ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ali's Megane R26 progress

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
with a new cooler and exhaust, 290+ .. meg250 turbo will be bring me to 300 .. so ill be happy with a 300/300 car

the TD04-15L is capable of flowing around 325BHP and comfortably over that amount in ibft.

I have 313.5 and 325ibft on mine a while back.

I assume you have replaced your fuel pump buddy?

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Great stuff mate, one thing I thought I'd mention.
I've seen a few megs on here with worn fuel pumps, it might be worth considering replacing yours with either a new standard pump or an up rated one, I would hate to see this engine fail because of a weak fuel pump, I think it's number 4 that suffers.

I'm sure Dan who's building the meg powered Clio has replaced the fuel pump.
Bang on.

This is the cause of ringland failure

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Why is it so high? weird!

The interior is stripped hence the awful height.

the TD04-15L is capable of flowing around 325BHP and comfortably over that amount in ibft.

I have 313.5 and 325ibft on mine a while back.

I assume you have replaced your fuel pump buddy?
I will be when it goes back for a dyno session :smile:

I didn’t know the standard turbos could run that high, fair enough!

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I have BC racing coilovers coming this week, so only a few more days until it's back to a good height!

Looking at fuel set ups, I'm half tempted for a swirl pot set up, not sure yet.
BCs are great. I have a setup guide for them on my site if you need any pointers.

Swirl pot will be useful if over around 340BHP. I suspect you wont see that with the TD04-15T as its well outside its range. The only thing that concerns me is the low fuel starvation issue on the standard setup when on track.

If you have the cash , do it.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
BCs are great. I have a setup guide for them on my site if you need any pointers.

Swirl pot will be useful if over around 340BHP. I suspect you wont see that with the TD04-15T as its well outside its range. The only thing that concerns me is the low fuel starvation issue on the standard setup when on track.

If you have the cash , do it.

that'll be fantastic, i've no idea how to set them up if im honest with you!

i wont be going near 340, 310-320 maybe! .. If I can then yes, a swirl pot will be done, but from what i've seen the standard pump is still good!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ahh height makes sense now!

I really want to cover my ass with a new pump, I'm going 630cc injectors soon, I don't want any dramas!

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
and they're on! feel great, front end needs to come down a bit tho, too much arch gap :(

60c94f79-4baf-4503-8a94-55db47c72de9.jpg

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Lowered the front a bit more today, might leave it as that as certain speed bumps are scraping the splitter ..whoops.

Cars now booked in for a service and dyno session which means only two weeks left of granny driving, so excited.
Harnesses should be bought next month as well hopefully and then prepping it for the first track day of the year sometime in april if all goes to plan.

e92 330i
Looks good mate. Be good once it’s mapped and you can have a proper drive.

Won’t the alignment need re doing now you’ve lowered it more?

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good mate. Be good once it’s mapped and you can have a proper drive.

Won’t the alignment need re doing now you’ve lowered it more?

Yeah it's booked in for a service and adyno tweak at the start of march, so not long left to wait!

It will be yeah, i havent had anytime yet to get it aligned, be the first job when im on my holidays!

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So I'm wanting to fit a battery cut off switch some time soon, anyone had any experience fitting etc?
I may get it done for me cause im useless, but any help would be cool!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I should be there with the car first thing and afternoon time! I’ll probably have a black and gold ‘boosted’ hoody on!

No track this year, need a few things before it gets tracked
I haven’t planned what I’m wearing yet.... 😂
if I see you I’ll pop over!

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
so 95% of my eyelets came for the harness today .. i cocked up and didnt buy an M10 .. so that should be here before friday and HOPEFULLY get it fitted before Spring action day!

small mock up, may end up selling the bucket seat, harnsses and recaro's are comfy as for a road car anyway!

harness.jpg