ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ali's Megane R26 progress

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
So I'm looking for more power, best and easiest way?
I know a map would be simple enough but I'd want more, 660cc injectors, cone filter, decat etc ?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Charlie's 3" decat.
Exhaust
Itg induction or similar
630cc don't pay anymore than £220 for a set if you can't find any let me know.
Intercooler
Mapping.

Sounds good.
What sort of gains can be expected with that set up.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Charlie's 3" decat.
Exhaust
Itg induction or similar
630cc don't pay anymore than £220 for a set if you can't find any let me know.
Intercooler
Mapping.

Induction wise, would that mean cone/open? I've recently bought an ITG panel but if needs be ill change!

sounds good that tbh, let the power increase commence

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
you can put a cone filter on the standard induction hose (63mm) or you can route it down to underneath the headlight like the ITG kit
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4270&appid=12

or you can make your own for probley half that
16312861178_1886743b3c_c.jpg
New filter by matt eaton, on Flickr
15734543982_3e728dfdf9_c.jpg
Intake pieces by matt eaton, on Flickr
15827388855_c09052154f_c.jpg
Itg style induction by matt eaton, on Flickr

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
don't you lose the trip computer and fuel gauge accuracy with 630cc injectors?
@Matt e - don't suppose you have the links/specs for the home made induction kit (not the relocated one, just open cone)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ill ask the guy who told me. I went for a spin in his and it was rapid! Sure he said the fuel gauge lied after the injectors were fitted tho

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
car went in the garage to have its front pads changed .. came back out with a new caliper .. sod had seized so i ended up buying a new one .. happy days!
R.26R pads as well :)

14937183_10157846117455151_4648573787061387069_n.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
car went in the garage to have its front pads changed .. came back out with a new caliper .. sod had seized so i ended up buying a new one .. happy days!
R.26R pads as well :smile:

14937183_10157846117455151_4648573787061387069_n.jpg
How much was that caliper? looks so so good when its brand new

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So, few bits done!
Had a the mot the other week, two small issues but apart from that it went though!
Cv boot had no Clip on it and a tyre had a bulge .. Which sucked

Cars had both boxes removed on the exhaust and it sounds awesome, I'll get a video some point! Wanting to decat but I'm not too sure yet.
Booking up action day soon so that'll be its first outing, possibly a session on track as well :)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
So, few bits done!
Had a the mot the other week, two small issues but apart from that it went though!
Cv boot had no Clip on it and a tyre had a bulge .. Which sucked

Cars had both boxes removed on the exhaust and it sounds awesome, I'll get a video some point! Wanting to decat but I'm not too sure yet.
Booking up action day soon so that'll be its first outing, possibly a session on track as well :smile:
Yeah get a video up mate. I've got a back box chopped exhaust waiting to go on mine, but I'm tempted take the middle one out too

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah get a video up mate. I've got a back box chopped exhaust waiting to go on mine, but I'm tempted take the middle one out too

I was thinking of buying a length of pipe and doing it myself. It's a straight bit so can't be hard

Does sound monsterous, when it's warm it pops and burbles away, not sure if I wanna decat it!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Gonna sort out a decat for it I've decided!

Looking at some cook sport springs and h&r 19mm spaces as well as the r26 sticker set

Cooksport springs are a great upgrade. I've got Pure Motorsport spacers on mine 10mm front and 18mm rears, good quality and cheaper than H&R.

Noticed you've got an Airtec intercooler on your list. Better off with a Forge or Pro-Alloy intercooler as Airtec cooler is too big for the Megane.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Cooksport springs are a great upgrade. I've got Pure Motorsport spacers on mine 10mm front and 18mm rears, good quality and cheaper than H&R.

Noticed you've got an Airtec intercooler on your list. Better off with a Forge or Pro-Alloy intercooler as Airtec cooler is too big for the Megane.

Cheers Tim! Yeah they look good with the cook sports, how does it handle? I've seen you out on track once or twice :)
I'll have a look at the PMS ones! Have you any pics of yours with the spacers?

Ah perfect, I'll have a looksie :) .. I'll have to make sure I park next to you at action day then haha

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Tim! Yeah they look good with the cook sports, how does it handle? I've seen you out on track once or twice :smile:
I'll have a look at the PMS ones! Have you any pics of yours with the spacers?

Ah perfect, I'll have a looksie :smile: .. I'll have to make sure I park next to you at action day then haha

It sharpens the handling slightly but still compliant like the standard springs.

Here are a couple of photos with those spacers.
9271DABF-ACFA-457D-8982-DB44ACFC8950_zpshdks6dvu.jpg

DF250E71-8281-426C-904A-C8918C1B0B40_zpsbujxralh.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
There's a place in Stafford that took the centre box off my 182 and Abarth for £40.
Aa silencers.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
De-cat pipe ordered ..

So thats Injectors, air filter and decat sorted .. as well as both boxes chopped in the exhaust
Just need a larger front mount and im sorted and ready for a map ..
@Danith / @The Russian. ... what one would you recommend? I wanna be able to get as much safe power as i can out of the car :)

Megane 250
Got any videos off the exhaust?

Need some noise from my 225 but I'm undecided, tempted to go 3" turbo back as I would like to go for a bit more power 280ish bhp, not sure if it would help having a bigger exhaust or not.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ive got a gpi cooler off ebay. Supposed to be good for up to 300 and better than the other chinese cheapies

Otherwise you're looking at forge, airtec etc at 400 odd quid

I'm not going more than 280/280 absolute max on mine to keep it reliable. Flash map will only be 250/250