ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane RS250 Cup

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Well the last month and a bit has been pretty manic and expensive.

Managed to source a replacement engine with similar miles to mine so had that fitted, While the engine was out i also fitted a hybrid turbo and bigger injectors as it seemed rude not to LOL!

Was a bit last minute, Or extremely last minute getting it ready for the Ring trip. We left at 5am on the Wednesday and on the Monday i still had winter tyres on and no brakes. AD08r's were fitted and some new pads and discs, Stuck with XP8's but i think ill be going back to some XP10's. Also didn't finish mapping it til 9PM on the Tuesday night, 8 hours before we were due to leave. Went for a "safe" map due to the engine being an unknown but we still managed to make 365bhp and 385lbs ft. Will be going back for some tweaks at some point though.

Car ran pretty flawless though, I done 25 laps and it didn't miss a beat, Other than some small niggles with he front end that meant i wasn't pushing it as hard as i normally would but it was still pretty fast, Never bothered fitting my track wheels with DZ03's though, Wasn't feeling the most confident in it as cornering speeds are vastly increased on them compared to the Yoko's. Half cage is getting done in the next month or two by Scott McMinn but will be built in a way it can be changed to a full cage later down the line.

Some videos from the Ring

Some of the highlights from all the laps i done

Chasing a well setup and prepared MK2 FRS with ~350bhp, Full cage, Properly stripped etc, The usual DRT spec really.

Got a few other quicker laps to upload when i get a chance on my dial up internet.

Also done a track night at Knockhill on Thursday past, Again car was mega especially as i stuck the track wheels on.

Z4
Makes me miss mine!
Good to see it getting used as it was intended.

The engine note is a little bland on these, but in real life is actually better than the videos suggest. I always had my rear seats down, sounded far better!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't actually take any of my own photos at all even though i had my DSLR with me.

27021953203_d12942ee78_b.jpg
IMG_7930 by Jamie Atkinson, on Flickr

27022203023_2de22bb221_b.jpg
20160524-racetracker_1567206_22658 by Jamie Atkinson, on Flickr

27598035456_aced3d5d93_b.jpg
20160524-racetracker_1565853_22656 by Jamie Atkinson, on Flickr

27558727391_5e443fe91a_b.jpg
20160522-racetracker_1566349_22657 by Jamie Atkinson, on Flickr

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Seen a few of these now and they look stunning. Was behind a red one the other, mature driver (woman) and it looked great

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Xmas update, treated the Megane to a set of ASTs and a rear cage, should have both fitted early January can't wait particularly for the suspension.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Getting cheap now as well, 8/9k will see you in a Cup spec one. All you need is cup spec, recaros and Xenons imo, the headlights are the one thing I regret not waiting out for

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Getting cheap now as well, 8/9k will see you in a Cup spec one. All you need is cup spec, recaros and Xenons imo, the headlights are the one thing I regret not waiting out for

I definitely want one when they near the bottom of their depreciation. Is the cup spec just stiffer suspension?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I definitely want one when they near the bottom of their depreciation. Is the cup spec just stiffer suspension?
Stiffer and lower Springs and shocks, Thicker ARB's, Red Brembos with grooved discs and the most important thing, the LSD.

I think they have done their depreciation now though, They did begin to get really cheap but picked up a bit and seem to have stayed steady for some time now, I only paid 14k for mine as well when i originally got it so haven't lost a massive amount tbf

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I can't stop looking at these. The want is so strong.

What is the difference between Cup and full fat in terms of equipment etc? I know full fat gets climate instead of manual air con, but what else is different?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Cup is pretty basic, Most stuff was an option whereas the Full fat has a lot more options as standard, As long as it has the Cup pack or is a Cup you wont go wrong TBH, Mine is a Cup but i bought it for its driving performance, If i wanted gadgets i'd of went a different route LOL

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Understandable. I'm currently in a Golf R on lease but it goes back in April so starting to think about replacing it. It's a good car but a little more on the comfortable side. Got a real itch for one of these still but, while I don't mind giving up a bit of comfort, some things are still essential as I do a reasonable amount of miles.

