ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane RS250 Cup

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Got my 35mm Prime lens back today, Gave the Megane a quick pressure wash and headed up the Glen after the sun had begun to set, Perfect light IMO for taking car photos.

14084300824_887b933401_b.jpg

Megane
by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

14080612171_be82abf531_b.jpg

Ready to attack

14084280064_de829d8a4d_b.jpg

Reflection

13897195430_4708fd0026_b.jpg

RenaultSport

13897166389_18ff05b326_b.jpg

RS250 Cup

14080629781_db5e699d6b_b.jpg

Le Derriere

14103823243_327d3f924a_b.jpg

B&W Megane

Also tried out a couple of proper HDR's, Not that sure on them but it was a first attempt so not that bad IMO....

13897136189_7727bc4d5a_b.jpg

RS250 HDR

14084252544_ee99fbf542_b.jpg

RS250 HDR 2

Again, C+C welcomed

Quick Spec:

Decat
Lightweight SMF Flywheel
Carbotech XP10 Pads Front, Yellowstuff Rear
Semi Slicks
Carbon Diamonds
Injen CAI
Midbox Delete

Needs remapped again, It was running a stage 1 map last year but was removed due to it being very very poor.

Nissan 350z
Nice pics! I never realised you didnt have BiXenon headlights, does yours not have the full "Vision Pack" then just the DRL addon?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I like these a lot!

Have pictures in the same spot - great roads!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
May as well make this a project thread now, Not much to update really. Running XP8's up front now with some RC5+'s on the rear couple with some custom J-Hook discs. Noisy but performance is superb.

Switched back to road tyres at the end of last year instead of Semi slicks, On PSS's for now. Wheels and Calipers are getting refurbed different colours next month and thats about it for now, Needs some bushes and a front end refresh as its getting a bit tired now.

Almost 3 years in my ownership, 40k miles, Many many trackdays included plus Spa/Ring. 5 years old in May, Doesn't look or really feel it. Was going to be replaced by something German and likely an E46 M3 but it is staying for the foreseeable as i would need to spend a considerable amount on getting an M3 to where this performs on track.

Hybrid turbo, Injectors and FMIC are happening in the summer, should be circa 360bhp. Getting stripped and caged, Target is 1200kgs. Plus the usual track spec stuff, Coilovers etc etc. Should be fun and will be relegated for track and the odd weekend blast. Not decided on what ill get as a daily, Likely to be Diesel, Maybe German.

Replaced the bootswitch the other week along with a few other bits and bobs, New N75 valve, Vacuum hoses etc along with a full service inc coilpacks
/Plugs and a larger cone filter for the CAI. Nothing major and just maintenance jobs really. Had the tracking done last week as well for the first time ever AFAIK and it was pretty much spot on which is surprising considering my aggressive use of kerbs. Running a touch more Toe out now for a bit more turn in, Its Mega now.

Since i know you all prefer photos, Heres a selection over the past year or so.

15468587501_065be4244c_b.jpg
DSC_1604 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

15127156167_ea3255c1e3_b.jpg
SXOC Weekender 2014-14 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

15310536611_50cd2e0e2b_b.jpg
10543563_10154506765610133_8023280795183027834_o by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

10177132093_00cc780909_b.jpg
XS2_0216 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

10177113736_fd03b81c2d_b.jpg
XS2_0177 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

10177032905_68d167ccdf_b.jpg
XS2_0535 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

9603550544_05c50ec886_b.jpg
CAD_4092 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

9600315931_6094db1e15_b.jpg
CAD_3921 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sport yellow is absolutely lovely! So much like sunflower! Love this Jamie, it'll be an absolute tool and a half @ 360bhp/1200kg's!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't need the extra power. 300 and a good driver is more than enough to see off most stuff on the road and track.

I'm going that route mainly to have the extra poke to keep up with friends boosted track cars. Plus when it was that power before it still felt slow. Be better with less weight I guess

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Had this in at Ecotune for a map on Friday as it always felt underpowered and not running how it should of, Now running 333bhp and similar torques. Increases of 40bhp/torque.

