ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Right, Flickr account is now all sorted so photobucket can now do one......... cheers for the heads up above :up:

Seems like a good opportunity to upload a few photos of the car and try it out (also as now all my photos are gone!!)

:cool:

35626707636_81c74735e5_b.jpg

34857352373_8917936b1c_b.jpg

35666316685_43f25cfafa_b.jpg

34825232314_9769c7a6ca_b.jpg

34857352973_47b189d4c3_b.jpg

35626713056_1fea74d02c_b.jpg

34857350013_61023b50b2_b.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
On a side note, Flickr has always been better than photobucket, even from a qaulity point of view. But what really turned me off PB a few years ago was you cannot edit any of the titles or album's once the pics has been posted. If you do, the pics disappeared. With Flickr, you can add descriptions, changed titles and even move the pics to different folders on Flickr and the posted pic/pics still stay visable, as the were before, just with the change of info :up:

Car is still look awesome mate, really nice oem+ example :up::smile:

Looks cool with the show plates on pal.
Photo bucket should be sued for ruining loads of people's threads!

Cheers :up::up:
You're so right, I still can't believe i've lost all my photos on here, I mean these threads take us all a lot of time to create and keep up to date and is cool to look back on what we've done. Not like I can go back to the start and replace all the photos, that truly would be a mission!!

The thing that slightly confused me with Flickr was that I uploaded those photos earlier, got the codes, posted the photos, logged out and now I can't find them anywhere when I sign in again. Yet the photos still appear on here above!? Strange!

Anyway, updates from here onwards should be all sorted again!

On a side note, Flickr has always been better than photobucket, even from a qaulity point of view. But what really turned me off PB a few years ago was you cannot edit any of the titles or album's once the pics has been posted. If you do, the pics disappeared. With Flickr, you can add descriptions, changed titles and even move the pics to different folders on Flickr and the posted pic/pics still stay visable, as the were before, just with the change of info :up:

Car is still look awesome mate, really nice oem+ example :up::smile:

Cheers Mark, much appreciated :cool:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Only thing that annoys me about Flickr is you can't, or I can't at least, get the embedded code for forums from my mobile whether on the app or web page. I always have to go on my Mac if I want to do that.

Looks great as usual.

Anymore plans for it?

Looks great as usual.

Anymore plans for it?

Cheers matey :up:

Regards future plans, the list is very small to be honest as I pretty much have the car just as I want it now. As mentioned above though I have it booked into Engine Dynamics for a re-map etc and can't wait to see what it makes good or bad, otherwise new coolant bottle is getting sorted while there and at a later date I wouldn't mind getting the inlet powder coated silver to match the silver of the wheels, but we shall see. Odds and ends really!

In other news, the car has decided it won't rev past 5k as of Thursday, but no lights on the dash, no limp mode and it seems to run perfectly when running around town and normal cruise speed/low revs but as soon as you come off a roundabout say and accelerate, it won't go past 4.5-5k in any gear and if you hold the accelerator down for a sec, can feel it kind of coughing/light judder as it's struggling to go further........ it's booked into our local Renault for the 10th to be looked at and hopefully sorted so won't use the car until then just incase. Fingers crossed for an injector or something!!

So today was the day the Clio went into the local Renault and I hopefully now have some answers in regards to why it's holding back at around 5k etc.......... it's been recommended to change the coil pack and spark plugs to sort the running issue so these are being done. Typically, the spark plugs would have been changed when the car gets serviced at Engine Dynamics later in the month but they didn't quite make it and at least it's one less thing for Andy and the boys to do. There is also a small leak I've noticed too which appears to be the sump gasket so this is being done as well. Hopefully getting it back Wednesday!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So today was the day the Clio went into the local Renault and I hopefully now have some answers in regards to why it's holding back at around 5k etc.......... it's been recommended to change the coil pack and spark plugs to sort the running issue so these are being done. Typically, the spark plugs would have been changed when the car gets serviced at Engine Dynamics later in the month but they didn't quite make it and at least it's one less thing for Andy and the boys to do. There is also a small leak I've noticed too which appears to be the sump gasket so this is being done as well. Hopefully getting it back Wednesday!
That's not too bad I guess a bit of a s#itter as it's going to ED soon for a sevice, may as well get it all done at Mitchell's an just go to ED for the map??

That's not too bad I guess a bit of a s#itter as it's going to ED soon for a sevice, may as well get it all done at Mitchell's an just go to ED for the map??

