ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Since the last update, I've now spoken to Andy @ Engine Dynamics again and he said they'll run the car on the dyno when I go down there and see what the car is doing and then in my words, problem find from there. I was going to get the crank sensor to take with me but he said it doesn't sound like that's the cause of the issue BUT if it does need one, he has one on the shelf anyway! Hoping it'll be a reasonably simple fix and then the car can be mapped on the dyno at the same time, but we shall see what happens. Can't map it as it is!!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Since the last update, I've now spoken to Andy @ Engine Dynamics again and he said they'll run the car on the dyno when I go down there and see what the car is doing and then in my words, problem find from there. I was going to get the crank sensor to take with me but he said it doesn't sound like that's the cause of the issue BUT if it does need one, he has one on the shelf anyway! Hoping it'll be a reasonably simple fix and then the car can be mapped on the dyno at the same time, but we shall see what happens. Can't map it as it is!!

Sounds good, fingers crossed they can fix whatever the issue is, hopefully something simple :up:

I can get some photos over the weekend & they are in good condition & working.I dont need them anymore because of my fog ducts mods i done.

Nice one cheers for that will keep an eye out for them........ if they are in great nick and not cloudy etc i'll be very interested. Ideally in both so that they match if that makes sense :up:

Sounds good, fingers crossed they can fix whatever the issue is, hopefully something simple :up:

Cheers bud, keep an eye on the thread for an update lol!

I've been getting together a very small collection of parts recently to go on the car asap and fingers crossed these will be fitted tomorrow, gone for the Whiteline ARB (simply as the PMS one looked a bit hardcore for what I want it for) and the usual Powerflex (yellow) engine mount insert....... says he who was quite firm in that the car didn't need anything else!!!

35989820206_4c2b1ac038_b.jpg

35989819906_4b6b56db07_b.jpg

@Dr Jekyll I saw that too late!! But thanks anyway mate! Out of interest, do they sell genuine parts?

------------------

Today was the day for the car to go to Engine Dynamics and i'm very pleased to report, my revving/running issue is SORTED! :smiley:

It turned out to be the fuel pump! When the car was first run on the dyno, in it's usual style it was totally fine below 5,000 revs, but as soon as the car went past this and tried to go further with the foot down, the fuel would completely drop off!! Due to this, on the initial power runs it was making 153bhp (and even worse, 114bhp at 7500rpm!!). Luckily Andy had a replacement uprated fuel pump on the shelf, got it fitted and all was fine. The car was then mapped and in short, I now have a strong 180.9bhp. As you can imagine, the car is now totally transformed and I'm really pleased it's all ok.

You can see on my power graph before and after how the car was behaving, the dotted lines show how it was falling off at higher revs!

35661498910_da9175e0a1_b.jpg

Also while there, the Whiteline ARB has been fitted along with the Powerflex upper engine mount insert I supplied but I also asked if they had a Powerflex dogbone insert as well. Which they did, so that was done as well! I had also requested a new genuine coolant bottle to be supplied and fitted with a fresh coolant change and this was done as well so it's looking fresh and running sooo much better, all stamped in the book too for the coolant change.

Can't recommend Engine Dynamics enough, Andy kept me fully informed and updated at all times in regards to what was going on with my car during the day and the availability of parts was great too meaning the fuel pump was sorted as soon as discovered!

Photos :cool:

36050895245_b51c5dfd03_b.jpg

35661498610_567e340fbf_b.jpg

36050895125_c3a296cb63_b.jpg

36050894995_c4142f3a9f_b.jpg

Level looks low above, but is just the angle of the photo :up:

35661498470_0f5051545c_b.jpg

Great work mate,im looking forward to having mine done.

Did you get any videos on the rollers and how is it to drive now,how different does it feel/drive?

I didn't get any videos no, was too busy chilling in the waiting area lol! But could certainly hear it on the rollers 🙈

In regards to the drive, it is VERY responsive now and pulls hard after 5k. With the ARB as well, just feels nice and planted. Thing is though, I notice big changes due to how it was running before which I was getting used to so you may not see so much difference on yours if that makes sense? So worth doing though!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Sounds great, glad they were able to sort out the issue quickly and you could get all the other bit's done as well. You must be really happy with 180.9 I know I would be :smile: how does the arb feel? I know you haven't had a lot of time with it yet :up:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Really pleased you've got to the bottom of the problems Steve. Car looks great and power is good too.

What's the next mod? :tongueclosed:

Sounds great, glad they were able to sort out the issue quickly and you could get all the other bit's done as well. You must be really happy with 180.9 I know I would be :smile: how does the arb feel? I know you haven't had a lot of time with it yet :up:

Cheers bud yes i'm very pleased with that power figure, afterall, it still has a CAT and only a cat-back exhaust and K-Tec induction kit......... feels very planted as said above when going round roundabouts but was a pretty gentle drive home, mainly single carriageway when nearer to home soil

Really pleased you've got to the bottom of the problems Steve. Car looks great and power is good too.

