ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

I think I know the car actually! I'm sure i've seen that about but not sure if it would have been mine you saw near Hopton as it doesn't come out very often lol
i know what you mean about taking it out alot..I've put 15k on my mine since owning it's.so gave up not putting alot of miles on it now.
your friends with ollie with the Monaco 172?I'm his postman with a 182..I do like his 172.sounds very nice..

i know what you mean about taking it out alot..I've put 15k on my mine since owning it's.so gave up not putting alot of miles on it now.
your friends with ollie with the Monaco 172?I'm his postman with a 182..I do like his 172.sounds very nice..

Yeah that's the one, what a small world! Ollie's car is a cracker tho, he's put some good effort into that car making it what it is. He's more track focused tho, i'm more oem+ ha! @T9 0LLE would agree with that :smile: How long have you had yours now to put 15k on it out of interest? Mine's only a second car/good weather toy as was with the previous owner so still only on 71,500 miles ish

I'm trying to keep mine running well and driving nice...has the unusual.miltek,ktec filter and eibach.could benefit from a engine dynamics remap.but not prepared to drive there lol

mines my daily car.I've had mine for around 2 years..I think it's on around 94k.I tend to drive with cruise control on Set so I can't see the miles go up lol.

It does look really good, I will bring mine to yours and you can tidy it up for me :wink: What's next?

Just to enjoy it now tbh! All the little mods and things I wanted to do are done so will be nice to put some miles on it and just enjoy........... but I said that before and then the wheels happened. Then the steering wheel happened. And so on....... 😂 But all that IS done now.

When areocoat refurbished your wheels.did they also do the centre caps??

Yes they did, wheels AND centre caps, it's £40 a wheel + VAT so I think I paid £192 total and the turnaround was sooo quick, roughly two days.

Just to enjoy it now tbh! All the little mods and things I wanted to do are done so will be nice to put some miles on it and just enjoy........... but I said that before and then the wheels happened. Then the steering wheel happened. And so on....... 😂 But all that IS done now.

Yes they did, wheels AND centre caps, it's £40 a wheel + VAT so I think I paid £192 total and the turnaround was sooo quick, roughly two days.
was hoping they can change the renault badge back to a silver and not black..when I've decided what colour to go..

last time I went down aerocoat they offerd to take tyres off and back in again..must be something new..

Attachments

• 20170307_142600.jpg
    20170307_142600.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 60
was hoping they can change the renault badge back to a silver and not black..when I've decided what colour to go..

last time I went down aerocoat they offerd to take tyres off and back in again..must be something new..

Oh really? I've never known them to offer that! To be honest, would save a lot of hassle!! I took just the rims down there in the usual way and that was only in November! The Renault badges are just clipped into the round centre cap however, you could always take the black ones off and press in some shiney new silver ones :up:

Oh really? I've never known them to offer that! To be honest, would save a lot of hassle!! I took just the rims down there in the usual way and that was only in November! The Renault badges are just clipped into the round centre cap however, you could always take the black ones off and press in some shiney new silver ones :up:
ooh I didn't know the badges came out...maybe il get new ones .:up::up:..

So I got the car out of the garage first thing and spent nearly all of this morning washing, drying and then waxing the Clio....... everything gets a coating, even the number plates and side repeaters so with the car eventually all done I stood back and looked at it and I looked like this --> :grinning: well not yellow, bit a big cheesy grin, you know what I mean! Anyway, was just finishing the last job of putting on some meguiars tyre shine and then noticed a sizable screw sticking out of the off side rear tyre, quite close to the edge 🙈 Yep, one of the almost brand new PS3's that's only done about 200 miles!! So I tried to take it out slowly and straight away, psssssst went the air. Crap! Pushed it back in. So then took the car over to a local tyre place after lunch as it's £18.90 for a puncture repair.......... only to be told it's 3mm, yes 3mm too close to the edge and couldn't be done!! So that's another new PS3 on order for fitting in the week. GUTTED! But it's one of my best mate's who I took it too, so when he says it can't be done, it really can't be done. Just a bit of a bummer it was a brand new tyre!!! At least it's only one and still available however!

P.S. my need to buff up the Clio again wasn't anything to do with @MrBlonde 's recent photos, honest! Well, maybe a little :wink:

So I got the car out of the garage first thing and spent nearly all of this morning washing, drying and then waxing the Clio....... everything gets a coating, even the number plates and side repeaters so with the car eventually all done I stood back and looked at it and I looked like this --> :grinning: well not yellow, bit a big cheesy grin, you know what I mean! Anyway, was just finishing the last job of putting on some meguiars tyre shine and then noticed a sizable screw sticking out of the off side rear tyre, quite close to the edge 🙈 Yep, one of the almost brand new PS3's that's only done about 200 miles!! So I tried to take it out slowly and straight away, psssssst went the air. Crap! Pushed it back in. So then took the car over to a local tyre place after lunch as it's £18.90 for a puncture repair.......... only to be told it's 3mm, yes 3mm too close to the edge and couldn't be done!! So that's another new PS3 on order for fitting in the week. GUTTED! But it's one of my best mate's who I took it too, so when he says it can't be done, it really can't be done. Just a bit of a bummer it was a brand new tyre!!! At least it's only one and still available however!