I saw that first thing this morning mate and was like ":up:" nice one as hadn't thought of that tbh so got on the phone to Mitchell's at 8am and told them to do an oil, oil filter and pollen filter change on top of the work already agreed too. It's already having spark plugs so will take the book tomorrow to be stamped when I get it back. Still getting map and coolant (and bottle) change at ED so hopefully Andy won't mind, would have done it there otherwise.

What symptoms was you getting Steve?

The car suddenly decided it didn't want to rev past 5k when we were on the return journey from collecting Ollie's boosted Clio, but there were no lights on the dash, no limp mode and it seemed to run perfectly when running around town and at normal cruise speed/low revs! BUT... as soon as you come off a roundabout say and accelerate, it wouldn't go past 4.5-5k in any gear and if you hold the accelerator down for a sec, could feel it kind of cough/light judder as it was struggling to go further

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Very strange when my TDC was playing up the car would just hesitate and want to cut out, defo didn't like slow speed. Could be the old injector issue or the usual sparks, leads, coilpack etc.

The crank sensor can also cause that issue too steve.

Thanks Mark, didn't know that so if the issue isn't resolved this time, that will be the direction to go then :up:

Very strange when my TDC was playing up the car would just hesitate and want to cut out, defo didn't like slow speed. Could be the old injector issue or the usual sparks, leads, coilpack etc.

Fingers crossed it is indeed spark plugs and coil pack as that's what they've changed lol......... but as above, crank senor will be another thing to check although hopefully it'll be ok now

After being in Renault for 3 days from Monday first thing to Wednesday evening, I finally got the car back last night and i'm very pleased to say that so far, so good! Gave it a little blast on the way home and there was no holding back or hesitation and it was revving as normal. So fingers crossed the new spark plugs and coilpack have done the trick. It was also serviced while there with a new pollen filter and I had the sump gasket changed too........ apparently the master tech (with 28 years at Renault!!) was trying to avoid to job as it was a big job to do lol but he did it and seems to have done it very well! Time will tell if there's anymore minor leaks.............. apparently all the subframe and all that was laying on the workshop floor as he had to take loads off to change the gasket. Oops! Can see why he was trying to avoid it! But all good :cool:

In other news, this morning I've spent about 3 and a half hours on my French Car Show prep! Have washed the car with my usual Autobrite shampoo and given it a good coat of bufty stuff too. Wheels cleaned, tyres dressed bla bla. I'm well chuffed with how it looks............ how it looks after a 3 hour ish drive there is another matter!

Photos as it stands right now :up:

35057085984_0b272e6c64_b.jpg

35508813990_aafa890640_b.jpg

Had to put the sticker in, especially as it's blue :cool:

35508813440_b9a6d1be16_b.jpg

.............. the only small bummer is that I spotted this while cleaning it. Must have happened in the last week or so as was defo not like this when I last cleaned it. Oh well! Must have been a stone flick up and crack it!

35508814260_48af58c8b9_b.jpg

Went to French Car Show today at Donington with @T9 0LLE with the cars on the club stand and had a great day, putting around 350-360 miles on the Clio......... just can't believe my sat nav took us and down the dusty track into the circuit and completely ruined how clean my car had managed to stay for the 180 mile journey up there in like 2 minutes, leaving me with a bit of a dusty mess on the stand 🙈 standing back a few paces, looked great though 😂

VERY early start!

35942598535_cc08a9ce5d_z.jpg

..... and the 'i've been to French Car Show' photo, had to be done! :cool:

35810249211_937a15c64e_z.jpg

On the way back home however, the feckin' 5k revving issue returned so seems like the coil pack and spark plugs wasn't the answer afterall! More investigation is required!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I defo think its going to be an injector issue now if you have changed the plugs, leads and coilpack, maybe even pre cat lambda? Hard to tell without getting some logs from the car. You can get them new for around £30/35 each, injectors that is.

I defo think its going to be an injector issue now if you have changed the plugs, leads and coilpack, maybe even pre cat lambda? Hard to tell without getting some logs from the car. You can get them new for around £30/35 each, injectors that is.

It's had brand new genuine Renault spark plugs and coil pack but not leads......... yet! The thing is, there's still no dash lights, no limp mode and when plugged in at Renault, there were zero codes or issues logged!! So strange. Leads or injectors or maybe even the current map on the car could all be the next avenue to go down!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Crank sensor sounds like a good shout, shame you haven't got one you could just try, hopefully it is an easy fix :up: if it does turn out to be an injector issue I got a full set of the OEM injectors from Renparts for £130 delivered which was the best I could find for quick delivery

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
If you tell Andy before you go to ED he will have one ready for you to go, that's what he did for me. The new design requires two wires to be soldered i believe as it's a new type of plug.