What's the next mod? :tongueclosed:

Thanks Jon :up: next mod is new foglight and letting my wallet recover from all this 😂🙈

Can only echo what others have said.

Glad the issues are sorted and your happy with the mapping. Car still looks wicked!!

Thanks Mark and again for your help along the way.... glad it was an easy fix!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine decatted and unsilenced centre made 183/163. Large dip in torque when the decat was fitted prior to mapping.

Updated spec list as of 20/07/17;

Engine and exterior;
  • Engine Dynamics Re-map (180.9bhp on dyno 20/07/17)
  • High volume fuel pump
  • K-Tec Racing induction kit
  • Milltek cat-back stainless steel exhaust
  • Powerflex exhaust hanger bushes - red
  • Powerflex upper engine mount insert - yellow
  • Powerflex twisted dogbone bush
  • OMP front upper strut brace in anthracite grey
  • OMP rear upper strut brace in anthracite grey
  • Skoda Fabia front splitter
  • Honda S2000 aerial
Wheels and suspension;
  • Cup offset Turini’s re-furbished in silver
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres front and rear
  • Pure Motorsport 5mm wheel spacers front and rear
  • 30mm wheel bolts
  • Cooksport lowering springs
  • Whiteline rear anti-roll bar
Brakes;
  • Brembo HC front discs with Brembo pads
  • Genuine Renault rear discs with Brembo pads
  • Caliper re-fresh painted silver front and rear
Interior and audio;
  • Sparco 3-spoke 330mm steering wheel finished in black suede
  • Momo steering wheel boss kit
  • Custom steering wheel bracket (to retain cruise control functions)
  • Genuine Renault Sport mats
  • Alpine CD player/radio
  • Audison 225w component front speakers with separate tweeters
  • Hertz Hi-Energy 140w co-axial rear speakers
  • Skinz kit (sound proofing) in both doors

Small update, I went into the local Skoda today to order a spare Fabia splitter (as they are cheap and mine is pretty scratched) and when I said to the parts guy what I was after, he just looked at me and said "this wouldn't be for a Clio would it?" LOL! Yes it would! He's been asked several times for them apparently but anyway, handy thing to have as a spare for only £14 ish and thanks @mintno1 for supplying the part number which made it quick and easy to order :up:

Sorry mate,ive looked in my loft and cant find the spotlights,i must of sold them ages ago when i took them off,Sorry mate.

No probs mate! Thanks for having a look for me

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
[emoji23][emoji23] at the skoda guy. I'll get one for mine before csf I think.
Do you have a steering control adaptor for your alpine head unit? If so would you know what it is by any chance? I've just got an alpine and nearly deafened myself when I hit a bump turning the volume up!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Small update, I went into the local Skoda today to order a spare Fabia splitter (as they are cheap and mine is pretty scratched) and when I said to the parts guy what I was after, he just looked at me and said "this wouldn't be for a Clio would it?" LOL! Yes it would! He's been asked several times for them apparently but anyway, handy thing to have as a spare for only £14 ish and thanks @mintno1 for supplying the part number which made it quick and easy to order :up:

Brilliant! I ordered mine online and the guy asked if it was a Clio too. I bet they sell loads of them to Clio owners!

[emoji23][emoji23] at the skoda guy. I'll get one for mine before csf I think.
Do you have a steering control adaptor for your alpine head unit? If so would you know what it is by any chance? I've just got an alpine and nearly deafened myself when I hit a bump turning the volume up!

Yes I do have the adaptor leads so that the steering controls still work for the stereo, i'm not sure on part numbers but you would need the car specific adaptor lead AND the stereo specific patch lead, in this case the Alpine. You must have both. Patch leads are usually 5 or 6 quid from Autoleads, the other one will be a bit more expensive :up:

Brilliant! I ordered mine online and the guy asked if it was a Clio too. I bet they sell loads of them to Clio owners!

They probably sell more to Clio owners than they do Skoda owners 😂

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers :up::up:
You're so right, I still can't believe i've lost all my photos on here, I mean these threads take us all a lot of time to create and keep up to date and is cool to look back on what we've done. Not like I can go back to the start and replace all the photos, that truly would be a mission!!

Glad other people have had the same issue.... well not glad, but you know what I mean....
Over 100 pages on my thread and the images all gone.

You do know that you can log into photobucket and download them though?

Glad other people have had the same issue.... well not glad, but you know what I mean....
Over 100 pages on my thread and the images all gone.

You do know that you can log into photobucket and download them though?

Ouch, 100 pages!! All that work and time spent............ I have all my photos saved on my laptop so wasn't an issue there, just the forum thread(s), but thanks for the heads up :up:

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
Nice you sorted the running issue, mines defiantly got a gremlin but is running ok, just a tad lumpy on idle hot or cold but I've replaced everything really. Sent engine dynamics an email but heard nothing back so not sure on there reply time.

Would love a new header tank just so clean aren't they.

What's next?