ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yet another Clio 182 track day road going car. Callyteee's blog

RACE DAY TOMORROW!! :grin::hearteyes:

car been for its mot and passed as expected. Only issue being rear discs but was aware of them and a brake pipe (guys been fussy but what I did ask for)

Today was prep' day! Been working though my to do list, and after checking my pads, I am able to get another days worth out the old ones before changing so that's a win.. Oil and filter done:spanner: and the braided lines looked too time consuming 😂 so they go shelved...

To Do List:-

- New pads all round - after Sunday
- fit braided brake lines -
- get remaining track wheels redone - done
- oil and filter change - done
- 2nd bucket seat
- (60mm) Coilovers

Got my other set of alloys done and also got my hands on a near new set of R888's so first time trying these compared to the maragoni tyres, which I wasn't the biggest fan off tbh.

Collected trailer, loaded car and now it's sitting pretty waiting to go :car:

4B9FA9F8-6C03-428C-B8CF-40991B78AEED_zpszrmdn3mg.jpg

Who else is up tomorrow???

Track day done!

First track day of the year, hot hatch day done and what a day it was! Weather was good, car was running great, was having a few lights coming up on dash (ABS related) but nothing showed when on track and never missed a beat all day, happy days!

Biggest change was going from maragoni's to R888's and what a difference that made.

Everyone was liking the plastic bonnet :smile: Very interested in the doors and boot now.

Few videos from the day

Had a good few races with the old nova, get one really well with the guy so had a laugh after with him :smile:

Last one of the day, video cuts out half way through.

https://youtu.be/ApTJcyDH7cg

Update:

Knockhill coming up this Sunday and the car is ready to go!

Not really much to report a bit boring if anything.

New pads all round fitted, race pads up front standards in rear. New discs on the rear aswell. The old rear bearings split into several parts which was odd as there was no play and just passed a MOT a few weeks before.

Apart from a quick wax and clean the cars ready to roll!

On the look out for a 3 or 4 point harness. As now aquirred a 2nd bucket seat.

On a sperate note... This happened 😅

655A4784-850E-4B10-B547-C6C56E9E5749_zpsdts2tbdv.png

E2EDF4D1-D17D-46D0-B69D-273F9499C0BB_zps2z8xvurd.jpg

BC4FA21B-06E5-48C1-8BFA-DAE6797F6FB4_zpsvcnjtkhh.jpg

7CFFE748-BFC8-4469-8E97-175608C551A1_zpsn8ubxopl.jpg

A Wee V-Dub polo gti!!

Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it to started, was going to keep it for Sunday to give it a blast round knockhill as like a 2nd backup track car haha!

But decided to bust it so now breaking for parts!

Who's going Sunday, Ford RS owners day!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Update:

Knockhill coming up this Sunday and the car is ready to go!

Not really much to report a bit boring if anything.

New pads all round fitted, race pads up front standards in rear. New discs on the rear aswell. The old rear bearings split into several parts which was odd as there was no play and just passed a MOT a few weeks before.

Apart from a quick wax and clean the cars ready to roll!

On the look out for a 3 or 4 point harness. As now aquirred a 2nd bucket seat.

On a sperate note... This happened 😅

655A4784-850E-4B10-B547-C6C56E9E5749_zpsdts2tbdv.png

E2EDF4D1-D17D-46D0-B69D-273F9499C0BB_zps2z8xvurd.jpg

BC4FA21B-06E5-48C1-8BFA-DAE6797F6FB4_zpsvcnjtkhh.jpg

7CFFE748-BFC8-4469-8E97-175608C551A1_zpsn8ubxopl.jpg

A Wee V-Dub polo gti!!

Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it to started, was going to keep it for Sunday to give it a blast round knockhill as like a 2nd backup track car haha!

But decided to bust it so now breaking for parts!

Who's going Sunday, Ford RS owners day!
i'll be there mate, i'm booked in for 2 sessions so i'm hoping the weather stays dry 🙈

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Will be trying for groups 1 & 4 or 2 & 5 as usual mate, group 6 is usually Ford only. You should be in group 2, your no longer a road car!! ;)

Been mega busy of late so not been able to do an update since the last track day.

Car is running great at the moment, no issues to report and feel I'm really starting to set a good lap time. (All be it I'm not timing) but the people I race with am getting faster and they are noticing aswell. So maybe worth checking times.

Was never a fan of setting times and believed just go and have fun. But now I really want to set good times.

Any few pic from the day..

