inside now!
got a few pics down the local asbo spot, lighting was s**t as per usual.
Ride height is atrocious atm, arch gap for days. Coilovers should be here this week so that'll sort that out.

7cf51f4e-4107-4724-850d-aa9842e7d650.jpg
25350789-93b1-4fe6-b84c-4ff0b5cffc26.jpg
00206e31-dbc6-459e-bcb1-ca65d40b243e.jpg

Attachments

• 5bb7ba1b-31ab-4d82-8af9-ba87403a6c72.jpg
    5bb7ba1b-31ab-4d82-8af9-ba87403a6c72.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 124

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Great stuff mate, one thing I thought I'd mention.
I've seen a few megs on here with worn fuel pumps, it might be worth considering replacing yours with either a new standard pump or an up rated one, I would hate to see this engine fail because of a weak fuel pump, I think it's number 4 that suffers.

I'm sure Dan who's building the meg powered Clio has replaced the fuel pump.