For now I'm going to sack off the Hybrid turbo as the 2.5k for an extra 20/30bhp just isn't justifiable for now. Will leave it running this power for now and see how it goes.

Had to replace the lower arm bushes as well as they were ruined, Now running Superpro polybushes, Much better. So direct now. Stiffer yes but more than bearable.

2003 Clio 172
I've really started to fall for these lately, especially yellow ones.
Yours is no exception, looks great!

Personally I'm sure roughly 300 hp would be more than enough for me in one of these. Surely a bit of change compared to a 172. :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Really nice.

Only RS Megane I've been in that was the Trophy R I had a go in at Brands, really REALLY liked it. Would have one in a second.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Im averaging 25mpg but its all fast A roads i drive daily, On a run from Kilmarnock>Fife on Saturday i seen 34mpg sitting at 90ish but it will do 40+ on a proper Eco run.

Single figures when on it though.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
This shape really pulls off the yellow and the headlights look better than on the face-lift.

Why would the hybrid cost that much, they're about 800 + a remap.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't account for the injectors but a hybrid is £834 from rs tuning.

Say 400 for a map and 180 for the 630cc dekas you're at 1400, plus fuel etc 1500. Fit the turbo yourself.

Still a lot of money for the gains although I think you'd see a lot more torque than bhp gains.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
That for an exchange turbo?

New Hybrid is £1145, Mapping/Injectors is £645 plus £200 for labour then add VAT onto of that, Soon gets expensive. Especially once you add in a decent FMIC on top of that.

Thats RST prices, Could probably save a bit by getting it fitted elsewhere but i don't have the time nor the motivation to be changing turbos on the drive.

Headline figures would be 350/360bhp and 360/370lbs-ft. Would be pretty nippy but IMO now that mine is running what it is i personally feel that it is plenty. I had assumed that the previous map was already running ~320bhp hence my plans for the Hybrid.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Been to Eco tune a couple of times... Stans a top man... Wonder if he could map the atom lol

PS Megane will be a complete hoot on track and looks great!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That for an exchange turbo?

New Hybrid is £1145, Mapping/Injectors is £645 plus £200 for labour then add VAT onto of that, Soon gets expensive. Especially once you add in a decent FMIC on top of that.

Thats RST prices, Could probably save a bit by getting it fitted elsewhere but i don't have the time nor the motivation to be changing turbos on the drive.

Headline figures would be 350/360bhp and 360/370lbs-ft. Would be pretty nippy but IMO now that mine is running what it is i personally feel that it is plenty. I had assumed that the previous map was already running ~320bhp hence my plans for the Hybrid.

Not sure, doesn't say here http://www.rstuning.co.uk/turbochar...ult-megane-rs-hybrid-turbo-rebuild-p-274.html

Yeah it is a lot of money.

Could you put the extra power down?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
@Ph1 Tom If it was mapped to be very linear then it should be fine, One of my friends had a forged engine build with a GTX28 on his Megane pushing 400+ and it was fine, Felt stock until it came on full boost but had no traction issues other than the usual 1st gear stuff like all high power FWD cars struggle with. He now has an E60 M5 mind you but he said if he were to ever come back to a Megane then a Hybrid would be plenty as he never really used it that much as it was just too quick for the road.

Aye that price on RST is for a rebuild of your current turbo

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Aye man, Just need to get my dished Sabelt wheel fitted to bring the wheel closer to me now then it should be pretty spot on.

Might even add in a CAE shifter at some point

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Not much to update, Was due to take this to the Ring in just over 3 weeks but that isn't happening now as my engine has expired and I'm not sure what the plan is with this now.

I would like to go forged with a GTX for 400-450bhp but its a lot of money.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Not much to update, Was due to take this to the Ring in just over 3 weeks but that isn't happening now as my engine has expired and I'm not sure what the plan is with this now.

Seen it today looking sorry for itself.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS

Damn. What let go?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
We suspect it had something to the water ingestion from 2 years back weakening it and its finally given up after 50k and some trackdays