B30F126D-1361-4E67-AC76-3D9951F9F752_zpscovmffls.jpg

5A485F32-5702-4622-954F-3F4EF43EC937_zpsnuvvimtz.jpg

C39E4D49-5027-4ABC-8EEB-C6052CA17FE4_zps7mp7jjmt.jpg

F05C447F-BCDA-4A95-A127-35C09F56072E_zpsnzzxlyvt.jpg

Camera was playing up. Would work fine with out SIM card.. Them put in card and stop working.. Ordered new card so will see how it goes next time. Few track side clips.

http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Ca...7-44DD-88B1-23479DDAF58F_zpssajnzyxm.mp4.html

http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Ca...3-4654-A17F-C72454C244EB_zpsaogrk4ij.mp4.html

http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Ca...7-44DD-88B1-23479DDAF58F_zpsg0tn3olz.mp4.html

http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Ca...2-4C76-B0D4-07A6FF70B3B3_zpsmaatycvn.mp4.html

So hoping to make the 12th as a hot hatch day and also booked onto the open pit in Aug for the CSOC day at knockhill.

Eventually got myself a 2nd set of turbines... About time aswell! :laughing:

5FDE953B-8026-437B-ACE5-7EEB0048F715_zpslv2h5xuk.jpg

They are in getting redone as we speak so will have them back shortly.

On a separate note mind I mentioned the polo Gti....

Now looking sorry for itself and ready for scrap soon,

652555DA-2005-446A-8304-83186A675D51_zps7jro4jyj.jpg

So polo down and now this appears..

5525CD55-56D8-41AD-ABBD-737B95ABFA5E_zpsxxw7rpdw.jpg

94F2FE13-CC3E-4097-87B5-F58F1F10A900_zpsx4dz60fm.jpg

Volkswagen Golf 2.3 V5

Another one for breaking :smile: needed a few parts off for a pal and the rest is up for grabs. Quick turnaround hopefully in this one aswell.

2 months gone and another track day was done in June before holiday time.

So back in with too it, spose these need to get fitted!

211BA6C2-06FD-4B8E-B1EC-00D3FB9D2337_zpskvd7oobg.jpg

Gaz rear shocks and spax fronts. Black series polybushes for the rear. Just fitting standard top mounts up front. New track rid ends gettin done aswell.

Also booked into Automek near end of month to get corner weighted plus suspension setup! Looking forward to that.

Managed a track day before going on holiday. But nothing major to report. Car ran well but weather was awful. More a day to play in the wet than track racing.

Developed an oil leak from the plastic cover on the side of the engine. Cam caps? Not found proper name but car is in getting coillies plus oil leak looked at.

Saving my self for the Clio day on the 29th Aug, so hopefully all going well car will be running well.

3 weeks on a its all coming together...

Car got coilovers fitted and oil leak has been fixed.

Car drivers totally different on the coilovers, will be like learning its limits all over again.

After fitting, sent the car off to Automek to get the suspension setup proper.

Good service at automek, proper recommend them and they seem well clued up on what's what. Plenty of question and asked what sort of style your after.

Apparently flat out is just a basic answer and more info is needed 😂

The report from them was mostly all good. Seemed happy with the car and overall condition so a win there!

Bad news was the rear axle was at fault and recommended me replacing it.

I agreed and then decided this would be what it really needs :grin:

7905C00F-55A1-462B-A14B-AC2CA9AB05FA_zps2hp6odfy.jpg

Too much? Or bling is the way forward haha!

A Wee cheers to @Yumen :up: for having one.

So dropped the car off tonight and it should be back up and running by the weekend ready to go back to Automek for a refinement.

B90D21A8-16CF-4A95-9BBB-82E6A6557FE1_zpsgspt0mwj.jpg

Made a new friend... Kinda

2B5FC0E8-B59F-4DC9-990F-0B271C2E104E_zpskxgkevvu.jpg

Csoc charity night done and it was mixed results..

Car went out and lasted 10mins from start and died a death going down duffis. Taking duffis at speed and cornering hard, once down and then turning left to prepare for the next turn the car would cut out, it would give a few flashes of the hazards and service light came on. Car would roll to a stop. Once on the grass the car would not restart as if it was out of fuel, (just turning over). By the time they stopped the race and about to recover me the car would come back to life and run as normal.

Very strange and to be honest don't actually know where to start with it. I'm thinking electrical more than actual fuel.

There is a 15amp fuse under the bonnet that when moving the car would make different noises as if it was a loose connection. Managed to bypass the fuse box and recrimp the cable onto a fuse and see how it ran from there...

Out for a trail run and the car ran a treat! Got a good few sessions out it aswell. Timed myself and was doing 64's all the time with a few 63's in there so happy with that considering what was going on.

Also first time out on coilovers and car feels totally different. Had to play with rear dampers to get a setting that I was happy with but it was always going to be trial and error to start with.

