ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

The postman brought me this yesterday, so after Christmas I can see about getting the new wheel and boss kit etc all fitted :grinning:

It's an alternative to the version I was originally going to get but should look just as good I think. Have been waiting since early November for the other one and with still no idea when I might get it, I basically got impatient lol! This was ordered, paid for and received in just a few days!

P1040714_zpsdbtbqzb7.jpg

P1040715_zpsd5ecgs4x.jpg

All black 4 button version custom bracket, didn't need buttons for horn as obviously have a horn push on the new Sparco wheel.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I personally prefer the other one as they have a better shape to them.

But at least now you can get it fitted. I know Josh us busy with hes race car plus xmas so it would be a longer wait id imagine.

Yeah it's no problem, I too prefer the rounder shape of Josh's if i'm honest, the only thing that I wasn't so keen on myself was the fact the bracket is kind of see through, although smoked. This one being a solid black ticks that box so we'll see what this one looks like and go from there :up:

The steering wheel finally went in the car today and I am really pleased with it, I can now add Sparco wheel, Momo boss and custom bracket to the little list of changes, plus just in time to be classed as the last new mod of 2016!

Feels much smaller than standard as you all know at only 330mm but feels great and so far everything works as it should with no lights on the dash. Just need to say a quick thanks to @Dr Jekyll again for some much appreciated guidance in regards to the fitting.

I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking but as its New Year's Eve, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! :blush:

New%20Steering%20Wheel%20Fitted%20-%2031st%20December%202016%2001_zps3oa76e4f.jpg

New%20Steering%20Wheel%20Fitted%20-%2031st%20December%202016%2002_zpsvj44diqr.jpg

New%20Steering%20Wheel%20Fitted%20-%2031st%20December%202016%2003_zpstyeplohb.jpg

I like that Steve! Also the angular bracket works well with that wheel as its not so curved so it looks well together.

Was fitting as easy as mentioned? Happy to help :smile:

Yeah it's all gone on well, I agree about the bracket 100%, didn't realise how much more square the lines were on my wheel compared to the Sabelt!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Just had a read through all of this. Car looks great, definitely up to your usual standard!

Where did you have your wheels powder coated? Mine need doing badly. Need new rubber too so seems logical to have them done together!

Just had a read through all of this. Car looks great, definitely up to your usual standard!

Where did you have your wheels powder coated? Mine need doing badly. Need new rubber too so seems logical to have them done together!

Thanks mate, much appreciated :up:

Wheels were done at Aerocote and only took around 2 days so was really pleased with the turnaround, quality of the work was just as good as expected. Bought the wheels one weekend, the following weekend they were on the car with all fresh tyres!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Thanks mate, much appreciated :up:

Wheels were done at Aerocote and only took around 2 days so was really pleased with the turnaround, quality of the work was just as good as expected. Bought the wheels one weekend, the following weekend they were on the car with all fresh tyres!

Think I liked the Fez RST you had the best, but this is good too lol.

Where are Aerocote based? Just googling it, the St Olaves one? What kind of money do they charge?

Think I liked the Fez RST you had the best, but this is good too lol.

Where are Aerocote based? Just googling it, the St Olaves one? What kind of money do they charge?

Yeah that was my best RS, should never have sold it and i still regret it now over 4 years on. Oh well! Yes Aerocote are in St. Olaves and was about £190 for all 4, about £40 ish a wheel + VAT anyway :up:

So today has seen the arrival of the little purchase I treated myself to on Christmas Day...... from eBay France!

A little mini me for the Clio :smiley:

Clio%20Model%20-%203rd%20January%202016%2001_zps6oznruko.jpg

Now I have the Turini's, looks like my car right? :wink: Well the eagle eyed will spot the '2002' so it is of course a 172 Cup, the Jean Ragnotti reference is to the French rally car driver in the 1980's and this model is of the French version of what we call the 172 Cup over here.

That all said, not a bad colour match lol!

Clio%20Model%20-%203rd%20January%202016%2002_zpsgotdnegq.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah that was my best RS, should never have sold it and i still regret it now over 4 years on. Oh well! Yes Aerocote are in St. Olaves and was about £190 for all 4, about £40 ish a wheel + VAT anyway :up:

Think we all have cars we regret selling! Clios are great cars though. Mine was only meant to be a stopgap but can't bring myself to sell it! Cheers for the info, will give them a call some time. Few other bits to replace though, so it might have to wait a little while yet.

Yesterday saw the delivery of new car parts :laughing:

Big thanks to @George@RTR_Parts for sorting this so quickly for me, much appreciated!

The car is now away having this lot fitted as I type this;

P1040760_zpsrjvtpx0p.jpg

It's the usual combination, but one that I think should be ideal for what I use the car for.......

• Brembo HC front discs
  • Genuine Renault rear discs
  • Brembo front pads
  • Brembo rear pads
  • Genuine Renault replacement hub nuts for the rear
  • Genuine Renault washers for the rear

While the car is away and the brakes are in bits i'm also getting the hubs painted black and the callipers painted silver to freshen it all up and for a nice oem+ look so fingers crossed, should all look smart!

Received some progress photos of the new brakes being fitted and callipers being re-painted/re-freshed from the place doing the work and have to say i'm really pleased!! It's another good step forward to making the car as clean/mint as I can get it but still able to enjoy the car :up:

Wouldn't it be nice if brakes could just stay looking like this?

Kevs%20Photo%20-%20New%20Front%20Brakes%20-%20January%202017_zpsfig17i0w.jpg

Kevs%20Photo%20-%20New%20Rear%20Brakes%20-%20January%202017_zpsu0ao27zq.jpg

Finally, this was a nice touch I thought, a 'before and after' type thing. I think we can all agree this proves how much better they look now!!

Kevs%20Photo%20-%20Brakes%20-%20Before%20amp%20After%20-%20January%202017_zpsrlixlq8l.jpg

@Dr Jekyll glad I went for the silver now, nice and oem as we said......... but grey for yours could be a nice touch!

I'm thinking blue. I will get a side photo and put up a photoshop request later I think.

What's next for yours now mate?

Ahh nice! Colour coded to the car or a slightly different shade? I think that could look very smart as long as it's the right shade!

As for mine, to be honest it's time to just enjoy the car now........ still not done many miles in it and have now done everything (mod wise) I think I want to do. But we shall see 😂

Yeah I know what you mean! It's in the garage wrapped up so won't get scratched........ just a chore taking it off for the trickle charger every time but will have to copy your idea :up:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Such a clean example, very nice indeed. The only thing it needs imo is the inlet and injector cover painting. Maybe silver or a light metallic grey so it doesn't look too modded?

That looks brilliant mate, you have made it into the perfect example.

That's very kind, thanks mate! :blush:

Such a clean example, very nice indeed. The only thing it needs imo is the inlet and injector cover painting. Maybe silver or a light metallic grey so it doesn't look too modded?

I do agree, that is possibly something for further down the line but yes 100% silver or metallic grey would be the colour choice :up:

Not seen those center hub caps before? What are they from?

Interesting spot! Just to show up my ignorance have your cars not got them? My first Clio so nothing to compare. If they've been added, would have been done by the previous owner I would have thought

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Loving the steering wheel, I missed out on a Renault/Sabelt one that came up over Christmas but it will happen at some point :smile: brakes look great too, silver looks great with the blue :up:

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Perfect mate - one of the best feelings is knowing that important stuff is all new and working. Nice touch with the 1:43 mini-me too :)