ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ali's Megane R26 progress

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive got a gpi cooler off ebay. Supposed to be good for up to 300 and better than the other chinese cheapies

Otherwise you're looking at forge, airtec etc at 400 odd quid

I'm not going more than 280/280 absolute max on mine to keep it reliable. Flash map will only be 250/250

Nice one, I was looking at forge / air tec ones but I'll check this one out!
I'm after as much as I can reliably really, so 280/289 sounds pretty reasonable to be honest

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Got any videos off the exhaust?

Need some noise from my 225 but I'm undecided, tempted to go 3" turbo back as I would like to go for a bit more power 280ish bhp, not sure if it would help having a bigger exhaust or not.

I do somrwhere, I'll try up load them :)

Having 3" turbo back would help with power increase, larger bore = better flow so!

Megane 250
I do somrwhere, I'll try up load them :)

Having 3" turbo back would help with power increase, larger bore = better flow so!

Thats my thinking, but not sure if I would see a benefit as from what I've read these engines bend rods at over 300/300.

Yeah man, get some vids up :) persuade me haha!

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Bit wore torn .. But what can you ask for ..

One piece left of the puzzle and I'm ready for mapping!
image.jpeg

Clio 197
A few people were slating RST recently on FB. EFI always seem to have good reviews.
That's interesting, what were the complaints about as I don't have facebook. Engine dynamics are great from what i've heard/read, good results on the 197s they've remapped

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That's interesting, what were the complaints about as I don't have facebook. Engine dynamics are great from what i've heard/read, good results on the 197s they've remapped

It was on the MeganeRS page iirc, something about generic maps or something.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It was on the MeganeRS page iirc, something about generic maps or something.
Yes I have been watching those posts a fair bit and know a few dudes who arent their number one fans. Never had any dealings myself, just seems to be a bit of handbags frkm fanboys and mappers alike regarding each others maps.

Cba

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
In all honesty I doubt anyone on here has used all 3 and is able to offer any true comparison. People will go to a particular tuner - they will be extremely happy because their car is quicker and then by default say that that tuner is best.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Gus does have a huge point .. And a very valid one

I've had lots of recommendations for EFI and ED .. Engine dynamics is close to being chosen, espcially seeing their turbo'd clios coming out and the other ones they're mapped up etc. And they're more local to me than efi or rs tuning

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So, intercoolers on .. Cars clean on this lovley day! .. Went and saw Matt for a few hours to help him out with a few bits and pops so it's been pretty productive :)

Old / new cooler look the same size but the newer one is slightly deeper .. Turbo sounds like it's getting more air due to a higher pitched whistle at high revs (?)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Car is now booked in for mapping and Engine Dynamics at the end of the month, getting them to sort my decat and injectors out for me so saves me some hassle!

hoping for a decent run tbh :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What are you aiming for? Should be able to get over 270 with the injectors and 300lb/ft

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Looking at refreshing the suspension as well as getting some cook sport springs, and then polybushing as much as I can .. Exciting stuff
Good work. Those Grams seem to be a good shout now too. I went and saw Lee Boardman a couple of weeks ago and his sit nicely.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So today was mapping day, went all good!
Had a leaking recirc valve that we blanked off and also a new boost solinoid put on .. Gotta sort a 3" exhaust, bigger front mount and a proper induction kit set up and I'll have a fair few more ponies to play with ..

But currently as it is it's amazingly quick, didn't expect it, drinking fuel like anyone's business haha

270/304
image.jpeg

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Cars booked in for tuesday .. being picked up tomorrow night loaded onto a trailer, and then towed down saturday and left there for the week!

cruising round in a 1.4 fiesta is hard to get used too after turbo!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
The R26r and smf makes a good difference!

Thoughts on the mods you're thinking of getting are:
Get a Forge or ProAlloy intercooler.
ITG induction kit is expensive but worth it imo.
Ktec 3" exhaust is a very nice system, loud when you want it to be but not much louder than standard for normal driving.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
The R26r and smf makes a good difference!

Thoughts on the mods you're thinking of getting are:
Get a Forge or ProAlloy intercooler.
ITG induction kit is expensive but worth it imo.
Ktec 3" exhaust is a very nice system, loud when you want it to be but not much louder than standard for normal driving.

Cheers tim! I'm kinda excited to see what its like tbh

Been looking at ProAlloy as well, stuck on choice for cooler, ITG is on the list as well as the ktec 3" .. should make some good power after that

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Took another trip to see Mr. Black today .. This time for timing belt, aux and water pump, done in roughly 2 hours which i was amazed about!
Last things left to do is a steering arm bushing (?) and a steering arm iirc .. and then its onto tracking it and having a lot of fun!

19399522_10159025529280151_635787984703105104_n.jpg