ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Clio II RS 182
Dream to make the same result on my car. A question, your tires ares the pilot sport 3 size 195/45/16 ? Because now I have the 204/45/16 pilot sport 3 but I didn't knew that size exist !!!

Greg

For my own records I've been doing a more up to date spec list for the Clio today so thought i'd copy and paste in here too, the list is a fair bit longer than when I last made a similar list waaaay back on page 3 of the thread.......

Engine and exterior;
  • K-Tec Racing Induction kit
  • Re-map
  • Milltek cat-back stainless exhaust
  • Powerflex red exhaust hanger bushes
  • OMP front upper strut brace in anthracite grey
  • OMP rear upper strut brace in anthracite grey
  • Skoda Fabia front splitter
  • Honda S2000 aerial
Wheels and suspension;
  • Cup offset Turini’s re-furbished in silver
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres front and rear
  • Pure Motorsport 5mm wheel spacers front and rear
  • 30mm wheel bolts
  • Cooksport lowering springs
Brakes;
  • Brembo HC front discs with Brembo pads
  • Genuine Renault rear discs with Brembo pads
  • Calliper re-fresh painted silver front and rear
Interior and audio;
  • Sparco 3-spoke 330mm steering wheel finished in black suede
  • Momo steering boss
  • Custom steering wheel bracket (to retain cruise control functions)
  • Genuine Renault 'Clio' mats
  • Alpine CD player/radio
  • Audison 225w component front speakers with separate tweeters
  • Hertz Hi-Energy 140w co-axial rear speakers
  • Skinz kit (sound proofing) in both doors

RB Clio 182
For my own records I've been doing a more up to date spec list for the Clio today so thought i'd copy and paste in here too, the list is a fair bit longer than when I last made a similar list waaaay back on page 3 of the thread.......

Engine and exterior;
  • K-Tec Racing Induction kit
  • Re-map
  • Milltek cat-back stainless exhaust
  • Powerflex red exhaust hanger bushes
  • OMP front upper strut brace in anthracite grey
  • OMP rear upper strut brace in anthracite grey
  • Skoda Fabia front splitter
Wheels and suspension;
  • Cup offset Turini’s re-furbished in silver
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres front and rear
  • Pure Motorsport 5mm wheel spacers front and rear
  • 30mm wheel bolts
  • Cooksport lowering springs
Brakes;
  • Brembo HC front discs with Brembo pads
  • Genuine Renault rear discs with Brembo pads
  • Calliper re-fresh painted silver front and rear
Interior and audio;
  • Sparco 3-spoke 330mm steering wheel finished in black suede
  • Momo steering boss
  • Custom steering wheel bracket (to retain cruise control functions)
  • Genuine Renault 'Clio' mats
  • Alpine CD player/radio
  • Audison 225w component front speakers with separate tweeters
  • Hertz Hi-Energy 140w co-axial rear speakers
  • Skinz kit (sound proofing) in both doors
  • Honda S2000 aerial
Isnt the honda aerial an exterior mod mate? Although i can see it as audio too.

Cliosport 182
I do still have them yes but don't really have any plans to sell them to be honest, they don't seem to be worth that much ££ these days
No problems, if you ever do consider selling, let me know, I'm trying to keep my car OEM and really like the 182 wheels...great looking car btw.

Just a minor update, mainly to show this off incase anyone else wants one..... I've just got a TRS steering wheel cover purely for if/when the car has any work done at a garage etc to keep dirty hands off my brand new suede steering wheel, really nice quality and was only 12 quid off eBay! It's not on the car all the time obviously, just a handy thing to have :up:

P1040777_zpsycrsej37.jpg

P1040776_zpso9aoqsyc.jpg

Cheers to @T9 0LLE for pointing me in the right direction to get one :cool:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That looks quite handy for a suede wheel, bet it would be a nightmare without one when you take it to a garage.

I'm a huge fan of the wheel mate, it's on my "maybe I'll do that at somepoint" list so I'll be coming back to your project thread and I may get in touch if I go ahead :smile:

Cheers mate, you won't be disappointed if you do it! Makes a great improvement :smile:

Need more pics of the car haha

Looks great, im not a fan of after market steering wheels, as im an oem fan boy

I need to get some more photos of it your quite right, when we get some better weather and roads hopefully soon I'll be doing a mini photoshoot with the car as the star :smile: lol! Agreed with the wheel, i'm usually the first to say 'keep it oem' and was a tough choice especially as I have a mint snappy retrimmed wheel. But it was worth a punt imo and could always be changed back, i'll never sell my snappy wheel :cool:

Not a big update, but the purchase of new car parts all the same! Have bought the ball gearknob from @mintno1 's phase 1 172 as always preferred the look of these to the 182 equivalent (despite mine being posh leather lol), it just looks a bit more comfortable! As always they don't unscrew being lift reverse to it's easier just to send the whole thing 😂 thanks again for the rapid delivery and very well packaged :up: Not sure when it'll get fitted but pleased to finally have one to try as and when!

Can't see there being any issues when fitting? Straight swop?

Phase%201%20172%20Ball%20Gearknob%20-%20February%202017%2002_zpsnsgg96f8.jpg

Phase%201%20172%20Ball%20Gearknob%20-%20February%202017%2001_zpsy4e7zqpz.jpg

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
It is a straight swap, however, the colour of the shaft is different, its a lighter grey, it will stand out.

Tape and wrap the knob with a cloth and use a pair of stilsons and a vice to remove it, it will come off eventually, I had to do it with mine. Then saw your current one off and fit it on there with a dab of superglue.

It is a straight swap, however, the colour of the shaft is different, its a lighter grey, it will stand out.

Tape and wrap the knob with a cloth and use a pair of stilsons and a vice to remove it, it will come off eventually, I had to do it with mine. Then saw your current one off and fit it on there with a dab of superglue.

Thanks for the information there, very handy to know!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Either that, or change it and fit it as it is.

You will need to access it from underneath the cat/decat. Undo the cat/decat, on do the bolt that goes through the gearstick bush and undo the 4 surround bolts and it drops out. Reverse the process when fitting the new one.

Took the Clio out for it's first 'proper' run of 2017 today and thought it would be rude not to get some fresh photos :cool:

I'll post a few here but as there was quite a few, I started a new thread in the Media forum here;

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/new-photos-of-the-arctic-182.805118/

P1040818_zps7hpvkxsv.jpg

P1040810_zpsf8xz0hfo.jpg

P1040824_zps2ket4mbl.jpg

For anyone interested in the show plates and haven't seen them before, believe it or not they are a genuine Renault part!

Renault%20Sport%20Show%20Plates%20-%20February%202017%2001_zpsdhkzvtpx.jpg

Link here;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-R...026013?hash=item41ac34f51d:g:B1sAAOSwvg9XV9ta

Looks pretty perfect from here mate!
And show plates ordered too - copycatting continues...!

Thanks matey :up:

Haha that's absolutely fine, I saw the plates on another car on here and was like 'I need some!!' ...... never thought when I took a punt on eBay they'd a) exist as a listing or b) be that cheap............. has to be done!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Car looks great Steve, look forward to seeing what else you do with it, it's a credit to you :up:

Nice work getting it to where it is now...looking good..

i think ive passed you a few times going the other way .around hopton a few times ?

I've got a silver 182 .has orange turinis ATM.

Nice work getting it to where it is now...looking good..

i think ive passed you a few times going the other way .around hopton a few times ?

I've got a silver 182 .has orange turinis ATM.

I think I know the car actually! I'm sure i've seen that about but not sure if it would have been mine you saw near Hopton as it doesn't come out very often lol