ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ali's Megane R26 progress

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
4D3376DB-1D54-43FC-9F44-4281DB58EA16.jpeg
78726B03-5A44-4234-8E8E-29F6DDEADF21.jpeg
Looked nice today mate :up:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Some good pics there. Shame I didnt make it to combe today. Did you bump in to anyone from cliosport?
You must be loving the car at the moment after all the work you have had done.
Hope that track obsession flag didnt blow in to your car!

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Some good pics there. Shame I didnt make it to combe today. Did you bump in to anyone from cliosport?
You must be loving the car at the moment after all the work you have had done.
Hope that track obsession flag didnt blow in to your car!

I think one person, I can’t remember!

So happy with the car, shame I couldn’t track it but the next month or so I’ll be out! Haha nah the flag was set under my wheel and went no where near it

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I think one person, I can’t remember!

So happy with the car, shame I couldn’t track it but the next month or so I’ll be out! Haha nah the flag was set under my wheel and went no where near it
Me and @Filters came over to talk to you and you didn’t recognise us 😂

Reactions: Gus

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So i got the harness fitted last week along with a set of new NS2-R's to try out .. first track day should be in a few weeks time if all goes well.
Just gotta get the track rod changed and another alignment to get rid of the inwards toe i have and add another .5 degree camber so im sat at -2.5 (worked on the clio, different car ik but hey worth a go!)

mocked the seat up as well, that should be put ion this week or next if all goes to plan!

30740043_10160500349315151_2011541739738759168_n.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Sounds like a fun evening.

Shame about the pads and arch liners. Was the car scrubbing on the liners ? Are you going to raise it a little?

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So now i have time to actually type, Brands amazing, great to take the car and try the suspension out finally. Not realising it was too soft and melting through one of my arch liners kinda sucked so dampening is now mega stiff and looking at getting 7KG springs for front and back to help the handling more.

Had no issues with the engine which was fantastic seeing as it was the first time its been 'thrashed' since it's been built.
Ryan let me have a drive in his 182, I forgot how much fun they where to drive! makes me miss my old one a lot more now but, bigger and better things are here!

modided2.png
modided3.png
modided4.png
modied1.png

Last edited:

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Has anyone had any experiences with A45 AMG's or Lotus Exiges? .. im getting a bit fed up of the megane and need something i dont have to throw money at to have fun and get more power!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Has anyone had any experiences with A45 AMG's or Lotus Exiges? .. im getting a bit fed up of the megane and need something i dont have to throw money at to have fun and get more power!

A45 hands down for a useable car. Utterly mind blowing things. Exige is amazing, but you've got to be in the mood for it. Right weather etc.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
A45 hands down for a useable car. Utterly mind blowing things. Exige is amazing, but you've got to be in the mood for it. Right weather etc.

A45 has been on my list for a small while. So I may have to go check them out and have a test drive!
My neighbour had an exige which I’ve wanted since I was 13 but obviously the weather will play a huge toll on it

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Elise is also on my radar. Don't think you'll get anything more fun and involving. Sod the AMG!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Elise is also on my radar. Don't think you'll get anything more fun and involving. Sod the AMG!

Been checking out S1 Elise’s as well, mega little things
S1 Elise with a Honda K20 lump in it! [emoji108]

A chap took me out in his for a few laps round Thuxton, and it blew my mind.

I don't know when, but I will be the proud owner of a Lotus at some point in my life that's for damn sure!

Unsure of what model though...

Probably an S2 Exige!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
S1 Elise with a Honda K20 lump in it! [emoji108]

A chap took me out in his for a few laps round Thuxton, and it blew my mind.

I don't know when, but I will be the proud owner of a Lotus at some point in my life that's for damn sure!

Unsure of what model though...

Probably an S2 Exige!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
I’ve wanted an S2 Exige since I was 14, now 25 I’m feeling like I need a quarterly life crisis!
The k20 swap is common, it’s a fantastic engine in a great shell!

No one ever seems to hold on to these for to long, me included.
Yeah I’m finding this out as wel, I’ve piled a fortune into it (some of it it not needed but hey) .. but after something I can just climb in and know I’m not gonna have to spend another 5/6k to get it decent

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
Wicked morning at fcs .. had to cut half way through the day due to a 3 1/2 hour drive to the Lake District.

Great to see everyone again, and thanks for the help, support and ginger jokes as per.
C00E2C0A-F7E2-491C-9ED9-25855FE4DCA9.jpeg

CF968F82-0B87-4497-9A5E-E5A0D3ED8E6F.jpeg
6B1B4429-4C04-4DA9-805B-F3966E063A2A.jpeg
E05FBA16-C31F-4432-8CD2-3CA32FDE69A6.jpeg

So I had a squeaking issue a couple of days ago I couldn’t find, had another look today at fcs and realised the shock had come off of the bushing with the bolt intact which ment I was trying to source parts to fix it. It ended up being @.Joe fixing it up for the drive home!

On the phone Monday to get a few spare parts.

D44A5955-1D4C-4985-AD9E-D43E9B09F506.jpeg
9F627644-9767-4B32-ADD0-AD4775A93CEB.jpeg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I would be getting in touch with BC themselves to send you the bush part . Warranty or no warranty would be nice if they send it to you foc.