Cruise and Bluetooth are a must for me, while climate is very desirable but maybe not essential. Cups sometimes seem a touch cheaper so trying to work out what is what. I'd have to have Recaro seats, plus xenons and LED DRLs would be good. Spec on these seems all over the place though!

Clio F1 197 Cup
Understandable. I'm currently in a Golf R on lease but it goes back in April so starting to think about replacing it. It's a good car but a little more on the comfortable side. Got a real itch for one of these still but, while I don't mind giving up a bit of comfort, some things are still essential as I do a reasonable amount of miles.

Cruise and Bluetooth are a must for me, while climate is very desirable but maybe not essential. Cups sometimes seem a touch cheaper so trying to work out what is what. I'd have to have Recaro seats, plus xenons and LED DRLs would be good. Spec on these seems all over the place though!
All cars came with Cruise Control and Bluetooth as standard. I am in the same boat as you. Specs are all over the place. For me its not a Megane RS unless its a Cup/Cup Pack car. Again, its not an RS without Recaros and for me, I think the Xenons are a nice addition. If it helps, here is the original spec list/price list for the Megane on launch.

image.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just having a browse on pistonheads etc.. why did no one spec recaros?! Also, people saying 'every option ticked' with no recaros..

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
All cars came with Cruise Control and Bluetooth as standard. I am in the same boat as you. Specs are all over the place. For me its not a Megane RS unless its a Cup/Cup Pack car. Again, its not an RS without Recaros and for me, I think the Xenons are a nice addition. If it helps, here is the original spec list/price list for the Megane on launch.

image.jpg

Thanks for that, will have a read. Could clear up some of my questions!

Just having a browse on pistonheads etc.. why did no one spec recaros?! Also, people saying 'every option ticked' with no recaros..

Yeah. Quite an expensive option I assume, so most people probably went without them. They make the car for me so would be essential.

Suzuki Jimny

Mines got the leather recaros, such a stunning seat! Also cup pack and vis pack if anyone is after one! (also on 28k miles!)

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
brilliant cars, i have a mate selling a 250 cup on 55k for £9000. really clean example aswel

Seems cheap that. Most of the ones I've seen at that kind of money seem quite high mileage or a little rough.

Anyway, I have well and truly ruined Jamie's thread! So, if anyone has any good places for buying advice, perhaps it would be better to PM, or start a new topic lol.

Clio F1 197 Cup
Seems cheap that. Most of the ones I've seen at that kind of money seem quite high mileage or a little rough.

Anyway, I have well and truly ruined Jamie's thread! So, if anyone has any good places for buying advice, perhaps it would be better to PM, or start a new topic lol.
Lol yeah, sorry Jamie- still love your car though mate, interior is looking mean.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was talking to home about that, seems people would rather buy stock then spend a daft amount of money modifying it instead of saving thousands buying one with all the right parts already on it

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
What colour is it? Assuming from what you've said since it isn't 100% standard?

It was modified with AST's, miltek exhaust an a few other bits. I believe he is turning it back to standard to sell! Oh an it's white I can pm you his advert if you like

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah I was talking to home about that, seems people would rather buy stock then spend a daft amount of money modifying it instead of saving thousands buying one with all the right parts already on it

I do understand that to an extent. If you buy modified, there is always a niggle in my mind that it's had a hard life. Might not always be true, some modified ones are maybe mollycoddled more than standard ones, but it does always cross my mind. I saw one on the ktec website and it had a Castle Combe sticker on the back of it, which put me off. That and quite enjoy starting with a blank canvas!

How are these from a reliability perspective? Anything to watch out for?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
It is, thats the original Ad for it.

As per reliability, best asking other owners instead of me, I have quite a large list of things that have went wrong but then its been used properly, I bought it on 14k and it just ticked over 90k on my way home tonight.