ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Nice you sorted the running issue, mines defiantly got a gremlin but is running ok, just a tad lumpy on idle hot or cold but I've replaced everything really. Sent engine dynamics an email but heard nothing back so not sure on there reply time.

Would love a new header tank just so clean aren't they.

What's next?

Cheers matey :up: in regards to reply time, they are very busy as shown by how long you sometimes have to wait for bookings but Andy is very friendly with a fantastic knowledge so it's worth waiting for an answer. To be honest, when I initially emailed I waited until early morning after a weekend so my email would be near the top 😂

Just want to enjoy the car now, but for someone who said they wouldn't change much though, the spec list is now quite big so who knows!!

Nothing much to update at this time, since getting the car sorted at Engine Dynamics it hadn't seen the road again until last night mainly due to not having the time or interest over the last month or so due to other issues going on. However, thought i'd get it out of the garage for a little drive last night and it started on the button, ran perfectly, and just as the sun was going down, grabbed a couple of quick iPhone photos to try and capture just how clean it was looking :cool: I do love this car!

36705261992_d10247c247_c.jpg

36705261822_023953ab0b_z.jpg

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick fly through this in work (from the start!) and cars progression looks amazing mate!
So clean and a great example!... That engine bay has me considering spending my evening cleaning mine now! Super jealous! Keep up the good work :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looking ace as always.

Are you not tempted to go 10mm on the spacers at the front just to equal them out a bit? Also, have you had any issues with the 5mm ones? I've just fitted 10mm hub spacers at the rear and 15mm hubcentric spacers on the front with my cup turinis and they to be a bit too much so was thinking about going 5mm rear spacers and 5mm or 10mm on the front.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, that's much appreciated :blush:

Saw this over the weekend. It really is bloody lovely. A real credit to you Steve. You need to drive it more though 😂

Haha cheers Jon, glad you've finally seen it! I still say that was a good spot you seeing me, right place right time!

What are you using mate for polish & waxing?

I'm not a detailer, I just like to keep it as clean as possible mate therefore my products might not be as extensive as you may think! I use a lot of Autobrite products however, like the Cherry Glaze polish, 'Crystal' glass cleaner, 'Pink Sheen' for the interior plastics etc, Elegance Sealant Spray, tyre shine is just the Meguiars Tyre gel but I think it works really well! The thing that gives great results however is the Farecla G3 paste wax in the black tub, I was always a bit dubious about this but a friend got some, his car looked great (glossy) so got a tub myself and must say that that, with then the Elegance spray over the top pretty much is how I get the car to look how it looks in the two photos above! Thing is though when I wax/buff the car, EVERYTHING gets done. Lights, number plates, almost every square inch lol!

Had a quick fly through this in work (from the start!) and cars progression looks amazing mate!
So clean and a great example!... That engine bay has me considering spending my evening cleaning mine now! Super jealous! Keep up the good work :smile:

Thanks mate, appreciate that! Photobucket had ruined 90% of my thread like a lot of people's on here by stopping the images showing so after reading what you said, I was like 'how's he seen the pics!?' But just checked and photobucket are allowing them to display again, NICE! They must have realised that everyone had stopped using it!!!!

Gorgeous that, the perfect example!

Kind words those considering how smart your car is mate, thanks!

Looking ace as always.

Are you not tempted to go 10mm on the spacers at the front just to equal them out a bit? Also, have you had any issues with the 5mm ones? I've just fitted 10mm hub spacers at the rear and 15mm hubcentric spacers on the front with my cup turinis and they to be a bit too much so was thinking about going 5mm rear spacers and 5mm or 10mm on the front.

To be honest, I'm really happy with the 5mm so have no plans to change them. With the Cup wheels being a bit wider anyway, it's just enough....... oh and I like that they match all round 😂 Seriously though, never had any issues at all. Despite only being 5mm which is the limit I believe for the standard bolts, I still wanted longer wheel bolts anyway just to be safe and therefore it's all good!

Cars looking awesome mate , was it you I see up Yarmouth seafront the other evening in this?

If it was Sunday evening just gone, then yes that would have been me :up::up:

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
If it was Sunday evening just gone, then yes that would have been me :up::up:[/QUOTE]

Certainly was mate, was a couple of nice looking clios about but your one really stood out to me :up:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
To be honest, I'm really happy with the 5mm so have no plans to change them. With the Cup wheels being a bit wider anyway, it's just enough....... oh and I like that they match all round 😂 Seriously though, never had any issues at all. Despite only being 5mm which is the limit I believe for the standard bolts, I still wanted longer wheel bolts anyway just to be safe and therefore it's all good!

No rubbing on the arch liners at the front?

I need to raise mine slightly at the rear and lower the front a touch more but the front rubs on the arch liner as it is so I may have to drop down a few mm on the spacers.

Could you do me a mahoosive favour when you get chance? When your next on a mega flat road, could you measure how your Cooksports sit? From either the floor to top of the arch or centre of the wheel up to the top of the arch.

I've got KW coilovers but i love how the Cooksports sit but there's no point changing them at the minute.

Certainly was mate, was a couple of nice looking clios about but your one really stood out to me :up:

Thanks mate :up: I never saw you/your car driving around which is a shame, but I only did a couple of 'laps' and parked up and we went for a wander down the front!

No rubbing on the arch liners at the front?

I need to raise mine slightly at the rear and lower the front a touch more but the front rubs on the arch liner as it is so I may have to drop down a few mm on the spacers.