Few pictures from flat out photography..

15EA0BEC-6705-4352-8CC5-BD4346833EBE_zpsbougjj9w.png

301FBE58-CC36-4BF1-B5BE-42826C2274AB_zpsmqdvddbm.png

2990B523-2DD0-408A-9EAB-085AF2291BE8_zpsuch2bey8.png

341A3DF3-335F-4E1F-A511-F2728BE3F00D_zpswko9me9i.png

7866951B-A389-4E7C-B3C7-6DDA676BF468_zpslgpv5due.png

D1F75805-7B53-4FAE-A9AC-83A65E053774_zpstzjrwctd.png

6A2DEDDC-882A-4CA6-9D1E-CDC22B15691B_zpslmy9buow.png

464664E9-7C70-4AA6-84D6-A8C12D58F085_zpsm4h8waq0.png

F40E75BB-2C75-40DE-B4C0-4B53FDE67AAB_zpsakserwar.png

So plans just now are you find out why this fault of it cutting out happened. And hopefully get a couple more track days done before the winter months kick in proper.

Anyone with info or can help out with ideas of why it's cutting out please let me know as I'm stumped here 😅

Cheers!

Had a play about today with some of the relays and fuses.

This first one (purple) was in position A. That was the worst looking one. The rest came out and looked clean.

Swapped G and J and also swapped B and D. See if that does anything for now. Will order up new one and replace just to rule them out.

Will get in behind the dash tomorrow Also going to clean up gearbox earth see if that caused bad connection

A07177F2-9CBC-4E51-AB76-0F2E8B1324E0_zpsob3gqbh8.png

022B91A5-1120-4641-B66B-C876F274C4A1_zps4han6rpz.jpg

D20777B3-68E1-4371-82F0-46BFF6920D05_zpsh8p4t2rt.jpg

9A1E5643-CC1E-4E25-99F3-CA4146E0B9E7_zpsmnoqymnn.jpg

77E40783-D3D6-45D2-8EBF-A4D178E0D015_zps4a9mhmhh.jpg

Few parts starting to arrive...

A52772F7-AA54-4CB7-89A5-E76716C7561C_zpsupr9eyls.jpg

New relays arrived, going to replace all 3. Been told by a guy at Renault that they can cause all sorts of faults so will see what happens. Sticking to the idea it's electrical just now, going to talk to a few other as a lot of mechanical guys are all saying fuel surge..

Also arrived today!

71D5F1D1-89B8-44EE-AE4A-A1E169C2CA0F_zpsvfzhqpxo.jpg

Full set of polycarbonate Perspex Windows. Looking forward to getting these fitted. Going to leave the tailgate one until I get my hands on a plastic tailgate and fit it all at once.

Storm Grey Clio 172
Few parts starting to arrive...

A52772F7-AA54-4CB7-89A5-E76716C7561C_zpsupr9eyls.jpg

New relays arrived, going to replace all 3. Been told by a guy at Renault that they can cause all sorts of faults so will see what happens. Sticking to the idea it's electrical just now, going to talk to a few other as a lot of mechanical guys are all saying fuel surge..

Also arrived today!

71D5F1D1-89B8-44EE-AE4A-A1E169C2CA0F_zpsvfzhqpxo.jpg

Full set of polycarbonate Perspex Windows. Looking forward to getting these fitted. Going to leave the tailgate one until I get my hands on a plastic tailgate and fit it all at once.

Where are the Windows from mate?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Coming together Cally..... We'll see those times coming down shortly

Did you feel the benefit of the coil-overs or was the electric problem to off putting?

Coming together Cally..... We'll see those times coming down shortly

Did you feel the benefit of the coil-overs or was the electric problem to off putting?

The fault happened from the start so did have it on my mind, but when up and running was getting 63'secs laps and I was still playing about with the rear dampness as was finding it offa 'skippy' coming down duffus. Found a setting I felt happy with so next time up think I'll disconnect the rear ARB and see how it feels then.

100% recommend the suspension setup automek done. Before I found I was turning in and dealing with understeer but now same turn and I'm in the middle of the road...meaning I can take the corners quicker and wider.

Looks like that's me parked up for the winter....

Had a track day there on Sunday day and as for the fault of it cutting out didn't re-appear I did only manage about 7 laps..

Up the main straight going from third to fourth, a few crunches and parts falling about, roll to a stop on the grass, big red puddle... gearbox went pop! :pensive: So it was back on the trailer for before 10am.. not too beating up about it, 97k 17 knockhill days so nothing to really complain about.