P.S. my need to buff up the Clio again wasn't anything to do with @MrBlonde 's recent photos, honest! Well, maybe a little :wink:
I used this in my ps3 when it had a nail 1 inch from the sidewall and hasn't lost any air.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-T...758604?hash=item4af9c10d8c:g:-GUAAOSwZQRYf5Ua

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Haha well worth the effort once done mate.Now the weather is kind of getting a bit better so easier to keep on top of it,look forward to the photos.

Think i may get some PS3's next to,cant think of any mid range tires to get so prob go all out with the PS3's.

Oh for sure! I'm glad I spent the time doing it, the car is very clean but beadage wasn't quite as good so this top up has made it super smooth again! A little shower of rain when I went to the garage showed the better beads are back :up: lol!

I'd go for the PS3's mate, they are a decent tyre but not crazy expensive. The 195's were my choice as said!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
I used this in my ps3 when it had a nail 1 inch from the sidewall and hasn't lost any air.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-T...758604?hash=item4af9c10d8c:g:-GUAAOSwZQRYf5Ua

Good thread 182_steve, enjoying reading it.

Here's the main reason I am posting though :down:

I had a similer experience to you on the tyre front, rolled it out the Garage and ended up with this :rage:

20170319_155805.jpg

flebay, could I get that stuff in your link for this? I know it's close to the the edge or is it a new Rainsport £££ 😞

Cheers for the comment :up:

I think that's a new tyre tho sadly, I only say that as that nail looks even closer to the edge than the screw in my tyre and I need a new tyre!

This is mine, you can see how new the tyre is..........

IMG_6116_zpshgcpoysy.jpg

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers for the comment :up:

I think that's a new tyre tho sadly, I only say that as that nail looks even closer to the edge than the screw in my tyre and I need a new tyre!

This is mine, you can see how new the tyre is..........

IMG_6116_zpshgcpoysy.jpg
Cheers 182_steve.

Yep new tyre it is then, what a bummer :cry:

That's a good question to be honest, this seemed to come up yesterday when ordering a replacement as in two types but can't help as my mate just ordered it for me, same as when I had all 4 done!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Just read whole thread @182_steve and the cars an absolute credit to you. Love the oem+ approach and attention to detail is superb and honestly I'm properly looking forward to when (I presume) you tackle the engine bay

Just read whole thread @182_steve and the cars an absolute credit to you. Love the oem+ approach and attention to detail is superb and honestly I'm properly looking forward to when (I presume) you tackle the engine bay

Thanks very much for that bud, that's appreciated :up: yeah I always prefer the oem+ look for my cars, standard looks but modified underneath. These cars are great out of the box though so just minimal engine mods with this one. I've just enjoyed tidying it up and adding a few touches here and there, the wheels and spacers have made the biggest visual change, glad I changed my mind afterall as was going to keep the 182's as you'd have read. The engine bay just needs the covers powder coated/painted doesn't it, it's on the list. Oh and maybe a new coolant bottle and coolant change. Oh and................ i'll stop typing now 🙈😂

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lol, yeah it can soon snowball

as mentioned in my odyssey thread, easy to get carried away and spend a fortune! speaking of which, I'm looking at the pms spacers too, specifically 10mm rears, it says on website its for a pair for 36 quid plus delivery but also asks for quantity when you order.......how much did you pay for how many?!lol!! @182_steve

Good thread 182_steve, enjoying reading it.

Here's the main reason I am posting though :down:

I had a similer experience to you on the tyre front, rolled it out the Garage and ended up with this :rage:

View attachment 181342

flebay, could I get that stuff in your link for this? I know it's close to the the edge or is it a new Rainsport £££ 😞
Its in the tread area and not the sidewall so that could be plugged.

Be safe stay dirty.

lol, yeah it can soon snowball

as mentioned in my odyssey thread, easy to get carried away and spend a fortune! speaking of which, I'm looking at the pms spacers too, specifically 10mm rears, it says on website its for a pair for 36 quid plus delivery but also asks for quantity when you order.......how much did you pay for how many?!lol!! @182_steve

I'd 100% recommend them, they are very good quality as you can hopefully see from my photos. That's an easy one to answer however, I bought quantity '1' as they come in pairs but needed the two sizes as different for front and rear, from memory it was 150mm front and 135mm rear I think (2 different listings on website so quantity one, twice LOL!) so I paid £30 a pair + £10 postage and packing = £70 total :up:

Last edited:
More pics steve, more pics god dammit haha

Ask and you shall receive 😂

Well, I had the car out of the garage to have the tyre changed first thing this morning, so why not! Here we have a few random new photos all taken before 9am hence the lighting isn't perfect, but they still came out ok I thought :up:

P1040832_zpscgf3rnka.jpg

P1040833_zpsguaxowtb.jpg

P1040834_zps3nv1rljb.jpg

Here's a couple of randoms, people take photos of the headlights and number plate light so thought i'd be a copy cat!

P1040830_zpsfj333tk1.jpg

P1040828_zpspq0vvrzd.jpg

........ and the brand new PS3 getting fitted, to replace the old brand new PS3 lol!

P1040836_zps4acsxaua.jpg

P1040837_zpsqeq9tojz.jpg