Could you do me a mahoosive favour when you get chance? When your next on a mega flat road, could you measure how your Cooksports sit? From either the floor to top of the arch or centre of the wheel up to the top of the arch.

I've got KW coilovers but i love how the Cooksports sit but there's no point changing them at the minute.

No, no rubbing on the front that I am aware of or any issues at all............ yeah that's coolio i'll give it a measure next time the car is out, it's just getting a decent bit of road to get the correct measurement!! Would be easy to do. Yes I must admit, for what I want from the car, the Cooksports are perfect for me! Not much was done to this car when I bought it, but the Cooksports were one thing which was a result!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
No, no rubbing on the front that I am aware of or any issues at all............ yeah that's coolio i'll give it a measure next time the car is out, it's just getting a decent bit of road to get the correct measurement!! Would be easy to do. Yes I must admit, for what I want from the car, the Cooksports are perfect for me! Not much was done to this car when I bought it, but the Cooksports were one thing which was a result!

That'd be fantastic. I'm also going to put a thread up to see if anyone knows off the top of their head, or can measure for me as well.

I'm tempted to bin off my KW coilovers and just get brand new shocks all around and Cooksports but it's a lot of messing around when I could just set the coilovers how the Cooksports sit.

Definitely going to go down to 5mm spacers at the back and 5 or 10mm at the front. 10mm back and 15mm front just looks too much.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That'd be fantastic. I'm also going to put a thread up to see if anyone knows off the top of their head, or can measure for me as well.

I'm tempted to bin off my KW coilovers and just get brand new shocks all around and Cooksports but it's a lot of messing around when I could just set the coilovers how the Cooksports sit.

Definitely going to go down to 5mm spacers at the back and 5 or 10mm at the front. 10mm back and 15mm front just looks too much.
Ill measure for you if steve doesnt get chance x

Last edited:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Ill measure for you if you if steve doesnt get chance x

Oh s**t, yeh forgot you had them too. That would be much appreciated.

I'm properly tempted to just to get rid of the KW's as they're a few years old now. Decisions decisions.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Oh s**t, yeh forgot you had them too. That would be much appreciated.

I'm properly tempted to just to get rid of the KW's as they're a few years old now. Decisions decisions.
Feel free to drive mine first to see whether you like the ride quality. They are actually pretty decent even on 'old' shocks. Slightly crashy on bumpy roads but no more than your coilovers would be. Only noticed some form of scraping when turning right into the alley to get behind my house. Not sure if that's splitter or arch liner though.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Always loved this car. Has looked cracking from start to finish, it's a credit to you.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
What's your offset on wheels an tire size, damaged/leaking shock maybe??

I'm on cup turinis with 195/45 s drives with 10mm stub axle spacers. Shocks were new last year and look bone dry. Maybe it's just the extra ballast on the driver's side. I'll have to diet some[emoji1]

Took the car to the local Renault today for it's MOT and i'm pleased to report it got a clean sheet with zero advisories, so i'm well chuffed with that! :grinning: When I said to the lady on the service desk not to wash or clean the car in any way, she even said "well I did wonder, it's immaculate!" so that was also nice to hear.......... it's 12 year's old now afterall and does have a few minor marks and stone chips here and there but did look smart parked up ready to go in!

37035343696_1e77e42320_b.jpg

The pleasing result of a clean sheet however was reasonably short lived as when I got in the car to drive home, I noticed the fans were on full blast, full heat!? Fiddled with the settings on the way back and sure enough, with climate control on or off, min speed or max speed, any direction even, it's on full blast and full heat. Was a warm drive back I can tell you!!! I've looked on here and sounds like it COULD be the heater resistor behind the scuttle panel but i'm not sure that's the case here as it's not just the speed that's stuck, it's the heat!?

Anyway, it's booked into Renault for next week so we shall see what the deal is..................... couldn't believe it was pouring with rain this morning when I took it to the MOT so the car has just had a thorough wash and fully dried off, now is tucked away in the garage again for now.

I've also bought these two small parts recently to try and continue the minty freshness, standard issue with the gear lever gaitor, I have a broken clip so it keeps popping up a the bottom! These are so cheap however, it's no issue...........

37225865075_5237c95463_b.jpg

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Told you it'd flew through the mot no worries! As for the heater it's like I said on whatsapp it'll be the resistor under the scuttle panel which is a cheap enough fix just send it off for repair to the guy on eBay, think it was a two day turn around.

Either the resistor which isn't cheap from Renault. Or the panel gone faulty

Told you it'd flew through the mot no worries! As for the heater it's like I said on whatsapp it'll be the resistor under the scuttle panel which is a cheap enough fix just send it off for repair to the guy on eBay, think it was a two day turn around.

Cheers guys, i'm almost pleased it seems a VERY common issue! Something else to sort, but not something random no one has ever heard of!!

Will be looking into getting this sorted asap, just trying to fit it in around work at the moment is the challenge!

Have dropped the car off at Renault this morning to have the heater looked at, fingers crossed its a REASONABLY simple fix...... as discussed above, i'm feeling a cheap fix for the speed, just the heat that's a issue IMO. Only drove it 5 mins this morning and was nearly roasting hot when I got there so at least the heating works!! They've been left strict instructions not to clean or wash the car in anyway so we'll see what today brings............

As I left, did look very clean so did the usual "keep turning round to look at it as you walk away" 😂😂