%5BURL=http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Ca...AB5A-56B39E1867C1_zpsalzb1k9b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

New gear box is bought and awaiting delivery. Get it checked out and decided what's next.

%5BURL=http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Ca...BB6E-B898E737109E_zpsabnzyxnf.png[/IMG][/URL]

Still to do Windows and tailgate so a few jobs to do over the winter but that will be me done this season anyway.

Long over due update.

Not been on here in a while. Winter hibernation I guess 😂

Car has had a good bit of work done to it since. Not fully ready but no far from it..

Gearbox has been removed and replacement has been fitted. Clutch failure destroyed the old box, Valeo clutch aswell and known to have been issues with others.

On the look out for a spare box, as now have all internals available to rebuild and make a spare.

A pic before it went in for its op!..

IMG_6294.JPG

Along with a new clutch it has also had new bottom arms, subframe cleaned and quick paint and fresh fluids all round.

Modification wise it now has a fibreglass tailgate...

IMG_7141.JPG

Still awaiting for a spoiler for it but coming along nicely..

Also has had a full set of Perspex windows fitted

IMG_6553.JPG

And awaiting for these to return from paint!

IMG_7313.JPG

So car has lost a bit of weight over the winter and hoping it can make a bit of difference and maybe bring the times down a bit :smirk:

Car is booked in to automek for end of the month to get corner weight/tracking sorted and fix a few niggles here and there.

On an extra, was thinking about getting the car wrapped, just need a few idea for now as the bodywork is a little marked here and there, and it's driving me nuts 😂... go a thing about trying to have a squeaky clean track car, got to be good for track side photos :wink:

Aiming for the 4th march as a outing as it's a Clio day! :car:

Well Car has been to automek and back again..

Corner weight and tracking sorted with the weight coming in at 923kg. Happy with that considering I havent went full Fibreglass and fell I could still loose a few Kilo here and there so maybe get it down to 915kg as a target weight. :grin:

Along with the above car also has had new calipers up front along with new discs on rear due to wear in the bearings. Would be good to maybe find an upgrade for the rears as I've had a few bearing now go on me.

Few pics of how automek mounted the catches.

IMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG

So now prepping the car to be wrapped, and basically just chopping things away 😂

Few pics...

IMG_7842.JPG

IMG_7848.JPG

IMG_7846.JPG

Was going to put holes along the centre but quite like it as it. Need to chop away an exhaust and then centre it. Think I'll change the tailpipe aswell

Started preping the front bumper now and again just Chopin away 😂

IMG_7857.JPG

Not sure what else to do to the front will see if I find anything to compare with.

CHECK OUT MY CAR COVER! :cool::innocent:

IMG_7844.JPG

That is a topper is I do say so my self 😂

10point is anyone can guess the white car :wink:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well Car has been to automek and back again..

Corner weight and tracking sorted with the weight coming in at 923kg. Happy with that considering I havent went full Fibreglass and fell I could still loose a few Kilo here and there so maybe get it down to 915kg as a target weight. :grin:

Along with the above car also has had new calipers up front along with new discs on rear due to wear in the bearings. Would be good to maybe find an upgrade for the rears as I've had a few bearing now go on me.

Few pics of how automek mounted the catches.

View attachment 177154

View attachment 177155

So now prepping the car to be wrapped, and basically just chopping things away 😂

Few pics...

View attachment 177150

View attachment 177151

View attachment 177152

Was going to put holes along the centre but quite like it as it. Need to chop away an exhaust and then centre it. Think I'll change the tailpipe aswell

Started preping the front bumper now and again just Chopin away 😂

View attachment 177153

Not sure what else to do to the front will see if I find anything to compare with.

CHECK OUT MY CAR COVER! :cool::innocent:

View attachment 177158

That is a topper is I do say so my self 😂

10point is anyone can guess the white car :wink:
Loving this Cally! You're becoming worse than me :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Id
White car is MK1 Golf?
I'd say yes, if memory serves correct, Callys mate and his dad restored and track prepped it. He was down buying some road tyres from me for it and it's meant to be quite a modified monster........,

White car is MK1 Golf?

10 points to you 😂

Id

I'd say yes, if memory serves correct, Callys mate and his dad restored and track prepped it. He was down buying some road tyres from me for it and it's meant to be quite a modified monster........,

Was. 2.0ltr before and that and the Clio where a dead match on track. Now is a 1.8T with the aim of 300bhp, (more 250 for now).. fancy box and loads of other bits, bit to VAG for me :tongueclosed:

It's coming to the CSOC track day on the 4th march as it's first track day as a 1.8T so should be good. I'm sure there will be a few things up there to surprise him as he's not the biggest French fan:wink: